US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that Canada will follow suit and ban the Europeans too. Otherwise Trump will close down our border.

That is a bold move, it's sad but I think it's the right decision. They talked about playing without fans but now that a player has it it just changes things exponentially. Just a sad season for the NBA.

My guess is that Canada will follow suit and ban the Europeans too. Otherwise Trump will close down our border.

We can only hope. The biggest danger for Canada is the US right now. Though frankly it's likely too little too late. I think this is much more widespread than we know.

when there's smoke coming from your house, banning matches is not the right thing to do.

I’m talking about the package Donald Trump laid out, with (some of) his rhetoric.

He actually went on tv and told old people to stay home. He told employers to let people telework if possible. He talked about propping up threatened small businesses. Most importantly, he went on tv and actually caved into his job, so his legion of nut job loyalists won’t go around intentionally shaking peoples’ hands.

Jesus Christ fucking guys get over the fact that he threw in his typical asshole comments.

so he read off a teleprompter a speech that someone else wrote about a plan that someone else put together, and he didn't shit his pants. good for him.

so he read off a teleprompter a speech that someone else wrote about a plan that someone else put together, and he didn't shit his pants. good for him.

Dude I’m not sitting here hailing him the new king of America.

If you didn’t let a sign of relief out from that speech I don’t know what to say. This is a public health crisis and those words are enough to change my fucking parents minds (HEALTH PROFESSIONALS MIND YOU) who just a few hours ago were saying “die from the flu and it’s no big deal, die from coronavirus and you are famous... 20,000 vs 30.” You know, 70 year olds with compromised immune systems.

:shrug: we've been hearing that common-sense stuff up here everywhere for weeks now so maybe i'm just not able to see the effect from here.

Nah, he might think that the 'foreign virus' does not apply to Canada. Plus, Canada is friends with the UK as well, so no need for a ban. :rolleyes:

As just mentioned on CNN Trump never mentioned testing. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are filming in Australia. Had symptoms, were tested, are hopefully recovering. Of course the response of some people will be that it's because they're rich and famous. But I'd guess perhaps Australia has better access to testing?

Can't vouch for how good it is compared to other comparable places, but we do have decent universal healthcare and we've had testing opportunities available to us where you don't even have to get out of your car.

Just speechless about this one

TheHill.com

The country's top immigration judge issued and then reversed an order for immigration courts to take down coronavirus public service announcement posters issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Miami Herald reported.

The initial order, issued Monday by acting Chief Immigration Judge Christopher Santoro in an email to judges and staff, reportedly read in part, "Per our leadership, the CDC flyer is not authorized for posting in the immigration courts. If you see one (attached), please remove it. Thank you."

The flyers explain, in English and Spanish, the proper CDC-approved procedures to minimize microbial contamination.

Immigration judges are employees of the Department of Justice (DOJ) through the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR).

According to the Herald, a DOJ spokesman contacted the newspaper four hours after the story's publication to say, "the signs shouldn't have been removed. It's now being rectified."

EOIR did not immediately return a request for comment on this story.

The National Association of Immigration Judges (NAIJ) - the union that represents immigration judges - took to Twitter Monday to denounce the EOIR action.

The NAIJ Twitter account said the association "had recommended to immigration judges that they post in courthouses the English and Spanish language versions of the CDC's 'Stop the Spread of Germs' and 'Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019' posters."

The order, and its rescission, comes in the wake of complaints from Democrats and immigration activists that Trump administration immigration policies could increase the risk for transmission of infectious disease, including coronavirus

This coronavirus has exposed the fraud that Trump is and the total and abject failure of leadership. And not just in the US but many places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom