US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2020, 10:13 PM   #721
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
What? You’re not
Clearly. I have a Sanders voodoo doll that I sleep with

Old 03-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #722
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Greed. Hatred. Delusion.
Hey that’s on the Trump family crest!!

Old 03-26-2020, 10:38 PM   #723
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Clearly. I have a Sanders voodoo doll that I sleep with

Headache and Sanders, sittin in a tree...
Old 03-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #724
Blue Crack Distributor

I stab it with only 1% of my needles
Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #725
Blue Crack Distributor

Nobody could care to stand up for the residents of Washington DC on this bill, huh? Cool.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #726
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I thought Nancy was fighting for you. Or maybe it was Warren
Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 AM   #727
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/johnbranchnyt/st...614380039?s=21

Killing old people AND the environment to own the libs
Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #728
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...748781569?s=21

How? Are people really not believing this is going to be catastrophic? That it’s only a NYC issue like 9/11?

The rust belt and the south are a week or two away from becoming a disaster. I’m in CA but I’m not even sure if we’re testing at a good clip.

Guess once the real America starts dying it’ll become an issue
Old 03-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #729
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...748781569?s=21

How? Are people really not believing this is going to be catastrophic? That it’s only a NYC issue like 9/11?

The rust belt and the south are a week or two away from becoming a disaster. I’m in CA but I’m not even sure if we’re testing at a good clip.

Guess once the real America starts dying it’ll become an issue
It's inevitable. People will rally around the government in times of crisis.

Doesn't mean it will last - and frankly that it's only 48 is not exactly a good thing. W Bush's approvals were around 90% in the aftermath of 9/11. It jumped about 40%. Trump has jumped like 3-5%.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #730
Blue Crack Supplier

Yeah folks will take comfort in him telling them that we're going to beat this thing etc.
Approval will go up, but like Headache said his approval hasn't jumped a tremendous amount. If (when) things aren't all back to normal by Easter, his ratings will start to slip again.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #731
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Yeah folks will take comfort in him telling them that we're going to beat this thing etc.
Approval will go up, but like Headache said his approval hasn't jumped a tremendous amount. If (when) things aren't all back to normal by Easter, his ratings will start to slip again.
I hope none of the people who approve of how he's handling this get the virus and need a ventilator. Same for their loved ones. He says some governors are essentially exaggerating how many are needed, and ventilators are very expensive.

They also desperately need PPE.

These people who approve Trump right now think he's telling the truth about everything. And they think governors and medical people on the front lines are lying and exaggerating. All rational thought goes out the window.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #732
Blue Crack Distributor

I think it's easy for those of us who try to remain politically knowledgeable and active to forget that the overwhelming majority of Americans aren't paying attention to the details.

That's especially important to remember in election season.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #733
Blue Crack Addict

Lol, unbelievable

Trump is threatening to take away licenses from television stations if they air an ad that is critical of his response to the coronavirus.

Via Bloomberg:

The Trump re-election campaign told TV stations they could lose their operating licenses for airing an ad criticizing the president’s actions in the coronavirus crisis — a challenge that may be more bluster than actual threat.

…..

Failure to remove the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” before the Federal Communications Commission, the campaign said in the letter. “Your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements.”

There are a couple of huge problems with the Trump campaign’s threat. First, the President doesn’t have the power to take licenses away from television stations. Second, the ad is free speech. It is criticism of the government that is protected by the Constitution. If Trump tried to take a license away from a broadcaster for airing the ad, the issue would go to court, Trump would lose.

It is not surprising that after years of attacks on the free press, the Trump campaign would threaten the license of any station that airs criticism of him. However, the campaign’s over the top reaction reveals that they are sensitive to the criticism of Trump’s response, and it is up to the critics of this administration to loudly and repeatedly tell the truth about how Trump made America the world leader in coronavirus.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #734
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Lol, unbelievable

Trump is threatening to take away licenses from television stations if they air an ad that is critical of his response to the coronavirus.

Via Bloomberg:

The Trump re-election campaign told TV stations they could lose their operating licenses for airing an ad criticizing the president’s actions in the coronavirus crisis — a challenge that may be more bluster than actual threat.

…..

Failure to remove the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” before the Federal Communications Commission, the campaign said in the letter. “Your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements.”

There are a couple of huge problems with the Trump campaign’s threat. First, the President doesn’t have the power to take licenses away from television stations. Second, the ad is free speech. It is criticism of the government that is protected by the Constitution. If Trump tried to take a license away from a broadcaster for airing the ad, the issue would go to court, Trump would lose.

It is not surprising that after years of attacks on the free press, the Trump campaign would threaten the license of any station that airs criticism of him. However, the campaign’s over the top reaction reveals that they are sensitive to the criticism of Trump’s response, and it is up to the critics of this administration to loudly and repeatedly tell the truth about how Trump made America the world leader in coronavirus.
and just listen to all the outrage over this coming from "muh freeze peach" crowd right now...
Old 03-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #735
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
and just listen to all the outrage over this coming from "muh freeze peach" crowd right now...
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the deafening silence.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #736
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/JohnKerry/status...52337429438464
Old 03-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #737
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump saying "throw Massie out of the Republican party!" is maybe the first thing he's said that I applaud.

But lets also throw him out of Congress
Old 03-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #738
Blue Crack Supplier

Good to see the Republican dog and pony show at the bill signing practicing social distancing. I saw at least 6 CM between some of the shoulders of the entourage.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #739
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Lol, unbelievable

Via Bloomberg:

…..

And the funny part is that the ad is just clips of Trump speaking. So... yeah, the statements are false, I mean Trump said them so of course they are, but that's the whole point of the ad.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #740
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Not sure that’s the way it works. We aren’t “borrowing” from the government. They’re borrowing from us.
I stand corrected.