US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. fairly stunning change. Shows Biden's wide range of support. White working class, African American voters, women with college, suburban voters, moderate Repubs, etc...

I think the best way to interpret Biden’s widespread support in Michigan is that people just want to go back to normal.

I think the best way to interpret Biden’s widespread support in Michigan is that people just want to go back to normal.

Yeah. There is this thing that Trump has brought to this race and the country in general.

People want him gone. People want someone they know and trust. When I saw exit polls today with Biden up 30 points on the question of who do you trust to handle a crisis. I knew that it was not going to be a good night for Bernie.

And it didn't help Sanders that he was going up against all that, plus another candidate that is eating his lunch with white working class voters.

Phase 1: Normalize
Phase 2: Focus on progressive ideas.

I don’t know that shipping Phase 1 was ever feasible

Here's an example of why I think Biden will do well in November.

Livingston Co. Michigan.
Suburb of Detroit

2016 Sanders won 59 to 38
2020 Biden wins 52 to 35

A 40 point swing

Turnout? An increase of over 50%

This was the key to 2018 and will be in 2020. Hopefully up and down the ballot

pretty sad to say it, but it's probably time for bernie to drop out. let the party start working on beating trump.

Yeah, one wonders if he will want to stay around for the audienceless debate next week...

This is all so crazy. To think less than 2 weeks ago the headlilnes were that Biden may be in trouble in SC. It's just... crazy. Definitely a totally unique election, driven by Trump and all he has brought these past 3 years. And caronavirus didn't help either.

I am getting the sense from everyone I talk to that this COVID-19 bungling is the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. That even people who didn’t hate Trump like some of us do are so sick of him that they just want him gone, never to be seen again.

And that’s exactly what happens to reality tv stars. His gig is up.

So much so that turnout is crazy high for a senile old man running on status quo.

This could be a total bloodbath in November.

YrCQ9bt.png

and that was frozen before today's vote.

Last edited:
Yeah, one wonders if he will want to stay around for the audienceless debate next week...

TONIGHT on CNN...the democratic presidential primary debate...WHO WILL WIN THE NOMINATION

BIDEN

VERSUS

GABBARD

STAY TUNED for tonight's SHOWDOWN!

for the love of god please stay tuned

Last edited:
I will absolutely not vote for Joe Biden in the general election. Frankly, I think it is immoral to do so. I suppose I will be leaving president blank unless Sanders can bounce things back after Biden has to debate him one-on-one.

Joe Biden has a long history of racism, sexism, xenophobia and warmongering, homophobia, classism and a love of Wall Street/big banks/credit card companies, and is clearly in the early to mid stages of dementia. He is by most definitions right of center on a variety of issues. I don't trust him, and I can't vote for him.

Barring a turnaround, here's one more 29-year-old swing state voter that the Democrats have lost. I will be leaving the Democratic Party one day after the Pennsylvania primary and devote my remaining political energy to helping actual leftists win in various local elections.

Fuck neoliberals to hell.

I will also say it's amusing to me how much people pretend to give a shit about voter suppression tactics right up until the moment they are used by creating long ass lines consistently at university polling stations and in areas polling well for Sanders. Turns out none of them give a fuck! Just like how when they had a supermajority in 2009 they did absolutely nothing on any of this fronts and opened the floodgates for gerrymandering and further voter suppression after the 2010 census. It's all a fucking game and a grift.

I will absolutely not vote for Joe Biden in the general election. Frankly, I think it is immoral to do so. I suppose I will be leaving president blank unless Sanders can bounce things back after Biden has to debate him one-on-one.

Joe Biden has a long history of racism, sexism, xenophobia and warmongering, homophobia, classism and a love of Wall Street/big banks/credit card companies, and is clearly in the early to mid stages of dementia. He is by most definitions right of center on a variety of issues. I don't trust him, and I can't vote for him.

Barring a turnaround, here's one more 29-year-old swing state voter that the Democrats have lost. I will be leaving the Democratic Party one day after the Pennsylvania primary and devote my remaining political energy to helping actual leftists win in various local elections.

Fuck neoliberals to hell.

i totally understand the feeling of defeat right now. but throwing your hands up and quitting the process entirely is as good as a vote for trump, which is unquestionably more immoral than voting for biden. as you live in a swing state, i hope you consider the damage that four more years of a trumpist government will do to our POC and LGBTQ+ friends of the movement that sanders has started. i honestly wouldn't want to vote for biden either but (if i had a vote) i couldn't in good conscience sit on the sidelines and let trump win another term.

Not worth a response.

From exit polls, it Looks like WA that Sanders won by 48 points, will go to Biden, and maybe not by a little.

i totally understand the feeling of defeat right now. but throwing your hands up and quitting the process entirely is as good as a vote for trump, which is unquestionably more immoral than voting for biden. as you live in a swing state, i hope you consider the damage that four more years of a trumpist government will do to our POC and LGBTQ+ friends of the movement that sanders has started. i honestly wouldn't want to vote for biden either but (if i had a vote) i couldn't in good conscience sit on the sidelines and let trump win another term.
Joe Biden would dump all of these things in a heartbeat to make a deal with Republicans to increase funding for Romneycare by a couple of million dollars. I do not trust him or believe him when he says he's on the side of vulnerable people, and he has a decades-long track record to prove that.

Basically any argument in Joe Biden's favor is one I can refute by pointing to his own words and actions. The man has not, cannot, and will not earn my vote. I don't trust him to be a leader or stand for the things I value and the people who need help the most.

We've had plenty of disagreements DaveC. But thank you for this response, I have to say that this is what I think 99% of Sanders supporters will get to. There is no bigger threat to our country, and frankly, the world order, than to do anything to help Trump. I would vote for Gabbard over Trump. I wouldn't like it, it would worry me, but I would do it.

Joe Biden would dump all of these things in a heartbeat to make a deal with Republicans to increase funding for Romneycare by a couple of million dollars. I do not trust him or believe him when he says he's on the side of vulnerable people, and he has a decades-long track record to prove that.

Basically any argument in Joe Biden's favor is one I can refute by pointing to his own words and actions. The man has not, cannot, and will not earn my vote. I don't trust him to be a leader or stand for the things I value and the people who need help the most.

You trust him less than Trump? You think his choice for supreme court and federal judges will be worse than Trump? I get being pissed and disappointing. Hell, we all lived 2016 . But sit with it for a while. and Think about the judicial branch and go from there.
I hope you change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom