US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Yes it is archaic that they don't have remote voting. I hope they don't start coming down with the virus in large numbers.

Bernie needs to take care of his health. He has integrity in my eyes, don't see this situation as any sort of appropriate test of that.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #622
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Sure.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #623
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:13 PM
https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/st...759219200?s=21

They are consistent
Old 03-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #624
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
so now he's at fault for not making a big dog and pony show out of not voting? lol he literally can't win with you guys. if he went and voted i'm sure people would be in here railing on him as irresponsible and reckless and "all about himself" for gathering in public with exposed people.

yes, those of you who are giving him shit for this absolutely are being huge assholes.
If this was a U2 related discussion about Stand Up Comedy, you'd be the blind sheep who would proclaim it as the best U2 rocker ever!!!!111 Sure, call us assholes, but it goes both ways. We're allowed to be critical of Bernie if we want. It doesn't make us assholes. In fact, you're the one that flips out everytime and then reverts to victim mode the minute someone has enough of you and gets a little aggressive.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #625
Blue Crack Addict

criticizing bernie doesn't make you an asshole.

criticizing anybody (particularly a high-risk individual in already-shaky health) in a time of a global pandemic for putting their health first over scoring a political point makes you an asshole.

you would do everything you could to prevent one of your grandparents or parents from going into that kind of situation in a million years if you care about them at all. if some random insisted that them not going into that situation made them a hypocrite, you'd rightfully call that person an asshole.

so no, this is not a knock on bernie's character or integrity no matter how desperately you obviously wish that to be the case. this is just you being an asshole.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #626
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
In fact, you're the one that flips out everytime and then reverts to victim mode the minute someone has enough of you and gets a little aggressive.
Let's keep the personal attacks out of this, please.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #627
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
criticizing bernie doesn't make you an asshole.

criticizing anybody (particularly a high-risk individual in already-shaky health) in a time of a global pandemic for putting their health first over scoring a political point makes you an asshole.

you wouldn't let your grandfather or father go into that situation in a million years if you care about them at all. so no, this is not a knock on bernie's character or integrity no matter how desperately you and headache obviously wish that to be the case.
I think maybe you should take a step back and read your own posts, and then decide if you still think it's wise to assign maturity levels to other people's posts.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Let's keep the personal attacks out of this, please.
Ok. Say the same to the guy calling us assholes, maybe?
Old 03-23-2020, 03:02 PM   #629
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I think maybe you should take a step back and read your own posts, and then decide if you still think it's wise to assign maturity levels to other people's posts.
Dude.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #630
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Dude.
Nothing but respect to you. I wouldn't want your position in having to remain neutral in modding a political thread. Just only asking to maybe look in the direction of the guy calling everyone and asshole for having a different opinion. Kind of creates hostility especially in uncertain times. That's all.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #631
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ok. Say the same to the guy calling us assholes, maybe?
one month ago:

Quote:
Dude. I have moral superiority over no one. I’m an asshole that talks shit all day all night. You know that. Rudy sucks and so do Bernie bros. So fuck you.
the irony of this (and asking the mod to step in) immediately after you just tried to shit talk me for "reverting to victim mode" is absolutely glorious.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:09 PM   #632
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You should read not only your own, but everyone else’s. Most people agree that the notion of a 78-year-old man showing up to score political points only is stupid, especially when people like Rand Paul are scoring political points by intentionally showing up to work carrying a disease that would give someone like Bernie Sanders a 25% chance of dying.

Did you forget? He had a freaking heart attack.

Instead of wagging your finger humorously targeting Sanders’ integrity (what on earth has Sanders done to suddenly seem to lack integrity in your eyes?), maybe consider pointing your energy at something that literally everyone on both sides of the isles will agree is stupid: Congress is mass gathering because they’re required to do so, when in times like this they should absolutely be voting remotely.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:11 PM   #633
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Nothing but respect to you. I wouldn't want your position in having to remain neutral in modding a political thread. Just only asking to maybe look in the direction of the guy calling everyone and asshole for having a different opinion. Kind of creates hostility especially in uncertain times. That's all.
He made his point in a confrontational way, I'll grant you that. But you've yet to respond to the actual point he's making, which is, I dare say, pretty reasonable, and are instead going after him personally.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #634
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
one month ago:

the irony of this (and asking the mod to step in) immediately after you just tried to shit talk me for "reverting to victim mode" is absolutely glorious.
I meant what I said. I can be an asshole too and I know it. And just because Diemen chose to single my post out instead of yours doesn't mean that you shouldn't tone it down and own it too.

But anywho, I apologize. Stressful times for all and just didn't appreciate being referred to as an asshole repeatedly.

Hope all is well, Dave.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #635
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 03-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #636
Blue Crack Distributor

I'd have much easier time believing the whole "he didn't show up Sunday because he is trying to protect his health" if, ya know, he wasn't on the floor of the Senate today.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #637
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Sure.
If that was directed at me was it really necessary? Wish I never got involved in this total bullshit. I'm not even a Bernie supporter and didn't even vote for the guy.

But have at it everyone who is in quarantine attack mode because Gzus isn't here?
Old 03-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #638
Blue Crack Addict

I'm not even paying attention to who is there and who isn't there, for the sake of this country I just hope they don't start dropping like flies. Things are bad enough without Trump rule by executive order.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #639
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
If that was directed at me was it really necessary? Wish I never got involved in this total bullshit. I'm not even a Bernie supporter and didn't even vote for the guy.

But have at it everyone who is in quarantine attack mode because Gzus isn't here?
It wasn't
Old 03-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #640
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'd have much easier time believing the whole "he didn't show up Sunday because he is trying to protect his health" if, ya know, he wasn't on the floor of the Senate today.

Maybe the fact he’s had a heart attack at his age means he should take a back seat wjth the whole Presidential thing....

And I’m not downplaying Biden’s mental health either but that’s a little more difficult to gauge since he’s Always screwed up his speech (from conditions he can’t control with stuttering, and the fact he’s an odd dude)