US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a lawyer, but if you're in the US I would start by calling your state's dedicated phone number for coronavirus help. If they have one. They could perhaps give you numbers to call.

That's tough though because they're swamped with calls. I had an issue and couldn't even get a call back from that number. So I called my Congressional rep's local office. They did call me back with an answer. They're working from home.

Also try your Governor's office, all their phone numbers. I called mine this morning, their 800 number. A person answered after a few rings. It depends upon how busy they are, but keep trying.

Would also call your state's Dept of Labor and Atty General's office.

Thank you SO much. Looking at the GOP relief check thing. It looks like I probably will get nothing from that. Even though our income is now below the 75k, I'm sure they go on last year's income tax numbers. So yeah. screwed there.

But I will definitely make calls to those you suggested. I really appreciate it.

Until this crisis, Trump has paid no real price for his constant, pathological mendacity. Before politics, the man had spent his entire career in a business where, evidently, there was no accountability for inveterate lying.

But for this crisis there is accountability. And instead of leading, Donald Trump’s focus has been where it always has been – on Donald Trump. “I give myself a ten out of ten.” “We are very close to a vaccine.” “I don’t take responsibility at all.” “Anybody who needs a test can get a test. And the tests are perfect. Like the letter was perfect. The transcript was perfect.”

Of course, no leader could have prevented the devastation that this virus has and will continue to exact. But because Trump’s focus has been on himself, his reelection, and his fragile self-image, our federal government squandered our most valuable commodity. And the amount of suffering which that lost time will cost our nation is as tragic as it is unknowable.

Trump will not step away. He will continue to take the stage and our focus – but he will not be able to claim the credibility he never earned. We are left to proceed despite our president and find the leadership we need elsewhere. From governors and mayors and other civil servants. From health care professionals and scientists and economists. From community leaders and each other.

It is time for each of us to step up and fill the vacuum at the top – first by staying home. And for those fortunate enough to weather this storm financially – to help those who cannot.

Lest we forget Trump’s Houdini-like ability to escape the traps he’s set for himself, it is also time for us to commit to his defeat in November. For now, find a way to do that from home. But when it’s time to come out into the light, it must be our collective mission to make this godawful human being pay the price for every lie he has ever uttered.

https://alfranken.com/read/the-last...XCiQpEJXuDEhrjlQVvhQG510cSAydiZ2UECeYi4GtqFbg

this one is a lot less clear-cut as the others.

Agreed.

The SEC needs to look at all of these + the WH aides + Trump family members not obligated to publicly disclose. Immediately.

Genuine question: has the presumptive nominee for president for the Democratic Party made a public appearance since the debate? I am including streaming video addresses to the masses in this, since we're obviously quarantining.

If Bernie tweeted the same thing, you'd be drooling all over how he's stopping the billionaires.
If Biden said "No company should be bailed out unless they meet the following demands:" maybe that would be something! At least Warren understands that. Biden doesn't give a shit.

If Biden said "No company should be bailed out unless they meet the following demands:" maybe that would be something! At least Warren understands that. Biden doesn't give a shit.

Glad you're letting your preconceived notions continue to make blanket assumptions about Biden's actual feelings on things. You've enriched us all with your comments.

Right now Biden can only make statements of what he would like to see done. Sanders and Warren somewhat the same, but they are actually in the Senate, so they could be working legislatively as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom