US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I’m not picking a side on this in terms of Reade because I don’t see enough information to have my heart settled one way or another, but flat out I find this post to be disgusting.

This goes against everything regarding listening to and believing a victim.

This is an exceptional circumstance given the nature and reasonable doubt associated with her case and with the potential that she has ulterior motives.

That does not change a thing though. This post you’ve provided gross against everything. I don’t even feel I can line by line address the elements of this. You think a 1993 senate office was listening to an accuser. You should be ashamed for that statement, and every subsequent statement where you dare consider questioning the notion of why a theoretical victim does not behave in a way that you deem to be logical, simply because it supports your argument in this very moment. It’s disgusting, it’s like you’ve learned nothing and not listened to any story any victim has told.

And shit, I’m not even saying this particular woman is truthful or not. I refuse to draw a conclusion on such a controversial topic with such iffy and unclear facts. But damn, read your post over again.

What the actual fuck?!
Maybe you don't read much at all, cause as I've said a couple times recently, I am myself a victim of sexual assault. An actual victim. And I can guarantee you that I have heard the most heartbreaking detail and pain from dozens of other survivors, including my wife's.

I have seen lives shattered, lives forever scarred and ability to connect and have loving relationships lost as I have been to years of solo and group therapy.
But please tell me how I don't know anything or ever listened to a victim's story.

You know why I have been vocal about this? Because real victims are harmed by those that falsely report, whatever their motivations.

I ask you to read my post again. I never said that she would be definitely listened to by the Senate Office. But other Congresspeople and Senators have had complaints lodged against them and have faced consequences, at least professionally. It was on option for her. Which she says she took. But so far no complaint found, she didn't keep a copy, and now is saying she didn't use the words sexual harrassment. Which means she definitely didn't use the words sexual assault.

Would the police have done anything? Possibly. Possibly not. If the story were true and it was considered rape, then they most likely would have at least had to open a case.

How is giving newspaper interviews and podcast interviews not having her voice heard?

How is me pointing out a few avenues she could have taken, even if she didn't get results "disgusting?"

As I said, I in NO WAY fault someone for waiting a long time to say anything. It took me 25 years, but I was 5 when my assault happened. I truly had no voice.

And I think you are missing the overall point. I'm not saying that her speaking out at that time wouldn't have ended up with her hitting a brick wall. That is all too common and MeToo has definitely helped, but is still prevalent.

The point is that (It is looking very likely now) that these reports weren't made and police weren't notified and press wasn't spoken to because it never happened. Like I've said before, I can certainly see her feeling uncomfortable and having her shoulders touched could absolutely be true. But seeing her actions and more and more facts pouring out. Her claim of sexual assault is seeming more and more likely to be false.

And that doesn't just make me sad. It pisses me the hell off. It hurts every person who comes forward after this, or who now might NOT come forward at all. It hurts MeToo.

THAT is disgusting.

And guess who it helps. Trump.

Now, well, who knows, maybe those 24 women who have accused him are lying too. You know he will use that. And those 24 women who spoke out, most before MeToo, will be seen as liars.

THAT is disgusting.

If you really haven't seen enough information, I would urge you to read the article that Headache just posted. It has a lot of the info from some that I posted, but with added information and laid out in better sequence.

Last edited:

This one is well laid out and has even some new information.

Seeing some posts on Twitter tonight from people that have worked in the Senate offices for decades and the "area" in which this supposedly took place seems very implausible. Depending on what part of the structure, Pretty much a high traffic area, where subways are onboarding and offboarding, and the other side is the Capital Police office, and through the middle there is a Capital police post.

Also the fact that pantyhose were mandatory for all women working in the offices at that time and it was upheld. If you came without them you would be given a pair.

So this again is yet more oddities and detail to throw in the mix.

So now it looks like the allegation that Biden complimented a 14 year old girls breasts (put forward by Sanders loyalist Nate Robinson), has been proven false, within about 24 hours. Biden was not at the event where this was said to have happened, he was home recovering from surgery.
Side note: Nate has also confessed to coaching Tara Reade for media appearances.
If we are looking for people that are completely fucking over MeToo, we don't have to look too hard at where these stories are being pushed from.

What the actual fuck?!
Maybe you don't read much at all, cause as I've said a couple times recently, I am myself a victim of sexual assault. An actual victim. And I can guarantee you that I have heard the most heartbreaking detail and pain from dozens of other survivors, including my wife's.

I have seen lives shattered, lives forever scarred and ability to connect and have loving relationships lost as I have been to years of solo and group therapy.
But please tell me how I don't know anything or ever listened to a victim's story.

You know why I have been vocal about this? Because real victims are harmed by those that falsely report, whatever their motivations.

I ask you to read my post again. I never said that she would be definitely listened to by the Senate Office. But other Congresspeople and Senators have had complaints lodged against them and have faced consequences, at least professionally. It was on option for her. Which she says she took. But so far no complaint found, she didn't keep a copy, and now is saying she didn't use the words sexual harrassment. Which means she definitely didn't use the words sexual assault.

Would the police have done anything? Possibly. Possibly not. If the story were true and it was considered rape, then they most likely would have at least had to open a case.

How is giving newspaper interviews and podcast interviews not having her voice heard?

How is me pointing out a few avenues she could have taken, even if she didn't get results "disgusting?"

As I said, I in NO WAY fault someone for waiting a long time to say anything. It took me 25 years, but I was 5 when my assault happened. I truly had no voice.

And I think you are missing the overall point. I'm not saying that her speaking out at that time wouldn't have ended up with her hitting a brick wall. That is all too common and MeToo has definitely helped, but is still prevalent.

The point is that (It is looking very likely now) that these reports weren't made and police weren't notified and press wasn't spoken to because it never happened. Like I've said before, I can certainly see her feeling uncomfortable and having her shoulders touched could absolutely be true. But seeing her actions and more and more facts pouring out. Her claim of sexual assault is seeming more and more likely to be false.

And that doesn't just make me sad. It pisses me the hell off. It hurts every person who comes forward after this, or who now might NOT come forward at all. It hurts MeToo.

THAT is disgusting.

And guess who it helps. Trump.

Now, well, who knows, maybe those 24 women who have accused him are lying too. You know he will use that. And those 24 women who spoke out, most before MeToo, will be seen as liars.

THAT is disgusting.

If you really haven't seen enough information, I would urge you to read the article that Headache just posted. It has a lot of the info from some that I posted, but with added information and laid out in better sequence.

My point stands. I don’t know how you can say half of things you said in your prior post. The fact that you yourself are a victim makes it even more shocking. you literally have repeatedly played the “why didn’t she come forward sooner???” card repeatedly, and you’ve suggested that a potential victim “always had a voice.” As though we haven’t proven that folks like Harvey Weinstein and those with power could silence any accusations.

I’m not “missing the overall point.” You’re clouded by a political bias. There’s plenty of reason to believe she’s a liar, and there’s plenty of believable reasons why she would’ve done everything she’s said at this point. You repeatedly keep tiptoeing on the “why didn’t she do it then???” point.

Bottom line: if this is conspiracy to damage Joe Biden, it’s well crafted. And yes it’s practically the same thing as Brett Kavanaugh. So you can either think that Ford... with no real evidence... maybe made her story up because it was the perfect time to do so? Maybe! Maybe not. You’re attempting to unequivocally say that because she didn’t gather sufficient evidence when she might’ve had the opportunity, and because she didn’t try hard enough decades ago to make it very clear, that Reade is obviously a liar.

Have you ever stopped to think that the angle your news source has is biased? And you like that bias? Like, all news sources. I read the article about her “not including the words sexual assault.” God forbid someone who was sexually assaulted didn’t use the words two dozen years ago because they were afraid. You do realize that it’s a confusing yet common emotional response to say “well he’s a good guy even though he did that to me. I don’t want to ruin his career...”

Anyways, you can’t say without reasonable doubt that she’s lying. You can’t. And the fact that you’re aggressively doing so is shocking.

My point stands. I don’t know how you can say half of things you said in your prior post. The fact that you yourself are a victim makes it even more shocking. you literally have repeatedly played the “why didn’t she come forward sooner???” card repeatedly, and you’ve suggested that a potential victim “always had a voice.” As though we haven’t proven that folks like Harvey Weinstein and those with power could silence any accusations.

I’m not “missing the overall point.” You’re clouded by a political bias. There’s plenty of reason to believe she’s a liar, and there’s plenty of believable reasons why she would’ve done everything she’s said at this point. You repeatedly keep tiptoeing on the “why didn’t she do it then???” point.

Bottom line: if this is conspiracy to damage Joe Biden, it’s well crafted. And yes it’s practically the same thing as Brett Kavanaugh. So you can either think that Ford... with no real evidence... maybe made her story up because it was the perfect time to do so? Maybe! Maybe not. You’re attempting to unequivocally say that because she didn’t gather sufficient evidence when she might’ve had the opportunity, and because she didn’t try hard enough decades ago to make it very clear, that Reade is obviously a liar.

Have you ever stopped to think that the angle your news source has is biased? And you like that bias? Like, all news sources. I read the article about her “not including the words sexual assault.” God forbid someone who was sexually assaulted didn’t use the words two dozen years ago because they were afraid. You do realize that it’s a confusing yet common emotional response to say “well he’s a good guy even though he did that to me. I don’t want to ruin his career...”

Anyways, you can’t say without reasonable doubt that she’s lying. You can’t. And the fact that you’re aggressively doing so is shocking.

I think you have a clear issue reading comprehension. Never have I said I don't believe her because of the amount of time it took her to come forward. NEVER. In fact I've said the opposite MANY times. But sure, your completely opposite accusation gives you a lot of credibility here.

As I explained at length in my post. MeToo has given people a space to feel more comfortable coming forward, especially against those in power. I also never said "always had a voice" that you put in quotes. And then you completely ignore my purpose of saying that she did have options that she COULD have taken. Options that she says she considered. But she didn't, and that's ok. But don't come out and say later that you were actively "silenced" A term she uses over and over again.
I was never silenced in my 25 years, I chose not to come forward until I felt I was at a place that I couldn't keep it to myself any longer.

And this brings up another important point. The moment that you tell someone for the first time, is as etched in your brain as hard as the act itself. You remember every detail. Reade has from all accounts said she told various people, over 75% of those people say she didn't... In fact in all the digging through this, I don't think I've ever heard her say who she first told... Which again in my experience with other survivors is very strange.

Guess what else I never did. I never praised my abuser. I never said i told people about it that I hadn't, I never told multiple, vastly different stories, I also never sat with my truth and then on a public forum say how "timeing is everything... Tic Toc..." again and again. And if you think that its normal that someone does that, you are wrong. If you think someone without an ulterior motive does that, you're wrong.

And yes, my experience is vastly different, and with this involving a Senator, it brings up a whole different set of dynamics. But I don't think you understand that having been through it and having seen and heard dozens of others stories in person, Reade's history and actions run very contradictory than anything I've experienced.

People want to compare this to Ford. but it's not the same at all. Ford had one story. She never wavered. She didn't make claims that evidence existed that didn't. She never talked with people from her past to coerce or change their story (at least that I know of) She didn't have a history of lying or of having extreme political bias.
You seem to want to take all claims completely out of context and make them equal. They are not. You keep talking about "reasonable doubt" Well I would say that after seeing a woman with Ford's story, going under oath and seeming extremely credible, and Kavanaugh going up there and screaming and crying, I found her story to more believeable. Is there a possibility that Ford wasn't truthful. Possible but not probable IMO.

Then you have the complete history of Reade coming out for you to read and take into consideration. I take it you haven't read through the article that Headache posted, but if you did, I don't see how you can look at that history, put it up next to Biden, who has never had one other accusation of sexual assault in 50 years, who is calling for any and all documents to be released of ANY complaint filed - And not say that there is reasonable doubt.
I think you may need to check your political bias here.
Of course the articles are going to has a bias slant to them. No question. The commentary in the articles yes. But the FACTS that are presented don't change. There are no bias in the tweets, or the articles she wrote, or the praise she gave to Biden during the very time that MeToo was taking off, the fact is that her story has changed dramatically, that is fact, not bias. The fact is that her mothers call to Larry King doesn't back up her new story, the fact is that her brother gave multiple accounts of what she said and when he was told, the fact is that she had political motive. These are facts, and if you take them as a whole, they add up to her not being very credible.

And for your statement that she thought he was a good guy and didn't want to ruin his career. This shows your complete lack or real experience with victims.
Very common that someone would say - I THOUGHT he was a good guy, what did I do to bring this about, what could I have done to stop it, etc...
But after you are raped by someone. There are many reasons people don't come forward, but none that I have ever heard are because they still hold that person in high esteem (unless possibly a family member, which is a whole different dynamic)

I think at this point we have to agree to disagree. You find her more credible than I do. I can live with that. But I still think you are taking what I'm trying to say and spinning it into some sort of victim blaming. Again, not blaming her for not coming forward earlier. Taking her history, motive and the very precise timing of both her first and second public claims, after giving a threat of a releasing a precisely timed claim over and over again, gives me very, very high doubt.

Last edited:
I think you have a clear issue reading comprehension. Never have I said I don't believe her because of the amount of time it took her to come forward. NEVER. In fact I've said the opposite MANY times. But sure, your completely opposite accusation gives you a lot of credibility here.

As I explained at length in my post. MeToo has given people a space to feel more comfortable coming forward, especially against those in power. I also never said "always had a voice" that you put in quotes. And then you completely ignore my purpose of saying that she did have options that she COULD have taken. Options that she says she considered. But she didn't, and that's ok. But don't come out and say later that you were actively "silenced" A term she uses over and over again.
I was never silenced in my 25 years, I chose not to come forward until I felt I was at a place that I couldn't keep it to myself any longer.

And this brings up another important point. The moment that you tell someone for the first time, is as etched in your brain as hard as the act itself. You remember every detail. Reade has from all accounts said she told various people, over 75% of those people say she didn't... In fact in all the digging through this, I don't think I've ever heard her say who she first told... Which again in my experience with other survivors is very strange.

Guess what else I never did. I never praised my abuser. I never said i told people about it that I hadn't, I never told multiple, vastly different stories, I also never sat with my truth and then on a public forum say how "timeing is everything... Tic Toc..." again and again. And if you think that its normal that someone does that, you are wrong. If you think someone without an ulterior motive does that, you're wrong.

And yes, my experience is vastly different, and with this involving a Senator, it brings up a whole different set of dynamics. But I don't think you understand that having been through it and having seen and heard dozens of others stories in person, Reade's history and actions run very contradictory than anything I've experienced.

People want to compare this to Ford. but it's not the same at all. Ford had one story. She never wavered. She didn't make claims that evidence existed that didn't. She never talked with people from her past to coerce or change their story (at least that I know of) She didn't have a history of lying or of having extreme political bias.
You seem to want to take all claims completely out of context and make them equal. They are not. You keep talking about "reasonable doubt" Well I would say that after seeing a woman with Ford's story, going under oath and seeming extremely credible, and Kavanaugh going up there and screaming and crying, I found her story to more believeable. Is there a possibility that Ford wasn't truthful. Possible but not probable IMO.

Then you have the complete history of Reade coming out for you to read and take into consideration. I take it you haven't read through the article that Headache posted, but if you did, I don't see how you can look at that history, put it up next to Biden, who has never had one other accusation of sexual assault in 50 years, who is calling for any and all documents to be released of ANY complaint filed - And not say that there is reasonable doubt.
I think you may need to check your political bias here.
Of course the articles are going to has a bias slant to them. No question. The commentary in the articles yes. But the FACTS that are presented don't change. There are no bias in the tweets, or the articles she wrote, or the praise she gave to Biden during the very time that MeToo was taking off, the fact is that her story has changed dramatically, that is fact, not bias. The fact is that her mothers call to Larry King doesn't back up her new story, the fact is that her brother gave multiple accounts of what she said and when he was told, the fact is that she had political motive. These are facts, and if you take them as a whole, they add up to her not being very credible.

And for your statement that she thought he was a good guy and didn't want to ruin his career. This shows your complete lack or real experience with victims.
Very common that someone would say - I THOUGHT he was a good guy, what did I do to bring this about, what could I have done to stop it, etc...
But after you are raped by someone. There are many reasons people don't come forward, but none that I have ever heard are because they still hold that person in high esteem (unless possibly a family member, which is a whole different dynamic)

I think at this point we have to agree to disagree. You find her more credible than I do. I can live with that. But I still think you are taking what I'm trying to say and spinning it into some sort of victim blaming. Again, not blaming her for not coming forward earlier. Taking her history, motive and the very precise timing of both her first and second public claims, after giving a threat of a releasing a precisely timed claim over and over again, gives me very, very high doubt.

I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Women didn't have a voice before MeToo? Come on...
...Hell, Trump had wracked up 18 or so accusers by the end of 2016, a year before MeToo had taken off...

...Reade claims that she submitted a report to the Senate office in 1993. One way her voice could have been heard, if a claim was actually made.

She claims the subject of going to the police came up, That was another way her voice could have been heard.

She claims that the subject of going to the press came up, but didn't want to "out of respect" for the Senator in question. (You know, we all have the utmost respect for the person that sexually assaulted us). Sounds again, much more in line with her "feeling uncomfortable" story. yet another way her voice could have been heard.

So her voice was heard. Unfortunately, as my lengthy post, and the article I posted yesterday lay out in great detail. Her "voice" has been an inconsistent mess. She made her voice heard on twitter for 2 years with praise and likes for Biden. Then, suddenly as he was entering the race (against her guy Bernie)

I would never discount anyone's story because the length of time it took for them to come forward. That's pretty standard. But I absolutely would be suspicious if a changing story came out at a particular time that lined up with the accuser's known motives.

How do you not see your total hypocrisy and bias here?

I’m not going to go point for point with your explosive posts. Your most recent post is condescending as fuck. Some of the shit you say to me in there is offensive, but for “reading comprehension’s” sake, I’ve made my stance clear that I can’t and won’t draw a conclusion given the evidence put forward. You’re attempting to strong arm your way through this by claiming privilege of knowing how someone else feels and how they should behave, and spewing political bias in your posts. Oh, and you have a well documented history of spewing the bias.

There are many reasons to discredit the story, and there isn’t a history of Joe Biden being a sexual predator. There aren’t multiple claims against him. True or false, there’s not much you can tangibly do with this accusation, much like with Ford’s. It absolutely is comparable.

Your rhetoric of harsh condemnation of someone’s feelings which are not your own is inappropriate. You are not her. She might very well be a liar, but you don’t know that, and you can say whatever you want, but your biases are clearly doing the talking.

I think there's going to be bias no matter what. That's human nature. My only issue with the MeToo movement is that others weaponize it to position against other people. A ton of good has come out of it, but as usual, our society overcompensates. Women who have been abused, harassed, and assaulted should absolutely have a voice. The fact that they ever felt like they didn't have a voice is a damn shame. But like anyone who comes out with accusations against another individual should absolutely have to come under the scrutiny of authenticity. For as much as Reade's story has changed along with the timing of her new statements, she absolutely deserves the scrutiny she's getting. On the flip side, if she's telling the truth and Biden did it, she should absolutely be vindicated and Biden should suffer the consequences. But what I've read so far doesn't give me a lot of confidence that her story is authentic, and it's her own actions that have me feeling that way.

I think there's going to be bias no matter what. That's human nature. My only issue with the MeToo movement is that others weaponize it to position against other people. A ton of good has come out of it, but as usual, our society overcompensates. Women who have been abused, harassed, and assaulted should absolutely have a voice. The fact that they ever felt like they didn't have a voice is a damn shame. But like anyone who comes out with accusations against another individual should absolutely have to come under the scrutiny of authenticity. For as much as Reade's story has changed along with the timing of her new statements, she absolutely deserves the scrutiny she's getting. On the flip side, if she's telling the truth and Biden did it, she should absolutely be vindicated and Biden should suffer the consequences. But what I've read so far doesn't give me a lot of confidence that her story is authentic, and it's her own actions that have me feeling that way.

I mean I agree and I’m pretty against cancel culture. And I like facts. But there’s a very strong sensitivity with how you present facts.

Authenticity is not anyone’s place to claim right now, because there are no cold hard facts. There’s no clear evidence that it happened, and there’s no clear evidence that she’s lying. Just someone’s biased opinion, gut, or whatever. So to aggressively come out and say you’re “not buying it at all” because gut feeling on X Y Z is basically what some of the republicans did to Ford, and it was disgusting.

I am on record here for clearly saying that the notion of “believe women” was grossly misconstrued in Warren v Sanders, when there was a he-said-she-said over what Sanders did or did not say. The bottom line with that though is that it was absolutely “me too” weaponization.

The irony behind all of this is that Joe Biden is the one handling this best. Not those supporting him on the internet.

I mean I agree and I’m pretty against cancel culture. And I like facts. But there’s a very strong sensitivity with how you present facts.

Authenticity is not anyone’s place to claim right now, because there are no cold hard facts. There’s no clear evidence that it happened, and there’s no clear evidence that she’s lying. Just someone’s biased opinion, gut, or whatever. So to aggressively come out and say you’re “not buying it at all” because gut feeling on X Y Z is basically what some of the republicans did to Ford, and it was disgusting.

I am on record here for clearly saying that the notion of “believe women” was grossly misconstrued in Warren v Sanders, when there was a he-said-she-said over what Sanders did or did not say. The bottom line with that though is that it was absolutely “me too” weaponization.

The irony behind all of this is that Joe Biden is the one handling this best. Not those supporting him on the internet.

Haha agreed with your last statement 100%.

I'm a bit sensitive to the topic in a completely different angle. I had a really bad breakup where my ex completely made up a story of domestic violence just to get back at me (yeah I pick real good ones). So I've been through the whole "everyone seems to believe her" and having to defend myself while trying to keep a cool head about it. One of the worst experiences of my life. I think that's why I tend to have empathy for the accused more than a lot of people.

Haha agreed with your last statement 100%.

I'm a bit sensitive to the topic in a completely different angle. I had a really bad breakup where my ex completely made up a story of domestic violence just to get back at me (yeah I pick real good ones). So I've been through the whole "everyone seems to believe her" and having to defend myself while trying to keep a cool head about it. One of the worst experiences of my life. I think that's why I tend to have empathy for the accused more than a lot of people.

In middle school, one day I got off the bus and got on my bike and was leaving the stop and hit a gnarly pothole. I went flying over the handlebars, but my ankle got trapped inside the bike frame. It was a pretty bad sprain, but it could’ve been a hell of a lot more traumatic given how it played out. It was one of those “you’re lucky it wasn’t way worse” type situations. Anyways, this kid started literally pointing and laughing at me right after it happened. So with some adrenaline, not knowing how messed up my ankle was, I got up and continued to foot sweep him and pick him back up about four or five times. Basically I was the same mean defensive person I am now, and instead of actually fighting him, I just physically humiliated him.

Aaaanyways. The next day his older sister comes after me and she tries to take a swing at my face. I caught her arm mid swing and told her to stop doing this right now, we aren’t fighting. Some lady in a car pulls over and tells her to stop (and tells me to leave, which I did gladly). The next day at school, she proceeded to tell everyone that I “hit a girl.”

So yeah, maybe not the level of being accused of domestic assault, but I get what it feels like to be accused of something you didn’t do. I get when people have motives. How someone feels about how someone else feels is just too many layers of emotions, and emotions already aren’t a good source of facts.

This is one of those situations where we almost certainly will never be 100% certain.

What makes me lean more in the direction of Biden than Reade is that in my opinion/experience (and really that's all we have at the end of the day), men who sexually assault a woman are very, very rarely one-time offenders. I find it a bit hard to believe that in the last 60 or so years since he became an adult, apart from the maybe-appropriate-given-the-times-but-in-no-way-appropriate-now shoulder rubs, hugs etc, there haven't been other claims of this sort of impropriety. Gzusfrk, please don't come at us with "groping" children as that is deeply offensive and untrue and not something to be tossed around without being at least a tiny bit circumspect.

Compare that to Bill Clinton, or Bill Cosby, or Donald Trump, or Harvey Weinstein, or for Canadians, Jian Ghomeshi - these are all clear examples of men who have long and sordid histories of assaulting and abusing women and when the dam broke you had one woman after another after another coming out with similar experiences of varying criminality or at least creepiness spanning years and decades.

Is it possible Joe Biden assaulted Tara Reade and nobody else ever? Of course. It just doesn't altogether pass the smell test for me (in combination with all the other facts).

This is one of those situations where we almost certainly will never be 100% certain.

What makes me lean more in the direction of Biden than Reade is that in my opinion/experience (and really that's all we have at the end of the day), men who sexually assault a woman are very, very rarely one-time offenders. I find it a bit hard to believe that in the last 60 or so years since he became an adult, apart from the maybe-appropriate-given-the-times-but-in-no-way-appropriate-now shoulder rubs, hugs etc, there haven't been other claims of this sort of impropriety. Gzusfrk, please don't come at us with "groping" children as that is deeply offensive and untrue and not something to be tossed around without being at least a tiny bit circumspect.

Compare that to Bill Clinton, or Bill Cosby, or Donald Trump, or Harvey Weinstein, or for Canadians, Jian Ghomeshi - these are all clear examples of men who have long and sordid histories of assaulting and abusing women and when the dam broke you had one woman after another after another coming out with similar experiences of varying criminality or at least creepiness spanning years and decades.

Is it possible Joe Biden assaulted Tara Reade and nobody else ever? Of course. It just doesn't altogether pass the smell test for me (in combination with all the other facts).

Please don’t make me post the pictures of him rubbing little girls down the front of their shirts, kissing them, not “like your Grandpa” does, Jeff Sessions literally pulling his grandchild away from Joe Biden, putting his hand around their waist........I’m not even TALKING about the weird sniffing and shoulder rubs.

You’re a disgrace for blowing this off, as are the rest of you. If anyone did this to my children, I’d call the police. I understand that much of the left has a REAL problem with acknowledging the pedo behavior of famous libs, if this is “progressive love” or some weirdness, we don’t want it.

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!

Please don’t make me post the pictures of him rubbing little girls down the front of their shirts, kissing them, not “like your Grandpa” does, Jeff Sessions literally pulling his grandchild away from Joe Biden, putting his hand around their waist........I’m not even TALKING about the weird sniffing and shoulder rubs.

You’re a disgrace for blowing this off, as are the rest of you. If anyone did this to my children, I’d call the police. I understand that much of the left has a REAL problem with acknowledging the pedo behavior of famous libs, if this is “progressive love” or some weirdness, we don’t want it.

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!

tara reade was a little girl when this alleged incident happened?

i mean, i assume that must be the case, or else you'd just be getting super triggered and angrily moving the goalposts like a dumb lib, and we all know you're too smart and cool to do something like that.

Last edited:

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!

Why did you choose to all caps the word “talking”?

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!

Right. You’re sitting on the bombshell evidence of photographic proof he’s a pedophile, but he’s somehow managed to skate by 4 decades in public service because... the media hates a big story? Oh no wait! It’s because the librul media is all secretly in on a pedophile cabal that all the powerful libs take part in, right? #pizzagatewasreal

Right.

Last edited:

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!
10virus-us-briefing-hartisland-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Right. You’re sitting on the bombshell evidence of photographic proof he’s a pedophile, but he’s somehow managed to skate by 4 decades in public service because... the media hates a big story? Oh no wait! It’s because the librul media is all secretly in on a pedophile cabal that all the powerful libs take part in, right? #pizzagatewasreal

Right.
Seriously. That only happens at Penn State.

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!

Ahem...

Seriously, I don't want to hear a goddamn peep from any Trump supporters* on this topic. Not a single word. You've all already made it abundantly clear how low you were willing to let your bar go on this issue, so you all need to shut up and sit down and let everyone else do the talking on this one.

*Yeah, yeah, I know, we've got one guy here who's an "independent conservative", blah, blah. The above comments still stand.

The pedo thing and the right wing is really quite amazing. I go to a few trashy Hollywood gossip sites, which are fun, but there is a strong right wing Trump contingent in the comments, and they are convinced that Hollywood is basically a massive sex abuse scheme, like the Catholic Church or something. They are *obsessed* with it, and they are particularly obsessed with trying everyone they can, especially the biggest of the biggest, to it. I guess it’s kind of a way of justifying your hatred? Or of claiming the moral high ground no matter what — kind of like screaming “baby killer” at people?

Gzus, do explain your obsession and the obsession of other independent conservatives with this subject. Surely, few of us can think of a worse thing to be. Is it because it’s necessary to explain away your congestive dissonance when you defend the indefensible (Trump)? Like, sure Trump May have assaulted dozens of women’s d raped a few more and wished he could have dated his daughter, but Joe Biden is a pedophile because I saw a picture once?

Is that how it works?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...assault-claims-republican-party-a7358686.html

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!

Stop getting your news from memes!!!

Wasn't there a story about a woman who, back in 2016, was talking about going public with her claims that Trump had raped her or something when she was a young girl, but then she got a shitton of death threats and whatnot from his supporters and that story wound up not going anywhere/essentially getting drowned out by all the other craziness in the news?

And let's not forget about the stories of Trump walking into the dressing rooms at teen pageants.

Wasn't there a story about a woman who, back in 2016, was talking about going public with her claims that Trump had raped her or something when she was a young girl, but then she got a shitton of death threats and whatnot from his supporters and that story wound up not going anywhere/essentially getting drowned out by all the other craziness in the news?

And let's not forget about the stories of Trump walking into the dressing rooms at teen pageants.

Yes. Katie Johnson. And it was related to the Epstein case.

Hey. Did you guys know that Donald Trump has been treated even worse than Lincoln? It’s true. The press is just SO MUCH meaner to him, and it’s totally unfair. So many reporters with nasty, disgraceful questions about the 10s of 1000s of dead Americans piling up.

I know this because he said this while sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial while pointing at the statue to let us know how much easier it was for Lincoln.

Poor Donnie, let's hold a Zoom pity party. Classic narcissistic perpetual victimhood. Plus it works with the base, they just love to feel sorry for him.

I was channel surfing this morning and Fox and Friends claims Ronan Farrow is working on the Tara Reade/Joe Biden story. I don't trust that show as a source, but I do trust Ronan's reporting skills. So I hope that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom