US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo....

If the polls are anywhere near true. What do you guys think will happen in Idaho and Nebraska? It would be unthinkable that Sanders lose these a few days ago. But now? I'm guessing Bernie edges them out somewhere in the 5-8 point range. But again, being cautious.

Also, if tomorrow is a real blowout. Bernie is gonna go off the rails at the next debate.
If tomorrow is a real blowout, why are we having a debate next week?

If tomorrow is a real blowout, why are we having a debate next week?

Because if either of these two old men who gather massive crowds get coronavirus, you better start liking what the other one was saying.

Or technically if they both get it, you can just accept the last standing candidate, Tulsi Gabbard.

I didn't think he'd be a good president but I figured he didn't want the job and would fuck off to the golf course (correct) or basically be like a figurehead who would go schmoozing and hold an inordinate number of state dinners and other events both at the WH and Mar-a-Lago while a competent/profession, though probably evil staff (think Dick Cheney types) would run the place.

Now I know how naive and stupid that was.
Yea, I think a lot of people thought that. I think a lot of people who voted for him thought that. Not the loon squad true believers who think Hillary Clinton was hiding a massive pedophilia ring and that JFK Jr. is totally still alive and will save us all - but it took more than the Ping Pong Pizza Brigade to actually put him in office.

I feel like I've been fairly consistent with how much of a disaster this guy would be - but I definitely underestimated the indifference of the GOP - specifically the Senate. I figured Pence was put in place to stabilize things when Trump inevitably went off the rails. But when the inevitable happened, they all just played along.

At some point our nation will have to reckon with the entire idea that a large portion of our population voted for a TV character.

Because if either of these two old men who gather massive crowds get coronavirus, you better start liking what the other one was saying.

Or technically if they both get it, you can just accept the last standing candidate, Tulsi Gabbard.
I'm not sure if you're kidding or serious so I'll just post this

giphy.gif

Assume Tulsi already smuggled the virus out of Russia in a vile and has already sprinkled it on the debate podiums.

During my time as an active military member, I was the only candidate who wasn’t susceptible to the coronavirus! Down with the democratic establishment, Fox News!

Assume the numbers hold up

Does Bernie fight all the way to convention ?

Assume the numbers hold up

Does Bernie fight all the way to convention ?

I was wondering that. I kinda think it will be different this time. If it's REALLY bad for him by the 17 (after FL) I think it's possible that he drops. The last time he was closer, and had states that he could claim small victories in. And he knew he could run again next time, so he wanted to get to the convention to get the DNC to make changes for the the next run. This time not so much. If he stays in this time IF he's way behind. God. It will just be ridiculous and sad.

I was wondering that. I kinda think it will be different this time. If it's REALLY bad for him by the 17 (after FL) I think it's possible that he drops. The last time he was closer, and had states that he could claim small victories in. And he knew he could run again next time, so he wanted to get to the convention to get the DNC to make changes for the the next run. This time not so much. If he stays in this time IF he's way behind. God. It will just be ridiculous and sad.

He won’t. I really believe that. And his heart will give him an excuse as well.

I think he will. He hasn't changed a single way he's approached anything. Why would this be his line in the sand?

The only caveat here is that he reversed his position and said that the person with the most delegates when they get to the convention should win. He obviously thought that would be him a few weeks ago.

The only caveat here is that he reversed his position and said that the person with the most delegates when they get to the convention should win. He obviously thought that would be him a few weeks ago.

I would bet he will honor this, but he definitely caveated his statement to include superdelegates didn’t he? Not that he would win those. But that does indicate he would want to play it all the way to the convention.

Given their current campaign routines (and that could change), what are the odds one of the three old men catches COVID-19?

Trump is surely pushing it, but I suspect he has secret service secretly bleach his hands afterwards and always has (offense). Joe Biden is probably smart enough to follow protocol (defense). Bernie Sanders probably is too grumpy to shake his supporters hands in the first place (intimidation).

New PA poll

Biden - 59
Sanders - 38

And it looks like 538 answered my idaho and North Dakota question.

Right now, they have Idaho at Biden - 47, Sanders - 43
and North Dakota at Biden - 48, Sanders - 41

Washington remains within the margin of error with Biden at +3

So there is an outside chance that Bernie doesn't win any states tomorrow. Splitting delegates in WA, ID, and ND, and Biden getting most of MI and MO, and almost all of the delegates in MS.

Last edited:
Trump is surely pushing it, but I suspect he has secret service secretly bleach his hands afterwards and always has (offense). Joe Biden is probably smart enough to follow protocol (defense). Bernie Sanders probably is too grumpy to shake his supporters hands in the first place (intimidation).

Offense, defense, and intimidation.

It's March Madness !

(Do your bracket research on all those mandated telework days)

It’s exceptionally frustrating to watch this nonsense twitter war. It’s 2020, so you can look up this nobody and find who he is and make news about it. News that isn’t newsworthy. Why the fuck should Bernie Sanders have to address this guy? His average views are like 30,000. Clearly some of them are angry opposition. Now the angry opposition is using that against Sanders.

It’s exceptionally frustrating to watch this nonsense twitter war. It’s 2020, so you can look up this nobody and find who he is and make news about it. News that isn’t newsworthy. Why the fuck should Bernie Sanders have to address this guy? His average views are like 30,000. Clearly some of them are angry opposition. Now the angry opposition is using that against Sanders.

I think the good thing out of all this is that it shows the absolute irrelevance of Twitter, at least in the primary this time around. Maybe this translates to the general. I hope. It seems that Hillary was a lighting rod, that people would believe anything about, which made the Twitter manipulation workable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom