US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is surely pushing it, but I suspect he has secret service secretly bleach his hands afterwards and always has (offense). Joe Biden is probably smart enough to follow protocol (defense). Bernie Sanders probably is too grumpy to shake his supporters hands in the first place (intimidation).
:lol:
Nicely observed.
I’m very curious how voters begin to think about healthcare the bigger this outbreak gets.

Do voters inherently vote with their heart on Sanders the more worried they get, or do they genuinely get more scared of him in the sense that “government is inefficient.”
:hmm:

Well, Trump's gov't is inefficient right now on Covid19 (plus all their other terrible things)!
Otoh, people ate generally positive about Medicare and that's gov't run.

Well, its too little too late now.
Trump has been slashing budgets on government agencies for years now that would have been far more prepared for this happening. He sat for a month trying to figure out the best way to lie to the public about this, and continues to do so.

I think if any president other than this one had been in office, we would be in a better place, or at least more assured about what's happening.

And yes, it is worldwide, and a president can't stop that. But the public wants someone overall, big picture, that they can trust, and is comforting and experienced. Trump is none of these.
This.

Sounds like black and liberal people to me, not sure his voters will see the urgency.
I was getting this as a nascent thought just s0before I saw your post. :sigh:

The country will have so many issues come January 2021 that nothing will get done besides trying to keep the country afloat.

The next president (assuming it’s not trump) is just a stop gap.

Posted because there is always a tweet for everything. But mostly for Dow JOANS lmao

View attachment 12426

Unfortunately I think this one was debunked as being a fake last week when the market had its first of several 1,000+ point losses.

He's an idiot but the person who perpetrated this fraud took it too far with "Joans", he's not really that stupid.

Yeah, I think there's a big difference between saying he would sign M4A without any context, and making it sound like he would just veto it outright.

This of course is already being jumped on by the media saying that Biden said "he would veto Medicare for All, if he were president".
I think Biden was trying to get across that if there was a bill that got through the houses, he still would have to weigh the cost/benefit of it, and how it effected the rest of the budget for everything else. Not so easy to just say, sure, we'll double the federal budget, no problem.

But a better answer from Biden would have been, If it was an M4A plan that where the numbers made sense and it was an overall cost benefit to middle and working class people, I would sign it. Full stop.

He has to do better on answers like this. Getting into the weeds and trying to hash out hypotheticals is never a winning answer.

Ok. Place your mini super Tuesday bets...

Washington - Biden by 2 points
Idaho - Sanders by 1 point
North Dakotoa - Biden by 4 points
Michigan - Biden by 12
Missouri - Biden by 26
Mississippi- Biden by 57

Unfortunately I think this one was debunked as being a fake last week when the market had its first of several 1,000+ point losses.

He's an idiot but the person who perpetrated this fraud took it too far with "Joans", he's not really that stupid.

He's not? Want to place a bet on that?:D

I'm disappointed that's fake. It's still funny though, kudos to the person who made it. The scary thing to me is that I could see that as a legit tweet from him.

That one did make me laugh out loud.
If the creator had toned it down a little I am sure no one would have questioned it.

Tweets, memes are pretty-much worthless.

Bloomberg thought he could become president paying 'influencers" to tweet and post about him. Not to mention the hundreds of millions he spent on TV ads, print and billboards, etc.

Biden spent next to nothing in many Super Tuesday states and still won easily.

What this should illustrate is that voters know enough about the candidates do decide for themselves ,and really are easily influenced. Unless your isolated on some islands in the ocean.

He's not? Want to place a bet on that?:D

I'm disappointed that's fake. It's still funny though, kudos to the person who made it. The scary thing to me is that I could see that as a legit tweet from him.

I recall many W detractors ready to believe any negative thing about W ( I may have been in that group sometimes)

I also recall many Obama detractors ready to believe any negative thing about Obama

so, I am not surprised many will believe any negative thing about Trump, even members of the media and press get ahead of themselves
because I lived in a CA until 2019 and I now live in UT, I know my vote will not be a swing vote, I don't get overly worked up about these elections anymore.

so much of the 'information' people are consuming these days is far from objective. All people seem to want is their own bias confirmed.

btw, I enjoyed your response, made me lol, too.

Last edited:
That one did make me laugh out loud.

If the creator had toned it down a little I am sure no one would have questioned it.

Tweets, memes are pretty-much worthless.

Bloomberg thought he could become president paying 'influencers" to tweet and post about him. Not to mention the hundreds of millions he spent on TV ads, print and billboards, etc.

Biden spent next to nothing in many Super Tuesday states and still won easily.

What this should illustrate is that voters know enough about the candidates do decide for themselves ,and really are easily influenced. Unless your isolated on some islands in the ocean.

Not for nothing, if Bloomberg had been more prepared for obvious questions and didn't let Liz Warren disembowel him on national TV? It might have worked.

The shift to Biden only occured after Bloomberg shit the bed.

The country will have so many issues come January 2021 that nothing will get done besides trying to keep the country afloat.

Yep. This is something many people have to keep in mind as well. Whomever follows Trump will have a LOT of mess to clean up before they can even begin tackling their own plans.

I'd also point out that just because Biden may not sound very bold with his comments thus far, that doesn't mean things can't change once he's actually in office. Remember Obama's comments about same-sex marriage pre-2008? Yet look what became legal nationwide under his administration. And remember how supportive he was of transgender people during the whole "bathroom bill" debate as well?

Conversely, Bernie could have all these great plans that he wants to carry out once in office, and he may well try his hardest to get them passed...but he may not wind up being as bold as people hope, either, for a whole host of possible reasons. You can't always predict how a candidate will be in office just based off of what they say on the campaign trail.

And as we've discussed many times before, they alone can't carry out their plans. Should Biden or Bernie become president, if they pick and support great federal and Supreme Court judges who can overturn shitty rulings and support good ones, and if we're lucky enough to get a blue Congress, and we get the public at large continuing to push and march for things like stronger gun control and affordable healthcare and college and things like that, then all of that will go a long way towards making a lot of these plans a reality as well.

Bloomberg spent the money because he didn’t want Bernie to be the nominee. He didn’t even enter the race until that became a real possibility.

Last fall it looked like Biden was a losing bet.

Bloomberg got in, spent the $ and got the outcome he wanted.

Just looking at the exit polls so far. I would say that Michigan will be a bit closer than the polls indicated. And I think Missouri will be close to that 25-30% advantage to Biden. But we shall see.

Also, looks like 18-29 are voting somewhere between 8 and 12%

Oh and...

Michigan not expected to report primary results until Wednesday afternoon
Jesus Christ

Last edited:
Just looking at the exit polls so far. I would say that Michigan will be a bit closer than the polls indicated. And I think Missouri will be close to that 25-30% advantage to Biden. But we shall see.

Also, looks like 18-29 are voting somewhere between 8 and 12%

Oh and...

Michigan not expected to report primary results until Wednesday afternoon
Jesus Christ

60+ people are probably disproportionately for Biden and are probably staying home from coronavirus.

Go gettem gen x!

What is known about Michigan so far.

NATE SILVER8:16 PM
Biden also up 10 points so far with a decent number of votes counted in Macomb County, per Decision Desk, which went for Clinton by just a little over 1 point last time.

Decision Desk HQ is up to 30,000 votes in Michigan, all from Oakland County, and Biden leads 54-43 there. That was a county that Clinton won by 5 points in 2016.

So looks like its gonna be closer to a 10 point Biden win, more than a 22 point win that the polls were saying.

zRxrlgN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom