US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This sentence really stood out to me:

"And the coronavirus pandemic — and the public attention it has commanded — has had the effect of freezing the campaign, making it more onerous for Trump to train voters' attention on anything else."

Essentially, it's very difficult for Trump to weaken Biden right now when this Pandemic is going on. It continues to make Trump look like a weak leader and no press is good press for Biden right now.

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1259677889542438917?s=21

I don’t know if going after Obama will have the same effect as the Clintons.
I don''t think so! :whistle: I think it might even backfire a bit make even some more voters come out to/mail in vote(s).

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1259954262064283648

seriously. He has no clue. Just what his cult members love.
:lol::up:
And someone tweeted the Wheel of Misfortune. :D

:bow: Oh, thank you headache! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hmm: I wonder how today's briefing will go?

Last edited:

"And the coronavirus pandemic — and the public attention it has commanded — has had the effect of freezing the campaign, making it more onerous for Trump to train voters' attention on anything else."

Essentially, it's very difficult for Trump to weaken Biden right now when this Pandemic is going on. It continues to make Trump look like a weak leader and no press is good press for Biden right now.

Right.
The election has taken a back seat (a way way back seat) in the public consciousness and the focus is almost 100% on the pandemic, and Trump is making himself look the fool on a regular basis with pressers like yesterday's.
He thought the daily briefings would serve as a viable alternative to his in person rallies while folks were locked down, but he couldn't get out of his own way when he was faced with speaking to something besides an adoring crowd of mindless supporters.

I decided that instead of Prison, I would rather Trump be forced to answer to and provide proof of every lie he's told since becoming President in a live TV setting where if he tries to divert, get snarky, or lie again, he receives an electric shock.

I decided that instead of Prison, I would rather Trump be forced to answer to and provide proof of every lie he's told since becoming President in a live TV setting where if he tries to divert, get snarky, or lie again, he receives an electric shock.

That could cause a major black out throughout the US, maybe the world.

Mmhm. If I were Biden, I'd just stay quiet and keep putting out my campaign ads and leave it at that. Let Trump be the one flailing around desperately trying to do something.

I also love how the GOP thinks targeting Biden over the stuff with his son is going to be a strategy. Every single thing they want to try and throw at him is something Trump himself has done and been accused of, so the idea that they want to actually try going down that road is...hilarious. People are going to notice the hypocrisy.

1. This guy sounds like a pathetic loser.
2. That is hilarious. Great strategy there, genius.

I'd be fine with this.

Sooooo... Looking like Stacy Abrams huh?

I've seen her more on TV and social media in the last two weeks than ever before. And Biden on Lawrence O'Donnell tonight with Abrams...

She's in my top 3 for VP. Harris, Warren, Abrams, followed closely by Baldwin, although she kinda lacks any national name ID.

I’m all for Abrams’ future and I think she has a big career ahead of her. But I don’t think she’s a good pick. Although this does seem to indicate that they think Georgia is in play, which would be lights out GOP.

The VP of someone so old should be someone with national experience who is read to take over on Day 2.

I suppose at the end of the day winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing given our current situation, and there’s little reason to think she wouldn’t have strong advisors and get about the same results as any other D candidate who ran — but I suppose I’m still old school in this regard.

Abrams brings in votes from progressives who don’t like the Democratic Party.

Harris does not bring in anything.

But she reassures suburbanites who have the same professional class worries I do. But then, it’s not like we’re going to vote for Trump.

I’m hearing that Harris just isn’t that into it.

But she reassures suburbanites who have the same professional class worries I do. But then, it’s not like we’re going to vote for Trump.

I’m hearing that Harris just isn’t that into it.

It reassures you, and that’s great, but you already nailed it. You’re going to vote for your side.

Abrams brings in voters who might not. Harris doesn’t. And her home field advantage is absolutely worthless.

Yeah obviously Biden doesn't need any help winning CA, but I think the fact that he is 99.999% likely to not survive his term means he need to select someone everyone feels can take over.

WHH's record could be in serious Jeopardy next January/February.

That’s a bit of a baseless and hyperbolic statement to suggest that a monthlong presidency is “seriously in jeopardy.”

I’ll say it again... nobody cares about your comfort. You’re not voting for Donald Trump because Stacey Abrams was the VP pick. Nobody is doing that. And nobody is staying home because she was the pick, either.

If you were worried about Biden’s age, you fucked that up during the primary.

That’s a bit of a baseless and hyperbolic statement to suggest that a monthlong presidency is “seriously in jeopardy.”

You do get when someone is exaggerating just a tad to make a point, right. (and you have read some of my posts on here before, right?) :wink:
If you were worried about Biden’s age, you fucked that up during the primary.

I didn't vote for Biden in the primary. Didn't want him, nor any of the 70+ year old candidates, yet here we are.

You do get when someone is exaggerating just a tad to make a point, right. (and you have read some of my posts on here before, right?) :wink:

I didn't vote for Biden in the primary. Didn't want him, nor any of the 70+ year old candidates, yet here we are.

I know you’re joking.

And I wasn’t intending YOU. I meant general you. Not to be confused with General Yu.

It reassures you, and that’s great, but you already nailed it. You’re going to vote for your side.

Abrams brings in voters who might not. Harris doesn’t. And her home field advantage is absolutely worthless.

Spot on, and Warren threatens the Senate majority, I don't find Demings overly likable, Whitmer just sort of came about because of the pandemic and Trump, Baldwin would be good, but a little bland and not known nationally, Amy is fine, but too conservative and just wouldn't add anything to the ticket.

Abrams brings younger, progressives, African American, and hell, hopefully Georgia with her!

I’d vote for General Tso any day.

hell yeah i'd vote for him:

While Zuo is best known for his military acumen, he believed that the key to peace and stability lay in an educated, prosperous citizenry. He sometimes referred to himself by his art name, "peasant from Xiang", and was keenly interested in agriculture. He advocated the scientific reform of commercial agriculture both as a way to strengthen China's economic self-suffiency and also as a way to manage civilian populations by improving their standard of living and controlling the kinds of crops they grew. During the 12 years he spent in northwestern China, he undertook extensive agricultural research on different crops and methods. Comparing the benefits and indications of two ancient agricultural methods, the more established long field, crop rotation method (代田法) and the less common intensive, small-field method (區田法), Zuo believed that the latter method, cultivating small fields of densely-planted monocultures, was more suitable to the dry, extreme climate of the northwest region. To promote this method, he authored two pamphlets explaining the method which were then distributed freely to local farming communities. Zuo also recognised the threat of opium to the nation's stability and economic health and advocated replacing opium poppies with cotton as the major cash crop in Gansu and Shaanxi provinces. He authorised the large scale distribution of cotton seeds and published pamphlets on its cultivation and processing. In 1878, he also oversaw the establishment of a large weaving factory in present-day Mulan County, Gansu Province, with the aim of creating a new textile industry in the region and providing socially-acceptable employment to women.

In addition to managing the peasantry by improving their economic circumstances, Zuo also believed that increasing access to traditional Chinese philosophy would help to pacify areas experiencing unrest and ultimately create a more contented and unified populace. To this end, Zuo set up an printing press in northwestern China which printed Chinese classics, as well as agricultural pamphlets. When Zuo first arrived in the region, a decade of constant warfare had virtually stopped all publishing in the region. Zuo prioritised reestablishing the printing industry a priority and thousands of copies of the publications he authorised were distributed in Ningxia, Qinghai, Gansu, Shaanxi and Xinjiang. Printing appears to have stopped when Zuo returned to Beijing, but the endeavour is credited with inspiring later printing presses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuo_Zongtang#Legacy

From what I've seen of Abrams on TV, I'm totally fine with her being Biden's VP. Even if experience is something of a concern, if she does wind up having to take over as president someday, she'll have a good, strong staff surrounding her to balance out any of those potential issues.

And whatever experience she doesn't yet have, she'd clearly be willing to learn.

From what I've seen of Abrams on TV, I'm totally fine with her being Biden's VP. Even if experience is something of a concern, if she does wind up having to take over as president someday, she'll have a good, strong staff surrounding her to balance out any of those potential issues.

And whatever experience she doesn't yet have, she'd clearly be willing to learn.

Yeah, let's be honest. The VP in the position doesn't do much. If she had to step into the Presidential role, she is extremely smart, and she would do what smart presidents do, she would listen to the experts around her and make the best choices she could. I think it is often funny that people think a president goes into office knowing everything, when the fact is, they are the information gatherer and you hope they just have good judgement.
So as long as she isn't a narcissistic sociopath, then she and we, well be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom