US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #861
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:48 PM
Here we go...

Quote:
So I have written, as I did on March 12, that Trump is the worst president in modern times — not of all time. That left open the possibility that James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding or some other nonentity would be judged more harshly. But in the past month, we have seen enough to take away the qualifier “in modern times.” With his catastrophic mishandling of the coronavirus, Trump has established himself as the worst president in U.S. history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...resident-ever/

Old 04-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #862
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post

The polling is starting to trend down again.

If this week gives us a high body count, which seems likely, it could start to get very dark.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #863
War Child

Old 04-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict

Inslee is a good governor, and should have been taken more seriously as a presidential candidate.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #865
Blue Crack Supplier

He’s about to get crushed on Tuesday in Wisconsin. It’s time for Bernie to drop out.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:24 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Inslee is a good governor, and should have been taken more seriously as a presidential candidate.
Very articulate, really well informed, understands the details and is prepared to act.

He was like the male Elizabeth Warren in this race.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:42 PM   #867
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Just STOP this blanket condemnation JD!

We can (go back) to criticizing him later things for other things I, you think he's doing/ or not doing in general. What do you think he's not doing that he should be in relation to this crisis?? .
We can slam him for Medicaid cuts after this immediate, current crisis is past.

As far as I can tell he's being fierce in trying to protect NYC/NYC.

I live here. It's my NYC'rs who are I'll, some badly who may get through, and those who will die. We are, or about to hit the worst. I've been inside for close to 3 1/2:wks; only going out for the necesseties. Luckily I have a lot of creative endevors to mostly keep me occupied, chats with fam & friends, and fighting off occasional meltdown. I'm pretty lucky.

It seems from your original username you're going n or near Philadelphia. I love that city, even as every place has it's faults. Visited, stayed over.
I sure hope you all don"t suffer as much as NYC is.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:16 PM   #868
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
The polling is starting to trend down again.

If this week gives us a high body count, which seems likely, it could start to get very dark.

If the current rate continues we’ll hit Vietnam numbers by end of the week 57,000 deaths

There’s no plan. None. States are banding together to do their best but you also have GOP led states that are beholden to Trump.

Trump’s rally the flag poll boost is over. But let’s not pretend he’ll drop more than a few more points from where he’s at now.

40% of this country will never see him in the wrong.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:22 PM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

We need to stop comparing a disease to acts of terrorism and war.

Vietnam was young people sent to their death.

A lot of these deaths were maybe preventable but a lot of them were not. It’s disease, it’s a lot less control in the hands of humans.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #870
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
He’s about to get crushed on Tuesday in Wisconsin. It’s time for Bernie to drop out.
I think a presidential candidate like Biden encouraging people to go in person to the polls is proof positive that he's completely incapable of leading us through this crisis. He has no idea, or does not care, about how dangerous things are for people out there.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #871
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Just STOP this blanket condemnation JD!

We can (go back) to criticizing him later things for other things I, you think he's doing/ or not doing in general. What do you think he's not doing that he should be in relation to this crisis?? .
We can slam him for Medicaid cuts after this immediate, current crisis is past.

As far as I can tell he's being fierce in trying to protect NYC/NYC.

I live here. It's my NYC'rs who are I'll, some badly who may get through, and those who will die. We are, or about to hit the worst. I've been inside for close to 3 1/2:wks; only going out for the necesseties. Luckily I have a lot of creative endevors to mostly keep me occupied, chats with fam & friends, and fighting off occasional meltdown. I'm pretty lucky.

It seems from your original username you're going n or near Philadelphia. I love that city, even as every place has it's faults. Visited, stayed over.
I sure hope you all don"t suffer as much as NYC is.
He made massive cuts to Medicaid right now, during this crisis. He's doing nothing to combat the very dangerous situation in the prisons, like Riker's. He's all talk, very little action. He needs to be condemned for his bullshit, and it needs to happen now. A crisis is not a time to pipe down and thank the people in power for the scraps they throw our way. We must demand more from them to protect the most vulnerable. He's throwing them to the wolves. It's disgusting.

I live in South Philadelphia. We are very likely going to have a bad situation over the next 2-3 months. We do not have the hospital capacity, because capitalist ghouls have stripped this city of every hospital bed that was not considered profitable (read: playing host to a lot of poor, uninsured people, mostly minorities). My city has the highest rate of poverty among the largest cities in the US. We're in very bad shape.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #872
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I think a presidential candidate like Biden encouraging people to go in person to the polls is proof positive that he's completely incapable of leading us through this crisis. He has no idea, or does not care, about how dangerous things are for people out there.

you can distort all you want, but Bernie should still call it a day. that would be the safest thing possible.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #873
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The WI primary has been moved to June.

Smart move. Edit to state that the GOP are fighting this decision.

Doesn’t change the inevitable Biden nomination.

Can we please change this primary setup? How about all states vote in a given week? Allows for more diverse (and younger) candidates a chance versus letting Iowa and New Hampshire pick the same old same old.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #874
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
The WI primary has been moved to June.

Smart move. Edit to state that the GOP are fighting this decision.

Doesn’t change the inevitable Biden nomination.

Can we please change this primary setup? How about all states vote in a given week? Allows for more diverse (and younger) candidates a chance versus letting Iowa and New Hampshire pick the same old same old.
Seriously, there is no logical reason we need to drag out our election season this fucking long. It's exhausting enough to slog through in a normal year. Having to deal with all of this on top of all the other current craziness is just going to wear everyone down even more.

Other countries have shorter election seasons. We really should follow their lead.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #875
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 PM
i think that having the first four states vote on their own has some value in shaping the wider race. it gives definitive results that weeds out the less viable candidates so that most voters aren't choosing from a slate of 10+ names. the issue is that those states are small and unrepresentative and don't change. i wonder if it would be better if the first four states changed every time based on some kind of rotation or draw, and you occasionally had california or florida or texas voting first and shaping the narratives instead of IA/NH always getting a massively disproportional say.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #876
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Can we just push the whole thing back to next year and not have both candidates be senile old white men with numerous accusations of misconduct on their records?

No?

I feel like the 2020 general election is on track for the lowest turnout per capita in American history. There's no energy or momentum surrounding these candidates anymore and if there's a second corona wave, forget it.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #877
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status...429871616?s=21

But it’s Biden’s fault
Old 04-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #878
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

But it’s Biden’s fault

I’m not even close to a Bernie bro, but boy have I had enough of these cheap jabs at their expense.

Do better.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #879
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I’m not even close to a Bernie bro, but boy have I had enough of these cheap jabs at their expense.

Do better.
WTF. There’s literally a post like 5 above this saying that Biden is forcing people to go to the polls.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #880
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Exactly. A few posters come in here and call Biden a rapist and now he’s forcing people to go to their death.

Oh, and to compound matters the Supreme Court basically just fucked us over for the 2020 election. GOP will have free reign to do whatever they want to suppress the vote.

Even if the Dems nominated the perfect candidate to unite the entire party as one, im not sure it’s going to matter when the other side will cheat

https://twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/12...947085825?s=21