US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The stocks and Bono are ok
stocks are going up and we're all coming down with some new asian virus.

ju ju man, ju ju man

Old 03-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #342
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:37 PM
US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
“the 2009 Swine Flu (which no one here will want to discuss the response and outcome of)
Oh no, let’s talk about it. The swine flu was first diagnosed on 4/15/09. CDC called for emergency operations exactly one week later. 1 million swine flu tests were released by May 15th, 1 month later.

The US government knew about covid-19 in January. It’s now mid March, and there have only been 11,000 tests so far. Not to mention the fact that Trump fired the WH pandemic response team and proposed cuts to the CDC and his administration is still standing by those cuts as of THIS WEEK.

But yes, it’s all Obama’s fault.

Trumpers, I mean, independent conservatives, gonna Trump, I mean, independently conserve.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:01 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:37 PM
I thought they independently conserve (their opinion of trump)
Old 03-14-2020, 12:09 PM   #344
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I thought they independently conserve (their opinion of trump)

Trump: I don’t take any responsibility at all.

Independent conservatives: I like what I’m hearing!
Old 03-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #345
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Trump is a one-trick pony, so he's doing it again: Claim Obama's management of a situation was worse, having Fox News and other sycophants amplifying the message, watch the rest of the media write lengthy fact checks that consist of, "Not entirely true, but admitted, this could've been done better", and whenever someone's trying to get the focus back on the situation at hand just shouting, "But Obama!"

If the measures put in place are successful enough to avoid ugly pictures, he might even get away with it. While I hope that the US will manage to contain the outbreak and flatten the curve, I also wish that this time he really won't get away with it. But I'm sure over the next months we'll hear him, the rest of the Administration and the right wing sphere hammer down the message that Biden was responsible for the response to the H1N1 pandemic, and that it was terrible.

And of course they will all conveniently ignore such important points as:
- the response to the H1N1 outbreak was swift
- the response was based on lessons learnt and guidelines derived from earlier pandemics
- the response was then subsequently analyzed in order to find out what worked and what didn't, and where are gaps in knowledge
- test kits were available, they just carried the sticker "Made in Germany" instead of "America First! Made in China"

and most importantly:

- it doesn't matter, because you [the current Administration] fucked up the response to the crisis at hand, despite having had ten years of research and lessons learnt! If you want praise for what you are doing, do it better!
Old 03-14-2020, 02:43 PM   #346
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
For Trump it has been about the stock market and his re-election from the first day, and always will be. Anyone who can't see that is refusing to for various reasons. And I feel sorry for anyone who thinks Trump cares about them on a human level, in the midst of this pandemic or any other time. He is devoid of that. My non professional opinion is that he's a pathological narcissist.
Living here you've obviously seen Charlie Baker doing pressers the past few days and Trump doing his.
The contrast is glaring. When Baker speaks you feel his empathy, some bit of assurance that proper steps are being taken and absolutely that public health is his primary concern.
With Trump you get none of that.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #347
Blue Crack Distributor

Anyone know if Pence has been able to wipe off the shit he got on him from being that far up Trump's ass yesterday? There's a wipe shortage so just want to check
Old 03-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #348
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm super impressed that the lame stream media and the liberal elite deep state has been able to get Spain to go along with their overreaction ruse
Old 03-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Living here you've obviously seen Charlie Baker doing pressers the past few days and Trump doing his.
The contrast is glaring. When Baker speaks you feel his empathy, some bit of assurance that proper steps are being taken and absolutely that public health is his primary concern.
With Trump you get none of that.
So true. Charlie Baker really proved it to me when he got choked up talking about his Dad and how he can't visit him now. I can't visit my Dad now either and it hurts so much. The only difference is that his Dad is in a much nicer facility because Charlie is wealthy.

When he talked about taking care of elderly people because of what they've done for us I'm not ashamed to say that I cried. He's been made fun of for how emotional he is and that's pathetic. I want to see that in a leader and a politician.

After he said that I felt so proud that I voted for him. The one and only Republican I've ever voted for, and I don't care if he's a RINO.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:03 PM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Trump: I don’t take any responsibility at all.

Independent conservatives: I like what I’m hearing!
And this is the same party that constantly harps on about the importance of personal responsibility.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'm super impressed that the lame stream media and the liberal elite deep state has been able to get Spain to go along with their overreaction ruse
The Europeans are all communists.

Norway and Denmark closing airports.

The idiot Trump voters or "independents" who want to be lackadaisical about this are just extra. Demographically, most of them are the #1 target victim of this virus.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Bloomberg better start pouring those sweet billions into ridding the Senate of excrement like this.

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/statu...78952644624390
Old 03-15-2020, 12:52 AM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

They say Trump's Covid test came back negative.
He tweeted that it was negative, but if it hadn't been he wouldn't have told anyone
Then deleted that tweet.
I'm guessing if we don't see any public appearances the next few days, we can assume that he does have it.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
They say Trump's Covid test came back negative.
He tweeted that it was negative, but if it hadn't been he wouldn't have told anyone
Then deleted that tweet.
I'm guessing if we don't see any public appearances the next few days, we can assume that he does have it.
Can't say I'm surprised at all by that tweet. I want him the hell out of that WH.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Biden might or might not try to get countries to work together on vaccines, but he'd definitely not try to get companies to relocate and produce vaccines only for the US.

Quote:
Welt am Sonntag quoted an unidentified German government source as saying Trump was trying to secure the scientists’ work exclusively, and would do anything to get a vaccine for the United States, “but only for the United States.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2120IV
Old 03-15-2020, 11:07 AM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Biden might or might not try to get countries to work together on vaccines, but he'd definitely not try to get companies to relocate and produce vaccines only for the US.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2120IV
Trump is a disgusting so called “human being”. I also heard he was hoping to slow down the test kits so that the number of cases wouldn’t go higher and effect his chances for re election. Trump has a very special place in hell reserved for him! Very special place indeed!
Old 03-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Crazy Bernie vs Sleepy Joe debate tonight, should be interesting.

Also today is Justice Ginsburg's 87th birthday. Bless her and please keep her healthy.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Trump is a POS for trying to get a vaccine for US only. He has lots of supporters who would agree with that too.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:37 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Trump is a POS for trying to get a vaccine for US only. He has lots of supporters who would agree with that too.

There are what, 6 billion of the rest of us? Pretty sure the odds are higher the vaccine emerges in one of the other 200+ countries. Imagine if we were all this fucking selfish.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #360
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
the 2009 Swine Flu (which no one here will want to discuss the response and outcome of)

Still getting your news from memes I see