US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:04 AM
I was one that felt Bernie had an ego that was pushing Trump in certain aspects.

I’m glad to be proven wrong in this moment. He did the right thing and i hope he continues to be involved.

Opinions can change

Old 04-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Of course not.

I’m saying that this story should be looked into, and it is. It should be taken seriously, and people can react to it how they want. It reminds me a bit of Kavanaugh. CBF’s accusation wouldn’t have held up in court, but Kavanaugh wasn’t being charged with a crime, it was part of a job “interview,” so to speak — and it’s much the same here.

I will also say that there’s no comparison whatsoever between Biden’s past and Trump’s past. What’s unfortunate about this story is it will become a “so what, he did it too” for Trump supporters, like when he trotted our Kathleen Wiley and others after the Access Hollywood tape. And that’s really what I was pointing out -/ the poster only posted the single most lurid paragraph in what was an otherwise pretty evenhanded article.
I think KBeds' statement is exactly the kind of statement that should be made.

Quote:
‘Women have the right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims,’ Deputy Campaign Manager and Communications Director Kate Bedingfield said on Friday. ‘We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false.’
Clear, concise, zero hedge on whether or not they are true.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:20 PM   #23
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I believe what he's saying is that you selectively posted parts of the article that are damning towards Biden while completely leaving out the parts that raise questions to the validity of the accusations... while also ignoring the laundry list of despicable behavior by your chosen savior.
I guess you don’t read my posts - I never
Said I am a trump supporter.i also stated his comments would have gotten anybody else in government service fired. My issue is the left is do quick to accuse and the Republican is always guilty because the must be they are evil republicanss. Yet Clinton was a serial offender, Biden is one crappy dude and he allegedly penetrated this woman with his fingers and on and on yet that’s ok. The are not smeared in the press the way the republicans are, just sad.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:04 PM
US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
Said I am a trump supporter.i also stated his comments would have gotten anybody else in government service fired. My issue is the left is do quick to accuse and the Republican is always guilty because the must be they are evil republicanss. Yet Clinton was a serial offender, Biden is one crappy dude and he allegedly penetrated this woman with his fingers and on and on yet that’s ok. The are not smeared in the press the way the republicans are, just sad.

Literally no one is saying thet it’s ok except for you saying that’s what others are saying.

There’s no issue with “the Left” here. It’s a strawmen, likely so some voters can find a way to excuse/justify a Trump vote in the fall when they know he’s complete trash as a human and an even worse president.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Ohhhhhhh another independent conservative. My apologies
Old 04-13-2020, 08:07 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ohhhhhhh another independent conservative. My apologies
I keep telling you guys, this is like how none of them voted for GWB. He was elected by way of a virgin election apparently.

Give it a few years and suddenly nobody will have been a Trump voter either.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:01 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Looks like the Wisconsin GOP killed a bunch of people and got absolutely nothing for it.

Quote:
Democrats scored a significant victory in Wisconsin on Monday night when a liberal challenger upset a Trump-backed incumbent to win a State Supreme Court seat, a down-ballot race that illustrated strong turnout and vote-by-mail efforts in a presidential battleground state.

The victory, by upward of 120,000 votes as of Monday night, came as a shock to Republicans and Democrats alike in Wisconsin, where contests for president, governor and the state’s high court in the last four years have all been decided by about 30,000 votes or less. It followed weeks of Democratic anger over Republicans’ insistence on holding elections amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Wisconsin’s map on Monday night looked like a dream general election result for former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumptive Democratic nominee — stronger than typical for Democrats in the suburbs and a respectable showing among the state’s blue-collar white voters in rural counties. But officials from both parties cautioned against overinterpreting the Supreme Court results, given the bizarre circumstances surrounding the high court race.

The challenger for the court seat, Jill Karofsky, ousted the conservative incumbent, Justice Daniel Kelly, in a contest with broad potential implications for voting rights in Wisconsin’s November general election. Justice Kelly became just the second incumbent State Supreme Court justice to be ousted at the polls since 1967. President Trump had boasted that his endorsement of Justice Kelly had unnerved Democrats in the state.

And Biden won every single county.

This is why I’m cautiously optimistic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/u...e=articleShare
Old 04-14-2020, 02:43 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:04 PM
LOL, congratulations, Republicans, you played yourselves.

Seriously, though, that is some genuinely good news.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I keep telling you guys, this is like how none of them voted for GWB. He was elected by way of a virgin election apparently.

Give it a few years and suddenly nobody will have been a Trump voter either.

Immaculate election.

Can almost promise the entire GOP the minute Trump is out of office will disavow him. Claim none of the horrible stuff they did or supported happened.

And the scary part is the Dems will believe it
Old 04-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Looks like the Wisconsin GOP killed a bunch of people and got absolutely nothing for it.

And Biden won every single county.

This is why I’m cautiously optimistic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/u...e=articleShare
Both Scott Walker appointed judges lost by 20 POINTS.
Biden won WI by 31 points. A state that Bernie won by 10 points in 2016.

This is my whole point to those that are saying "Biden is likely to lose this election". Where is the proof of this from what we have seen so far in 2018 and 2020?

There is a boiling unrest against Trump across the country.
One that keeps presenting itself. And not just that, but it seems that Biden has become the rallying point for this unrest, whether you like him or not.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

CNN says Obama will endorse Biden today
Old 04-14-2020, 11:30 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My only preference is the Clintons stay out of the race. No endorsements, no nothing.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Obama's 12 minute video was fantastic. Can he run again please?
Old 04-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #34
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Both Scott Walker appointed judges lost by 20 POINTS.
Biden won WI by 31 points. A state that Bernie won by 10 points in 2016.

This is my whole point to those that are saying "Biden is likely to lose this election". Where is the proof of this from what we have seen so far in 2018 and 2020?

There is a boiling unrest against Trump across the country.
One that keeps presenting itself. And not just that, but it seems that Biden has become the rallying point for this unrest, whether you like him or not.
The case for Sanders is not that he's going to win committed Democrats. His odds were always going to be much better in the general election, when he can appeal to independents, than it ever was in the Democratic primary.

He lost. I don't dispute that. It's disheartening. People listen to the media more than I thought they would (or maybe just hoped they would). The feeling of inevitably after the party coalesced around Biden ahead of Super Tuesday couldn't be overcome. It is what it is.

Honestly, even had they not taken that step, I feel as though the Democrats simply would not have let Sanders be the nominee in any circumstance. The bombshell leak in the UK about how the Labour Party deliberately tanked to prevent Corbyn's ascendance shows the playbook for the center fighting against the left.

It was worth a shot, but it was always a long shot. We'll need to figure something else out. It will take a long time, and many, many people will suffer as a result. It depresses the shit out of me.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #35
The Fly

I voted for GWB. I loved President Bush. I still respect him. I wrote in Rubio in 2016 and likely will again. Although I am becoming a fan of Nikki Haley.

I did not vote for trump because as a professional leader my whole adult life; I didn’t see the leadership qualities I expect from my CINC. I believe in servant leadership not the great man model. I don’t like his leadership nor communications style. That being said I don’t wish him ill, nor do I hope he fails, I also don’t think he is always wrong, If he is right on a policy I won’t condemn it. Even people we disagree with can have good ideas. That’s why I condemn the rabid left or right for that matter. We don’t have to oppose everything some one does even if we disagree with them 90 percent of the time. I disagree with Sanders on most things. But I respect the fact he is honest and truly believes in his platform. I agree with him on student loan debt and income inequality due to Corp greed and how it will extinguish the middle class. I wouldn’t vote for him, but I can respect him; and won’t condemn all his ideas because I don’t agree with him.

I am not an independent conservative. I am very much a Republican. I see myself as fiscally conservative but I also feel that big corps are just as dangerous as big govt to individual liberty. However I also believe in a social safety net that allows people to take chances and start businesses so that if the fail their family won’t starve . I am socially libertarian but strongly pro life. I believe that life begins at conception. However when it comes to the health and life of the mother that is a family’s decision. I don’t care who you marry; just don’t force a church to perform the ceremony if it goes against thier religious beliefs. I don’t care if you smoke pot and it should be legal——— so that is what I believe just wanted to get it all out.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #36
War Child

Old 04-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I am not an independent conservative. I am very much a Republican.

Oh my comment was more just designed around the notion of you being teased with the title because a certain poster here genuinely deserves to hear it about his title-in-name-only.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Obama's 12 minute video was fantastic. Can he run again please?
I wish, he still has a way with words.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #39
The Fly

I wanted to add one thing. For me being Pro Life is the most important thing in my politicians. I believe life begins at conception. I believe that life has the same rights as you or me. I also that the mother has a right to life so I agree with the teachings of the church that direct abortion is always wrong. Indirect abortion in the attempt to save the mother is the families decision. I felt I needed to clarify my statement above .

Likewise, in the context of pregnancy, a woman may not be killed in order to save the life of her child, and a child may not be killed in order to save the life of his mother. However, the Church does permit morally neutral medical procedures designed to save a pregnant woman’s life that may have an unintended side-effect of causing a child to die in the womb, such as the removal of a cancerous uterus.

BTW I am also against the death penalty and the targeting of non combatants in war

We may never perform an intrinsically evil act even to bring about a great good. For example, a just society cannot intentionally kill innocent civilians in a war, even for the praiseworthy goal of ending a conflict quickly and saving many lives.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I wanted to add one thing. For me being Pro Life is the most important thing in my politicians. I believe life begins at conception. I believe that life has the same rights as you or me. I also that the mother has a right to life so I agree with the teachings of the church that direct abortion is always wrong. Indirect abortion in the attempt to save the mother is the families decision. I felt I needed to clarify my statement above .

Likewise, in the context of pregnancy, a woman may not be killed in order to save the life of her child, and a child may not be killed in order to save the life of his mother. However, the Church does permit morally neutral medical procedures designed to save a pregnant woman’s life that may have an unintended side-effect of causing a child to die in the womb, such as the removal of a cancerous uterus.

BTW I am also against the death penalty and the targeting of non combatants in war

We may never perform an intrinsically evil act even to bring about a great good. For example, a just society cannot intentionally kill innocent civilians in a war, even for the praiseworthy goal of ending a conflict quickly and saving many lives.
I don't like to get into this topic much. But if people were truly "pro-life" IMO they are MUCH better off supporting Democrats.

The problem with "pro-life" people (and yes, I'm using those quotation marks as heavily and sarcastically as I can) is that the only solution it seems to get to fewer abortions, is to change human behavior. And I have a HUGE secret to tell you. You can't control human behavior.
The only real way to decrease abortion rates is to provide free, accessible and non-demonized birth control. End of story.
Places that have been pro-active in this area see huge drops. In fact, I think Colorado saw a 65% decrease in unwanted pregnancies after instituting aggressive birth control programs.

And I also couldn't be a part of a party that claims to be "pro-life", but have little to no compassion or care for people in poverty, or for refugees. Who seem thrilled to destroy the environment for profit - which kills tens of thousands a year in our country, to keep affordable, sensible, life saving healthcare out of the hands of millions - which kills tens of thousands a year in our country. It's disgusting, and so beyond hypocritical, that hypocritical is far too weak of a word to use.