US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:09 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonscam...530385926?s=12

Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Everything Trump does is about the appearance of doing a good job. His entire life has been about that, from blasting his name on everything, to his tv show, and now the Presidency.

The only word or promises he has kept have been his harmful ones. Muslim Ban, Tax Cuts, anything to fuck over the poor. Anything to actually help people, no.

Everyone who wants a mask can get one
The Medical Ship for NY, it won't get there for another two - three weeks
Invoking acts, he hasn't actually invoked anything to help. Just talked about doing it

At some point, the malice will overtake the incompetence. His administration does not care who is going to get sick and die.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:54 AM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:09 PM
70,000 more applications in the US for unemployment benefits last week as compared to the week prior. would be willing to bet that number is going to be MUCH higher for this week too.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:59 AM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/alexwagner/statu...602118656?s=21

They all knew but must not upset the Leader
Old 03-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #485
Blue Crack Distributor

lol Tulsi endorses Biden
Old 03-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Damn, she really hates Hillary Clinton then.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #487
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
70,000 more applications in the US for unemployment benefits last week as compared to the week prior. would be willing to bet that number is going to be MUCH higher for this week too.
Heard this morning they are expecting over 2 million.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Trump keeps saying he thinks the economy is going to be fantastic, he just said it again. He also said the reporters were too close together and he should probably have just two there that he likes. Ugh, he just can't stop. Self control of a child.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

Just to lighten things up a little. I love swearing cranky Bernie

(CNN)Bernie Sanders has a decision to make about his campaign now that his path to the Democratic presidential nomination has effectively closed and the coronavirus pandemic has thrown into question the timing of future primary elections.

But on Wednesday, when asked during a question and answer session with reporters what his time frame for making that decision was, Sanders did not want to discuss it, telling CNN's Manu Raju, "I'm dealing with a FUCKING global crisis."

Sanders, who was at work in the US Senate to address the pandemic, added that "right now I'm trying to do my best to make sure that we don't have an economic meltdown and that people don't die. Is that enough for you to keep me busy for today?"
Old 03-19-2020, 12:36 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Manu Raju has positioned himself to be every politician’s punching bag lol
Old 03-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Manu Raju has positioned himself to be every politician’s punching bag lol
He takes a licking and he keeps on ticking. Still neck and neck with Jim Acosta right now just from Trump, but rapidly ascending

Name:  download (2).jpeg
Views: 40
Size:  5.2 KB
Old 03-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Yeah, this has all been kind of abstract for me up until now. My wife was transitioning from one job to another. They told her she got the job, she put in her notice at her old job, accepted the offer letter, passed the background and drug screen, and was going to start on Monday. They called yesterday saying there was a hiring freeze and she wouldn't be starting. So she is now jobless with no way to get unemployment benefits.

Any lawyery people on here? I get a hiring freeze, but it would seem that would mean future hires, and it seems that she WAS already hired. Just kind of shitting my pants right now.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #493
Blue Crack Addict

The US is now in a recession:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...in-a-recession

Trump is putting the onus on individual states, saying the feds are "not a shipping clerk."

The US is the new epicentre of this disease.

Trump needs to be removed immediately. You guys and the rest of the world can no longer survive this sociopath.

ETA: My husband has been on the phone with US clients all day. These are top echelons of financial institutions. Trump being described as "an abomination" and a "total moral failure" - most of these guys actually voted for him too.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Recession technically can’t start until Q2 has passed, as I understand the term. Which will obviously happen.

Anyways, I think the Chinese are either not honestly reporting, or are not sharing information on treatment and prevention. Italy surpassing China in deaths is unbelievable.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Recession technically can’t start until Q2 has passed, as I understand the term. Which will obviously happen.

Anyways, I think the Chinese are either not honestly reporting, or are not sharing information on treatment and prevention. Italy surpassing China in deaths is unbelievable.
The Chinese Red Cross, operating in Italy has told the Italians that they are not properly locked down.

Chinese doctors in Wuhan worked in shifts and had to wear adult diapers and were not permitted to use washrooms until they were off the ward and the shift had ended. Drones were notifying police who was hauling off people who left their homes, to God knows where. THAT is what it takes. And that's why I actually do believe their numbers.

The US will be markedly worse than Italy.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #496
Blue Crack Distributor

The Chinese isolated everyone, including those who were asymptomatic. They separated hospitals - covid 19 patients were only allowed in certain hospitals, and regular patients were only allowed on others. The medical professionals who worked on each were only allowed in those hospitals... i.e. corona doctors only worked with corona patients.

We need to be doing the same thing. We won't even test many people with symptoms. We're a free nation full of morbidly obese people, many of whom won't listen to the news anymore because we've had a president who has spent the last 4 years telling everyone that everyone is lying but him.

This is going to ravage us.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #497
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/st...141879298?s=19
Old 03-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #498
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The Chinese isolated everyone, including those who were asymptomatic. They separated hospitals - covid 19 patients were only allowed in certain hospitals, and regular patients were only allowed on others. The medical professionals who worked on each were only allowed in those hospitals... i.e. corona doctors only worked with corona patients.

We need to be doing the same thing. We won't even test many people with symptoms. We're a free nation full of morbidly obese people, many of whom won't listen to the news anymore because we've had a president who has spent the last 4 years telling everyone that everyone is lying but him.

This is going to ravage us.
The Chinese contributed to this by a lack of transparency and honesty. I don not believe anything they say.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #499
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
The Chinese contributed to this by a lack of transparency and honesty. I don not believe anything they say.
Terrific.

I'm not basing this on what the Chinese government has said, I'm basing it on what people on the ground have said
Old 03-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #500
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The thing about comparing death rates is that it is a futile exercise because nobody knows what the denominator is. Nobody knows how many people are tested. South Korea and Germany have a minuscule death rate because they tested tons of people. Italy (and the US) didn't, so the death rates will be much higher.