US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After this is all over, when there is a vaccine and the world slowly normalizes, Americans are going to have to take a long hard look at who the hell they are voting for.

Even now, go on any conservative blog, forum, Reddit etc - they are all brainwashed, they think this is invented, their personal freedom is under attack from the deep state, the democrats are the enemy etc. I simply don’t see how the country can continue to function as a single entity with this type of disparity of belief and behaviour. Just wait until the red states are hit hard - Florida will be decimated by this thing.

After this is all over, when there is a vaccine and the world slowly normalizes, Americans are going to have to take a long hard look at who the hell they are voting for.

Even now, go on any conservative blog, forum, Reddit etc - they are all brainwashed, they think this is invented, their personal freedom is under attack from the deep state, the democrats are the enemy etc. I simply don’t see how the country can continue to function as a single entity with this type of disparity of belief and behaviour. Just wait until the red states are hit hard - Florida will be decimated by this thing.

Florida is as purple of a state as they come.

Yeah so are the far left- They are just as bad

The Gov and both senators are GOP

Little closer in the house GOP 14 to 13

The GOP controls the state house as well That's pretty Red

I think you’re trying to quote me.

Anyways.

The governor and senate races were 50-50 races. One was decided by like 1000 votes. That’s not “pretty red.” It’s red right now, like America is.

I think you’re trying to quote me.

Anyways.

The governor and senate races were 50-50 races. One was decided by like 1000 votes. That’s not “pretty red.” It’s red right now, like America is.

True, very true

But the GOP always seems to pull out the win in Florida.

I'm curious wasn't Hillary up on Trump in Florida in the polls at this time in 2016?

True, very true

But the GOP always seems to pull out the win in Florida.

I'm curious wasn't Hillary up on Trump in Florida in the polls at this time in 2016?

It was neck and neck but she was up yeah. However, there were polls with him up too.

The democrats came through for both Obama terms. Our governors aren’t blue because I mean go look at the history there. Jeb was popular. Crist was not, and ended up being a republican turned democrat on the ticket. It ushered in Scott.

It was neck and neck but she was up yeah. However, there were polls with him up too.

The democrats came through for both Obama terms. Our governors aren’t blue because I mean go look at the history there. Jeb was popular. Crist was not, and ended up being a republican turned democrat on the ticket. It ushered in Scott.

I really used to like Crist- I used some quotes and examples from him in a paper I was writing for Masters (I got my Masters later in life), mid 30's) any way It was about change management and how to forcing change upon an entrenched paradigm - I used Crist and Arnold is an example of GOP Govs pushing for a green economy through the use of sheer capitalism to get an altruistic gain.

My point is Crist was a good Gov, I think from an outsiders perspective at least. But I don't know the opinion of native floridians

I really used to like Crist- I used some quotes and examples from him in a paper I was writing for Masters (I got my Masters later in life), mid 30's) any way It was about change management and how to forcing change upon an entrenched paradigm - I used Crist and Arnold is an example of GOP Govs pushing for a green economy through the use of sheer capitalism to get an altruistic gain.

My point is Crist was a good Gov, I think from an outsiders perspective at least. But I don't know the opinion of native floridians

The Democratic Party of Florida always makes the classical play back to the center, whereas the republicans do not. The democrats have faced so many failures because they keep doing this.

Crist was a failure, regardless of what you’re saying. Think about it... what kind of governor gets booted from his own party and attempts to re-emerge in the other party? Don’t you think that sank his chances against Scott? It really didn’t attract left people to get out and vote for him.

The same can be said about Bill Nelson. A relic of a southern democrat. A dried up burlap sack, who is a textbook politician through and through. What person from the left was dying to get out and support him?

They did the same thing with Patrick Murphy. They pushed out all sorts of progressives to get him up there for senate, and that was a disaster. Former republican.

Andrew Gillum was the first time in a long time that a progressive candidate was selected. That position in Florida is absolutely traditionally red, like in most purple states. Over twice the amount of voters came out for 2018 versus 2014. The margin was close in 2014 too, but maybe twice as close.

Also, much like in sports, Florida is a fair-weather state. Also, even though technically “from New York,” Florida is Trump’s home state 100x over. All of his type of New Yorker naturally gravitate to Florida. Real estate blah blah blah. That’s why mar a lago is a thing. His presence, his blessing for candidates, etc all matter.

Also Charlie Crist once threw me beads at St. Pete Pride, so if you’re a fan, I think he’s into me. [emoji14]

The Democratic Party of Florida always makes the classical play back to the center, whereas the republicans do not. The democrats have faced so many failures because they keep doing this.

Crist was a failure, regardless of what you’re saying. Think about it... what kind of governor gets booted from his own party and attempts to re-emerge in the other party? Don’t you think that sank his chances against Scott? It really didn’t attract left people to get out and vote for him.

The same can be said about Bill Nelson. A relic of a southern democrat. A dried up burlap sack, who is a textbook politician through and through. What person from the left was dying to get out and support him?

They did the same thing with Patrick Murphy. They pushed out all sorts of progressives to get him up there for senate, and that was a disaster. Former republican.

Andrew Gillum was the first time in a long time that a progressive candidate was selected. That position in Florida is absolutely traditionally red, like in most purple states. Over twice the amount of voters came out for 2018 versus 2014. The margin was close in 2014 too, but maybe twice as close.

Also, much like in sports, Florida is a fair-weather state. Also, even though technically “from New York,” Florida is Trump’s home state 100x over. All of his type of New Yorker naturally gravitate to Florida. Real estate blah blah blah. That’s why mar a lago is a thing. His presence, his blessing for candidates, etc all matter.

Also Charlie Crist once threw me beads at St. Pete Pride, so if you’re a fan, I think he’s into me. [emoji14]

I didn't say it was a good paper :)

For the record I don’t hate Charlie Crist. I personally think his exile from his own party was a function of a slimy politician looking at himself in the mirror and saying “I can’t do this.” I think inside he’s a good guy who really has let wealth and power mildly “corrupt” him if you will. Not in a politically corrupt sense. But I genuinely think he’s an example of someone who let his political ambitions falter because he couldn’t do that whole tea party thing, which was the slippery slope to Trumpism. He couldn’t oppose things like gay marriage, or deny climate change. Those are things that you’ll notice that Ron DeSantis immediately pivoted to the middle on when successfully elected, because Floridians tend to be content with a selfish “but how is my bank account?” politician who doesn’t raise social issues.

That point I make is really the key though. Republicans tend to have the fiscal image, so there’s definitely a mild gubernatorial benefit for them. And it’s why the Dem party will pivot to the middle in Florida, sort of foolishly, because partisanship/tribalism is so high right now that they’ll never “seem” economically more interesting, just based upon branding alone.

Anyways, I’m not trying to ram my views on Florida’s politics down your throat. Just have nothing better to do holed up here hahah.

For the record I don’t hate Charlie Crist. I personally think his exile from his own party was a function of a slimy politician looking at himself in the mirror and saying “I can’t do this.” I think inside he’s a good guy who really has let wealth and power mildly “corrupt” him if you will. Not in a politically corrupt sense. But I genuinely think he’s an example of someone who let his political ambitions falter because he couldn’t do that whole tea party thing, which was the slippery slope to Trumpism. He couldn’t oppose things like gay marriage, or deny climate change. Those are things that you’ll notice that Ron DeSantis immediately pivoted to the middle on when successfully elected, because Floridians tend to be content with a selfish “but how is my bank account?” politician who doesn’t raise social issues.

That point I make is really the key though. Republicans tend to have the fiscal image, so there’s definitely a mild gubernatorial benefit for them. And it’s why the Dem party will pivot to the middle in Florida, sort of foolishly, because partisanship/tribalism is so high right now that they’ll never “seem” economically more interesting, just based upon branding alone.

Anyways, I’m not trying to ram my views on Florida’s politics down your throat. Just have nothing better to do holed up here hahah.

You and me both Brother-- Hopefully you are near a beach were hopefully you can talk a walk and still have social distancing. We cant even take a good walk here it was snowing this morning.

You and me both Brother-- Hopefully you are near a beach were hopefully you can talk a walk and still have social distancing. We cant even take a good walk here it was snowing this morning.

Nope, I live in the DC metro area now. Glad my apartment is nice, because I won’t be going out very often.

Gotta love that billionaire selective Christianity. Just grotesque.

Jesus :
Do not put worldly belongings before taking care of those less fortunate. Its easier for camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to enter the kingdom of heaven.

You eat the fat, you clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat ones, but you do not feed the sheep. The weak you have not strengthened, the sick you have not healed, the injured you have not bound up, the strayed you have not brought back, the lost you have not sought, and with force and harshness you have ruled them

Hobby Lobby.
We cut your hours so you aren't eligible for benefits, we don't care if you or your family is sick, we must keepeth our doors open because JEEEESUS, Yes JEEEEESUS wants our multi-billion dollar business to thrive, and for our private jet, not to runneth low on fuel. AMEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom