US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #661
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:01 PM
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...82475771219969

But remember folks. Biden doesn't give a shit, and can't be trusted!!! His words are meaningless!

Old 03-23-2020, 11:05 PM   #662
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

game changer

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9420176.html

Old 03-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #663
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post

But remember folks. Biden doesn't give a shit, and can't be trusted!!! His words are meaningless!

The affordable care act won’t stop people from crippling medical debts for contracting covid-19.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #664
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Holy fucking shit. Li'l Tucker sits there with a straight face, sort of nodding, like this isn't the most insane thing he's ever heard.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...45135129346050
Old 03-23-2020, 11:08 PM   #665
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The affordable care act won’t stop people from crippling medical debts for contracting covid-19.
25 million people losing their health insurance disagree. But thanks. I guess we all wait for M4A to breeze through the Houses.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #666
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:01 PM
Quote:
I heard it smelled like a newborn baby's head.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #667
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
25 million people losing their health insurance disagree. But thanks. I guess we all wait for M4A to breeze through the Houses.

Dude what are you talking about? Your retort doesn’t make any sense.

The affordable care act does not stop people from acquiring loads of debt even if they’re fully covered. Like, even platinum plans will charge $250 a day in the hospital, with a maximum out of pocket of like $5000.

So yeah, contract COVID-19 and someone making $40,000 could easily acquire crippling debt should they get stuck sedated on a ventilator for a week and survive.

BUT THANKS
Old 03-23-2020, 11:26 PM   #668
War Child

Gilead just attained orphan drug status for their Covid treatment, meaning they can jack up the price. Thank you to Joe Biden for helping Republicans to table the 2000 proposal to eliminate this possibility on drugs whose R&D was taxpayer funded!
Old 03-23-2020, 11:29 PM   #669
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Dude what are you talking about? Your retort doesn’t make any sense.

The affordable care act does not stop people from acquiring loads of debt even if they’re fully covered. Like, even platinum plans will charge $250 a day in the hospital, with a maximum out of pocket of like $5000.

So yeah, contract COVID-19 and someone making $40,000 could easily acquire crippling debt should they get stuck sedated on a ventilator for a week and survive.

BUT THANKS
I'm saying that Biden trying to save 25 million people who have insurance really isn't a great opportunity to say, well, why should we save it cause it's crap anyway (sorry, not saying you said that, but sort of the meaning i took from it)...

So yes, someone gets a 5,000 bill. That sucks, agreed. But it's not a 100,000 dollar bill. So saving what's there now is important, and making it better is even more important.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #670
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

oh shit he wrote them a letter saying "stop it", republicans definitely should fear president biden.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:34 PM   #671
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Gilead just attained orphan drug status for their Covid treatment, meaning they can jack up the price. Thank you to Joe Biden for helping Republicans to table the 2000 proposal to eliminate this possibility on drugs whose R&D was taxpayer funded!
Oh Christ. You know how much shit they had to change and shelve in order to get any form of the ACA passed? But yes, the blame lands squarely on Biden's shoulders.

Tell me the story about how M4A would have gone over in 2000...
Old 03-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #672
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
oh shit he wrote them a letter saying "stop it", republicans better fear president biden.
Are you seriously going down this road again?

Every day Bernie's IG feed is just one spouting after another of telling someone to stop something or how something should be. Yet, when Biden does it, and not just on social media, it's ridiculous.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:40 PM   #673
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm saying that Biden trying to save 25 million people who have insurance really isn't a great opportunity to say, well, why should we save it cause it's crap anyway (sorry, not saying you said that, but sort of the meaning i took from it)...

So yes, someone gets a 5,000 bill. That sucks, agreed. But it's not a 100,000 dollar bill. So saving what's there now is important, and making it better is even more important.

$5,000 or $100,000, it’s not going to be paid. It’s foolish for someone making $40,000 to pay the $5,000 bill. They should accept their credit being obliterated for seven years until the debt collectors can no longer legally take action on your credit score. That’s the only logical play for someone in that position.

They should owe $0, and they shouldn’t have to suffer lack of access to credit / have no financial credibility for the next decade thanks to a pandemic.

The affordable care act, during business as usual, is better than nothing. Yes. But it is not protecting a large amount of people from crippling debt due to covid-19.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #674
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Are you seriously going down this road again?

Every day Bernie's IG feed is just one spouting after another of telling someone to stop something or how something should be. Yet, when Biden does it, and not just on social media, it's ridiculous.
at this point, he's the presumptive nominee. i want to hear him talking about what he intends to try to write into law or what orders he intends to pass as president to try to fix the situation.

it's a letter from a civilian (albeit a powerful one) to congresspeople. in the grand scheme, it's a relatively empty gesture that's being spun to appear as if Joe Is Doing Something. i get that he doesn't really have the power to do anything now but right now he definitely has an enormous amount of power to drive a lot of valuable discussion about the best solutions for when he does have the ability to actually do anything substantial. take the request to CEOs to "commit" to no stock buybacks for a year, sure it's a gesture, which i agree is valuable sometimes, but what is it actually doing for anybody?

i suppose my point is, so he wrote this letter. what actual good does it serve if there's no threat of a legal and permanent follow through from the biden administration? like, "no more stock buybacks please CEOs" is all well and good, but why isn't he following it up with "i'm going to make them illegal anyways when i'm president so you might as well adjust now"?
Old 03-24-2020, 12:05 AM   #675
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
$5,000 or $100,000, it’s not going to be paid. It’s foolish for someone making $40,000 to pay the $5,000 bill. They should accept their credit being obliterated for seven years until the debt collectors can no longer legally take action on your credit score. That’s the only logical play for someone in that position.

They should owe $0, and they shouldn’t have to suffer lack of access to credit / have no financial credibility for the next decade thanks to a pandemic.

The affordable care act, during business as usual, is better than nothing. Yes. But it is not protecting a large amount of people from crippling debt due to covid-19.
I see your point on the covid-19 and agree with you. It would be great to get student loan debt and medical bills reduced or elimanated for people who were hospitalized for covid-19, even if it were on some sliding scale.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #676
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
at this point, he's the presumptive nominee. i want to hear him talking about what he intends to try to write into law or what orders he intends to pass as president to try to fix the situation.

it's a letter from a civilian (albeit a powerful one) to congresspeople. in the grand scheme, it's a relatively empty gesture that's being spun to appear as if Joe Is Doing Something. i get that he doesn't really have the power to do anything now but right now he definitely has an enormous amount of power to drive a lot of valuable discussion about the best solutions for when he does have the ability to actually do anything substantial. take the request to CEOs to "commit" to no stock buybacks for a year, sure it's a gesture, which i agree is valuable sometimes, but what is it actually doing for anybody?

i suppose my point is, so he wrote this letter. what actual good does it serve if there's no threat of a legal and permanent follow through from the biden administration? like, "no more stock buybacks please CEOs" is all well and good, but why isn't he following it up with "i'm going to make them illegal anyways when i'm president so you might as well adjust now"?
Very good points all around. I see what you mean, and I agree with you.

Sorry, I'm a bit edgy lately. The thought of not making my mortgage in a few months is making me a walking asshole as of late.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:16 AM   #677
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Very good points all around. I see what you mean, and I agree with you.

Sorry, I'm a bit edgy lately. The thought of not making my mortgage in a few months is making me a walking asshole as of late.
no worries, lots of us are being walking assholes here as of late

i hope we all make it through this safe. i'm glad i have this place and these friends to talk to while i'm shut off from the world, even if we argue like estranged relatives at a tense thanksgiving sometimes.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:58 AM   #678
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
no worries, lots of us are being walking assholes here as of late

i hope we all make it through this safe. i'm glad i have this place and these friends to talk to while i'm shut off from the world, even if we argue like estranged relatives at a tense thanksgiving sometimes.
LOL. Yeah, crazy enough, this place helps keep me sane. I know its lame to say it's been nice to get to know this group so well over the past year or so. It helps when I just can't listen to another covid report.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:01 AM   #679
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

And now we know why Trump wants to "open our country up" again so soon

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/stat...27062028582915

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/stat...56536921145344
Old 03-24-2020, 02:03 AM   #680
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I see your point on the covid-19 and agree with you. It would be great to get student loan debt and medical bills reduced or elimanated for people who were hospitalized for covid-19, even if it were on some sliding scale.

For the record, Joe did suggest this. But I don’t see anyone anywhere practically pushing for this. Still waiting. And that’s not a dig at joe, it’s a dig at the current government in its entirety.