US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another reason he has and continues to screw us all. The outgoing Obama team literally ran the incoming Trump team through a hypothetical Pandemic drill back in 2017. But Trump doesn't want to learn anything..

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1241863930344927233

"I don't think I'm going to learn much."

Perhaps the most honest thing he's said during his entire time in office (or hell, his life in general).

he's raised over two million dollars and counting specifically for covid-19 relief through his campaign, but sure go off.

But showing up to make sure an amount 800,000 times as much gets appropriated well is then not important enough?

Is his job a US senator or a failed presidential campaigner ??

Is his job a US senator or a failed presidential campaigner ??

Do you not think he was aware that the senate democrats would block it with or without him?

The less 80 year olds we have swarming in the cesspool of covid Congress, the better. Trump should craft up an emergency executive Roger stating remote senate voting is appropriate during a national state of emergency.

Fucking terrible example they’re setting.

While their gym, dining room and pool are open the rest of us are trying to save society.

Total failure of leadership.

No, the gym was closed.

Rand Paul is just a asshole

And i said my opinion on Bernie. But also note the Bros have been hammering Biden for “disappearing”. Joe’s job right now is providing leadership that’s severely lacking. And staying healthy

Bernie should take whatever precautions he can regarding his job, but he should still perform his duties (assuming he really didn’t want to risk health by voting)

Looks like Trump is going to push for people going back to work.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1242061173958246402?s=21

why does anybody still give a single flying fuck about what "the Bros" are saying on twitter?? this is like borderline pathological with some of you here at this point.

god forbid he should be prepping for an online fundraising event instead of risking his life wading into a petri dish to cast a pointless vote against a bill that was going to fail anyways. joe biden's job is "staying healthy" but sanders is an egotistical asshole and "all talk. literally" for not congregating in a large group of old people against the advice of every sane medical expert out there. okay then :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One would think that someone who yells and yells about billionaires and corporations would make it a point to show up to vote against McConnell and the GOP's bill yesterday.

i really think those of you railing against a 78 year old man for not literally risking his health/life to go and cast a pointless vote are being huge assholes.

any responsible person would never in a million years encourage their grandfather with a bad heart to go into that situation and it's really, really shitty to attack sanders for not ignoring medical advice and attending congress, almost guaranteeing he'll catch an illness that has a high risk of killing him, to cast what amounts to a symbolic vote.

Yes let's give Bernie a break. He's doing the responsible thing for himself and for his family, don't know how anyone can find fault with that. He has kids and grandkids and a wife. I haven't been staying in touch with what either Joe or Bernie are doing.

i really think those of you railing against a 78 year old man for not literally risking his health/life to go and cast a pointless vote are being huge assholes.

any responsible person would never in a million years encourage their grandfather with a bad heart to go into that situation and it's really, really shitty to attack sanders for not ignoring medical advice and attending congress, almost guaranteeing he'll catch an illness that has a high risk of killing him, to cast what amounts to a symbolic vote.
One would think that if this was the point he was trying to make by no showing that he would, ya know, make a point of it.

Nah, we're just being huge assholes.

so now he's at fault for not making a big dog and pony show out of not voting? lol he literally can't win with you guys. if he went and voted i'm sure people would be in here railing on him as irresponsible and reckless and "all about himself" for gathering in public with exposed people.

yes, those of you who are giving him shit for this absolutely are being huge assholes.

Last edited:
be mad at the senate's archaic rules that don't allow any remote voting in fucking 2020, don't be mad at the guy who chose not to risk his health just to make a point.

There really needs to be a way for remote voting for Congress. Not to be used willy-nilly so Richard Blumenthal can vote from Aruba or Ted Cruz can cast his votes from a Dallas gentleman's club every Friday, but for situations just like we are currently facing as well as any other emergencies/disasters.

be mad at the senate's archaic rules that don't allow any remote voting in fucking 2020, don't be mad at the guy who chose not to risk his health just to make a point.

This. It’s... awkward (at best) to point to this as a “see???” moment against Bernie.

Yes it is archaic that they don't have remote voting. I hope they don't start coming down with the virus in large numbers.

Bernie needs to take care of his health. He has integrity in my eyes, don't see this situation as any sort of appropriate test of that.

so now he's at fault for not making a big dog and pony show out of not voting? lol he literally can't win with you guys. if he went and voted i'm sure people would be in here railing on him as irresponsible and reckless and "all about himself" for gathering in public with exposed people.

yes, those of you who are giving him shit for this absolutely are being huge assholes.
If this was a U2 related discussion about Stand Up Comedy, you'd be the blind sheep who would proclaim it as the best U2 rocker ever!!!!111 Sure, call us assholes, but it goes both ways. We're allowed to be critical of Bernie if we want. It doesn't make us assholes. In fact, you're the one that flips out everytime and then reverts to victim mode the minute someone has enough of you and gets a little aggressive.

criticizing bernie doesn't make you an asshole.

criticizing anybody (particularly a high-risk individual in already-shaky health) in a time of a global pandemic for putting their health first over scoring a political point makes you an asshole.

you would do everything you could to prevent one of your grandparents or parents from going into that kind of situation in a million years if you care about them at all. if some random insisted that them not going into that situation made them a hypocrite, you'd rightfully call that person an asshole.

so no, this is not a knock on bernie's character or integrity no matter how desperately you obviously wish that to be the case. this is just you being an asshole.

Last edited:
criticizing bernie doesn't make you an asshole.

criticizing anybody (particularly a high-risk individual in already-shaky health) in a time of a global pandemic for putting their health first over scoring a political point makes you an asshole.

you wouldn't let your grandfather or father go into that situation in a million years if you care about them at all. so no, this is not a knock on bernie's character or integrity no matter how desperately you and headache obviously wish that to be the case.
I think maybe you should take a step back and read your own posts, and then decide if you still think it's wise to assign maturity levels to other people's posts.

Nothing but respect to you. I wouldn't want your position in having to remain neutral in modding a political thread. Just only asking to maybe look in the direction of the guy calling everyone and asshole for having a different opinion. Kind of creates hostility especially in uncertain times. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom