US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #441
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Ok whatever dude, you can plug your ears and ignore the cold cut and dry fact that legitimately everyone else’s public health infrastructure is holding up better than ours in this global health crisis, and legitimately almost everyone else in the fucking western world has some form of nationalized healthcare.
I'm not saying that. I'm not even against nationalized medicine. I don't even know what we're arguing over other than that there would still be issues regardless and national health care wouldn't be this magical unicorn saving is all when our nation is still run by idiots.

Everyone's having issues. Maybe our issues would be slightly lessened by nationalized health care. Maybe the smaller size of these other nations has a bit to do with it and well.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Really...?
You're right. Ignore button is better.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'm not saying that. I'm not even against nationalized medicine. I don't even know what we're arguing over other than that there would still be issues regardless and national health care wouldn't be this magical unicorn saving is all when our nation is still run by idiots.

Everyone's having issues. Maybe our issues would be slightly lessened by nationalized health care. Maybe the smaller size of these other nations has a bit to do with it and well.

Of course everyone is in trouble right now. It’s not like Italy deserves a medal for their outstanding response. But, we are definitely near or in last place for the western world response.

Anyways, the original point we were discussing was whether or not it changes the minds of voters. And I think a key component you’re missing here is that you’re trying way too hard to rationalize what the difference is between the systems. So far as I’d guess, more people in Europe will be against their nationalized healthcare systems and more people in the US will be against their private healthcare system, if only because nobody’s is looking good right now and that’s a natural emotional response.

Will it translate into votes? Oh I doubt it will, at least not enough to change the race. But is it a viable path? Certainly. More realistic than trying to win on superdelegates.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You're right. Ignore button is better.

You know him better than that, come on now.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hey, fuck off
just because you're stuck at home with your kids, that doesn't mean you need to match their maturity level.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:09 PM   #446
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Of course everyone is in trouble right now. It’s not like Italy deserves a medal for their outstanding response. But, we are definitely near or in last place for the western world response.

Anyways, the original point we were discussing was whether or not it changes the minds of voters. And I think a key component you’re missing here is that you’re trying way too hard to rationalize what the difference is between the systems. So far as I’d guess, more people in Europe will be against their nationalized healthcare systems and more people in the US will be against their private healthcare system, if only because nobody’s is looking good right now and that’s a natural emotional response.

Will it translate into votes? Oh I doubt it will, at least not enough to change the race. But is it a viable path? Certainly. More realistic than trying to win on superdelegates.
Fair enough. I just don't see that it's viable. I see people looking at a situation here where we were in the shit no matter what, and seeing a president who is lying, hiding vital information, and slow to react in the interest of his political future. To me that plays more into the "let's pick the guy who we think can beat Trump cause he's an incompetent asshole" crowd.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:33 PM   #447
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Hey, fuck off
His comment certainly didn't warrant that response.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #448
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
His comment certainly didn't warrant that response.
I've placed him on ignore. Apologies.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #449
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
just because you're stuck at home with your kids, that doesn't mean you need to match their maturity level.
Good one!
Old 03-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

I honestly don't see this as a healthcare issue at this point. All systems will be at capacity, all countries will face shortages of swabs and means to test everyone. More people will die in the developing world where the # of ICU beds and specialized staff are in short supply, yes.

It's an issue of the response at the top levels of government and a clear example of a total and abject lack of leadership in some places.

If you had private healthcare but literally almost anyone else in office - be it Hillary, or Mittens, or Obama, or even GWB, the US response would not be this pathetic.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #451
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I honestly don't see this as a healthcare issue at this point. All systems will be at capacity, all countries will face shortages of swabs and means to test everyone. More people will die in the developing world where the # of ICU beds and specialized staff are in short supply, yes.

It's an issue of the response at the top levels of government and a clear example of a total and abject lack of leadership in some places.

If you had private healthcare but literally almost anyone else in office - be it Hillary, or Mittens, or Obama, or even GWB, the US response would not be this pathetic.
This is the only thing I was saying.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #452
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Will this be the event that finally kills Trickledown Economics ??!!?

We are bailing out companies again because they used their tax cuts to buy their own stocks and now we’re fucked again.

Reports are saying we may need social distancing for the next year. What businesses can sustain that ?
Old 03-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #453
Blue Crack Distributor

Not to keep it alive, but yea - we're all under a wee bit of stress right now and I snapped earlier unnecessarily. My bad on that one. Woosah
Old 03-17-2020, 08:07 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

Biden 912 delegates

Sanders 712 delegates
Old 03-17-2020, 11:19 PM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Not to keep it alive, but yea - we're all under a wee bit of stress right now and I snapped earlier unnecessarily. My bad on that one. Woosah
it's a stressful time for us all, i should have been a little more understanding myself and stayed out of it. this isn't the time to needle each other. hope you and the fam are hunkered down comfortably and not driving each other too stir crazy. <-- that's an elbow bump don't touch me
Old 03-17-2020, 11:59 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:53 PM
So most of you are working from home/staying at home? Wish I could do the same but sadly people still have to shit and flush toilets so we are stuck having to go to work. Specially working in a waste water treatment plant where we get to literally deal with actual shit, it’s not very comforting so I’m hoping the light at the end of the tunnel comes soon!
Old 03-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #457
War Child

Quote:
I've placed him on ignore. Apologies.
You're really unbelievable. How did I say anything remotely controversial? Absolute delusion.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:34 AM   #458
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:53 PM
In thread is not the place to continue this.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #459
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post

The US does not have enough medical equipment or enough beds. The hospital I was treated in when I was nearly killed shuttered its doors earlier this year because of our current system. They intentionally bankrupted it so that they could sell the building to make luxury condos. They put a bunch of med students and health care professionals on the street with no plan to move them elsewhere. It's far from the first time this has happened.

Trump has taken everything to the extreme in terms of how bad it can be, but we've been making ourselves unprepared dating back long before Trump came about.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #460
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
In thread is not the place to continue this.
He's apparently ignored me, so I suppose it will not be continued at all!