US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2020, 09:43 AM   #241
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'd love to see what the Saturday night mating ritual in the Conway household consists of.
I assume its the throwing of pots & pans and ashtrays followed by 38 seconds of wild animal sex then loud snoring.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yeah, I lived there (for the most part) until I was 18 in 1993. Younger years in Appleton, later outside Milwaukee, And came back 2 years later and went to UW Madison. Incredible town.
The state was having a nice blue streak. Madison, blue collar workers, unions, and then with Scott Walker, and Reins Pubis, and Paul Ryan, came an unleashing of corrupt dirty tricks out of the state house.
I'm afraid for 2020 election shenanigans here.
Nice!!! I work in Appleton but live in Green Bay.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #243
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I'd love to see what the Saturday night mating ritual in the Conway household consists of.
I assume its the throwing of pots & pans and ashtrays followed by 38 seconds of wild animal sex then loud snoring.

My thought is this is all a good cop bad cop type routine.

Kellyanne will need somewhere to fall after this is over and with George being on the other side it gives her someone and somewhere to land.

They’re both grifters
Old 04-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #244
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

You left out that she yells out oh Donald, then the pots and pans and ashtrays start again
Old 04-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #245
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 04-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #246
War Child

Old 04-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #247
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Objectively, a job well done with that ad.

Manipulative though.

Anyways, we should now see what Donald Trump’s many fridges look like. You fucking kidding me... how anyone can see this commercial and not wonder how Donald Trump is 100x worse is beyond me.
Of course it's manipulative. The issue is never that the Republicans are worse. Anyone who's not already a full-throated GOP voter can see that. The issue is trying to convince people that the Democrats aren't also out of touch and unable to get anything done to actually help people. And that is the thing the Democrats always have to fight against, because they refuse to stand up for anything beyond "look at the alternative!" Pelosi is the perfect avatar for portraying Democrats as smug and out-of-touch.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #248
War Child

The first time around, they could have fought, but they decided to wait for next time:

Next time comes around:

It's always the promise of the next time with the Democrats. You could criticize them as being feckless, unable to understand negotiation and leverage, but this happens far too frequently for me to believe it's not deliberate.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #249
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Absolutely, of course regarding Trump's wealth and excess. But the current Trump supporters don't even seem to view him that way at all. They seem to think he's just a plain talking tough guy who loves America and them. Standing up for the little guy.

If they actually cared about his wealth and privilege the whole delusion would be shattered. They'd have to see his narcissism too, and that ain't ever going to happen.

I think they're also trying to get Democrats who are really suffering financially during the pandemic. The ad portrays the highest profile Democrat as not giving a damn about their suffering.
Any idea as to when this interview with Pelosi happened?

For many Trump supporters his racism, sexism, anti-imigrantism etc overshadow his wealth, and narcissisim. HH
How many know he got $$$ from his dad when starting out as a relator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It's on the Democrats to run endless ads about Republican multi-millionaire Senators selling millions of bucks of their stock based on insider trading.
Hopefully this'll be part of ads post Labor Day.
Quote:
Whatever happened to that? Poof, they got away with it.
So far, anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
donald could show off his diet coke collection.

mcdonald's delivers now so there's definitely no food in there.

Quote:
You left out that she yells out oh Donald, then the pots and pans and ashtrays start again
Bwaaahahahhaaaaaaa! Thanks for that!
Old 04-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #250
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post

Is that really your only takeaway from that entire 5 minutes? I watched the whole thing and he’s cut off right after the single line you’re mocking making it feel as if it was intentional. What would you have him say?
Old 04-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #251
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's easy for a very wealthy man to say the things he said. It does create the impression of an ivory tower mentality. I really don't like what he said about domestic violence. Yeah, put up with that because at least you're not dead. That is repulsive to me.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #252
Blue Crack Addict

And yes, suicide is death
Old 04-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Trump is disgusting, the way he demeans female reporters in these briefings. Yes he demeans all reporters. But lately with his keep your voice down, nice and easy, and more to female reporters. He just did it again.

I wonder if he speaks to Melania that way.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:46 PM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

Lol Trump disagrees with Kemp.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:38 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Of course it's manipulative. The issue is never that the Republicans are worse. Anyone who's not already a full-throated GOP voter can see that. The issue is trying to convince people that the Democrats aren't also out of touch and unable to get anything done to actually help people. And that is the thing the Democrats always have to fight against, because they refuse to stand up for anything beyond "look at the alternative!" Pelosi is the perfect avatar for portraying Democrats as smug and out-of-touch.
I'm sorry but are there really on-the-fence/undecided American voters who can truly be persuaded to vote one way or the other who are going to be astonished that Nancy Pelosi is rich? Like, really?

There aren't poor people in the Senate, the Congress or the boardrooms of America. The question is really how rich they are relative to one another.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:14 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm sorry but are there really on-the-fence/undecided American voters who can truly be persuaded to vote one way or the other who are going to be astonished that Nancy Pelosi is rich? Like, really?

There aren't poor people in the Senate, the Congress or the boardrooms of America. The question is really how rich they are relative to one another.

There are people who justify their vote for republicans because they hate the democrats. Nancy Pelosi being a unlikeable as she is (and Chuck Schumer) can be drawn directly to their political smugness. Similar to Rubio Cruz, Trump, etc.

Joe Biden doesn’t have that smugness, but then again neither did Clinton really.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:26 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Some of what I've been saying about who exactly is protesting and organizing the protests.

Quote:
Lest one think this is a rudderless, organic movement of misguided privileged citizens, think again. The rallies were organized and funded by wealthy, right-wing political groups like the Tea Party Patriots, the Devos-backed Michigan Freedom Fund and the Virginia Citizens Defense League, a GOP-supporting, gun-rights organization. Wisconsin’s much-publicized protest didn’t take place in Milwaukee, where the black population has been ravaged by COVID-19. Instead, it took place in nearby Waukesha County, which is 89.5 percent white and only 1.4 percent black.

There is one other interesting fact about the Waukesha County, home to the downtrodden, huddled masses who are desperate to open up their decimated local economy:

Waukesha County is the wealthiest county in Wisconsin.
https://www.theroot.com/open-the-eco...ter-1842987034
Old 04-22-2020, 10:28 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
There are people who justify their vote for republicans because they hate the democrats. Nancy Pelosi being a unlikeable as she is (and Chuck Schumer) can be drawn directly to their political smugness. Similar to Rubio Cruz, Trump, etc.

Joe Biden doesn’t have that smugness, but then again neither did Clinton really.
As you said, those people hate the Democrats, and are therefore not voting for them.

What "undecided" (because really, we just don't know enough at this point to make an informed choice about Donald Trump) voters will be swayed by Nancy's fridge?
Old 04-22-2020, 10:40 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
As you said, those people hate the Democrats, and are therefore not voting for them.

What "undecided" (because really, we just don't know enough at this point to make an informed choice about Donald Trump) voters will be swayed by Nancy's fridge?

Some of them will vote for a Joe Biden who says Chinese virus and criticizes Trump for being weak on China, because Joe is a strong man and dont you forget it.

It’s all a game lol
Old 04-23-2020, 01:15 AM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:06 AM
https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status...85110066466818

New @FoxNews
state polls out tonight:

Michigan
Biden 49%, Trump 41%

Pennsylvania
Biden 50%, Trump 42%