US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-26-2020, 10:13 PM   #721
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
What? You’re not
Clearly. I have a Sanders voodoo doll that I sleep with
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #722
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Greed. Hatred. Delusion.
.
Hey that’s on the Trump family crest!!
__________________

womanfish is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 10:38 PM   #723
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Clearly. I have a Sanders voodoo doll that I sleep with

Headache and Sanders, sittin in a tree...
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 03-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #724
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 02:55 PM
I stab it with only 1% of my needles
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #725
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Nobody could care to stand up for the residents of Washington DC on this bill, huh? Cool.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #726
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 07:55 PM
I thought Nancy was fighting for you. Or maybe it was Warren
BEAL is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 AM   #727
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 07:55 PM
https://twitter.com/johnbranchnyt/st...614380039?s=21

Killing old people AND the environment to own the libs
BEAL is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #728
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 07:55 PM
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...748781569?s=21

How? Are people really not believing this is going to be catastrophic? That it’s only a NYC issue like 9/11?

The rust belt and the south are a week or two away from becoming a disaster. I’m in CA but I’m not even sure if we’re testing at a good clip.

Guess once the real America starts dying it’ll become an issue
BEAL is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #729
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...748781569?s=21

How? Are people really not believing this is going to be catastrophic? That it’s only a NYC issue like 9/11?

The rust belt and the south are a week or two away from becoming a disaster. I’m in CA but I’m not even sure if we’re testing at a good clip.

Guess once the real America starts dying it’ll become an issue
It's inevitable. People will rally around the government in times of crisis.

Doesn't mean it will last - and frankly that it's only 48 is not exactly a good thing. W Bush's approvals were around 90% in the aftermath of 9/11. It jumped about 40%. Trump has jumped like 3-5%.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #730
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,064
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Yeah folks will take comfort in him telling them that we're going to beat this thing etc.
Approval will go up, but like Headache said his approval hasn't jumped a tremendous amount. If (when) things aren't all back to normal by Easter, his ratings will start to slip again.
Hewson is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #731
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Yeah folks will take comfort in him telling them that we're going to beat this thing etc.
Approval will go up, but like Headache said his approval hasn't jumped a tremendous amount. If (when) things aren't all back to normal by Easter, his ratings will start to slip again.
I hope none of the people who approve of how he's handling this get the virus and need a ventilator. Same for their loved ones. He says some governors are essentially exaggerating how many are needed, and ventilators are very expensive.

They also desperately need PPE.

These people who approve Trump right now think he's telling the truth about everything. And they think governors and medical people on the front lines are lying and exaggerating. All rational thought goes out the window.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #732
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 02:55 PM
I think it's easy for those of us who try to remain politically knowledgeable and active to forget that the overwhelming majority of Americans aren't paying attention to the details.

That's especially important to remember in election season.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #733
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 03:55 PM
Lol, unbelievable


Trump is threatening to take away licenses from television stations if they air an ad that is critical of his response to the coronavirus.

Via Bloomberg:


The Trump re-election campaign told TV stations they could lose their operating licenses for airing an ad criticizing the president’s actions in the coronavirus crisis — a challenge that may be more bluster than actual threat.

…..

Failure to remove the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” before the Federal Communications Commission, the campaign said in the letter. “Your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements.”

There are a couple of huge problems with the Trump campaign’s threat. First, the President doesn’t have the power to take licenses away from television stations. Second, the ad is free speech. It is criticism of the government that is protected by the Constitution. If Trump tried to take a license away from a broadcaster for airing the ad, the issue would go to court, Trump would lose.

It is not surprising that after years of attacks on the free press, the Trump campaign would threaten the license of any station that airs criticism of him. However, the campaign’s over the top reaction reveals that they are sensitive to the criticism of Trump’s response, and it is up to the critics of this administration to loudly and repeatedly tell the truth about how Trump made America the world leader in coronavirus.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #734
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Lol, unbelievable


Trump is threatening to take away licenses from television stations if they air an ad that is critical of his response to the coronavirus.

Via Bloomberg:


The Trump re-election campaign told TV stations they could lose their operating licenses for airing an ad criticizing the president’s actions in the coronavirus crisis — a challenge that may be more bluster than actual threat.

…..

Failure to remove the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” before the Federal Communications Commission, the campaign said in the letter. “Your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements.”

There are a couple of huge problems with the Trump campaign’s threat. First, the President doesn’t have the power to take licenses away from television stations. Second, the ad is free speech. It is criticism of the government that is protected by the Constitution. If Trump tried to take a license away from a broadcaster for airing the ad, the issue would go to court, Trump would lose.

It is not surprising that after years of attacks on the free press, the Trump campaign would threaten the license of any station that airs criticism of him. However, the campaign’s over the top reaction reveals that they are sensitive to the criticism of Trump’s response, and it is up to the critics of this administration to loudly and repeatedly tell the truth about how Trump made America the world leader in coronavirus.
and just listen to all the outrage over this coming from "muh freeze peach" crowd right now...
DaveC is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #735
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
and just listen to all the outrage over this coming from "muh freeze peach" crowd right now...
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the deafening silence.
Diemen is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #736
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 02:55 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnKerry/status...52337429438464
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #737
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,064
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Trump saying "throw Massie out of the Republican party!" is maybe the first thing he's said that I applaud.

But lets also throw him out of Congress
Hewson is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #738
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,064
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Good to see the Republican dog and pony show at the bill signing practicing social distancing. I saw at least 6 CM between some of the shoulders of the entourage.
Hewson is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #739
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Lol, unbelievable


Trump is threatening to take away licenses from television stations if they air an ad that is critical of his response to the coronavirus.

Via Bloomberg:


The Trump re-election campaign told TV stations they could lose their operating licenses for airing an ad criticizing the president’s actions in the coronavirus crisis — a challenge that may be more bluster than actual threat.

…..

Failure to remove the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” before the Federal Communications Commission, the campaign said in the letter. “Your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements.”

There are a couple of huge problems with the Trump campaign’s threat. First, the President doesn’t have the power to take licenses away from television stations. Second, the ad is free speech. It is criticism of the government that is protected by the Constitution. If Trump tried to take a license away from a broadcaster for airing the ad, the issue would go to court, Trump would lose.

It is not surprising that after years of attacks on the free press, the Trump campaign would threaten the license of any station that airs criticism of him. However, the campaign’s over the top reaction reveals that they are sensitive to the criticism of Trump’s response, and it is up to the critics of this administration to loudly and repeatedly tell the truth about how Trump made America the world leader in coronavirus.
And the funny part is that the ad is just clips of Trump speaking. So... yeah, the statements are false, I mean Trump said them so of course they are, but that's the whole point of the ad.
womanfish is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #740
Acrobat
 
MissCandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: London
Posts: 318
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Not sure that’s the way it works. We aren’t “borrowing” from the government. They’re borrowing from us.
I stand corrected.
__________________

MissCandyGirl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×