US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see this as a healthcare issue at this point. All systems will be at capacity, all countries will face shortages of swabs and means to test everyone. More people will die in the developing world where the # of ICU beds and specialized staff are in short supply, yes.

It's an issue of the response at the top levels of government and a clear example of a total and abject lack of leadership in some places.

If you had private healthcare but literally almost anyone else in office - be it Hillary, or Mittens, or Obama, or even GWB, the US response would not be this pathetic.
This is the only thing I was saying.

Will this be the event that finally kills Trickledown Economics ??!!?

We are bailing out companies again because they used their tax cuts to buy their own stocks and now we’re fucked again.

Reports are saying we may need social distancing for the next year. What businesses can sustain that ?

Not to keep it alive, but yea - we're all under a wee bit of stress right now and I snapped earlier unnecessarily. My bad on that one. Woosah
it's a stressful time for us all, i should have been a little more understanding myself and stayed out of it. this isn't the time to needle each other. hope you and the fam are hunkered down comfortably and not driving each other too stir crazy. :hi5: <-- that's an elbow bump don't touch me :wink:

So most of you are working from home/staying at home? Wish I could do the same but sadly people still have to shit and flush toilets so we are stuck having to go to work. Specially working in a waste water treatment plant where we get to literally deal with actual shit, it’s not very comforting so I’m hoping the light at the end of the tunnel comes soon!

I honestly don't see this as a healthcare issue at this point. All systems will be at capacity, all countries will face shortages of swabs and means to test everyone. More people will die in the developing world where the # of ICU beds and specialized staff are in short supply, yes.

It's an issue of the response at the top levels of government and a clear example of a total and abject lack of leadership in some places.

If you had private healthcare but literally almost anyone else in office - be it Hillary, or Mittens, or Obama, or even GWB, the US response would not be this pathetic.
The US does not have enough medical equipment or enough beds. The hospital I was treated in when I was nearly killed shuttered its doors earlier this year because of our current system. They intentionally bankrupted it so that they could sell the building to make luxury condos. They put a bunch of med students and health care professionals on the street with no plan to move them elsewhere. It's far from the first time this has happened.

Trump has taken everything to the extreme in terms of how bad it can be, but we've been making ourselves unprepared dating back long before Trump came about.

Bernie has already pushed Joe to the left as he adopted plans from him and Warren. Bernie still has leverage to say he wants to sit down with Biden and discuss other plans that would be beneficial to working people, etc...
The virus thing is the perfect out for him to step down without seeming like he is quitting because he is so far behind..
Tell everyone to unite against Trump and then hopefully follow through by working his butt off to do it.

Biden needs to hire a bunch of Bernie's staff and learn from them, and be willing to tout Bernie's help and efforts to beat Trump.

Hello! Neither do we in Canada or in Europe!

I don’t know what you think is happening here that’s so much better.

Yeah, this is the ridiculous part about how M4A would make this all better. The only thing that makes this better is if we had early, serious, confident, factual response from the White House. We did not.

Europe is currently doing worse than we are, and has all the same hospital overflow issues.

The only part of the M4A plan that would help is that there wouldn't need to be House measures passed to give free testing and things.
And it's mute at this point anyway. If Biden is president, you can bet that this will reshape the way that any new healthcare plans are constructed.

UBI is going to be a necessity going forward, period.

Companies are going to push even harder for automation knowing that 70% of it's workforce will be out sick at any given time in this next year.

If we had competent leadership I'd feel a little more at ease, but with Trump and GOP it's Tax Cuts and any way to grift the system.

We don't buy WHO test kits because we have to line Kushner's pockets with his brother's Oscar medical company.

This is going to take World War economic efforts.

Tax the extreme rich 90%
Tax corporations nearly the same

We need revenue to be able to pay people for time off. Companies like Amazon which will be utilized even more so during this (which they'll probably roll out drones even faster now) should absolutely share some burden.

I don't know if it'll happen, but this pandemic is going to force us to possibly reboot the economy. Can we reboot it in a positive manner?

Bernie is "assessing" his campaign.

So it's basically over. Not that anyone is paying attention anymore.

He won't. He was toast coming out of April in 2016, yet still fought till the end.

This has always been about his ego, himself. He should take pride in the fact that these policies he's been screaming about for decades are now more mainstream.

He got Biden to adapt his and Warren's more progressive plan. I believe Joe realizes the task at hand is going to be much worse than Obama taking over in 2008.

I think he'll bring on the right people, but even then it might not be enough.

Donald Trump ran the US like his business, and he's not done with the damage yet.

We need a stop gap, and the people have voted. They just want "normal" again

I think the virus is going to reverse all the religious fanatics....

over at the other forum they have a QAnon thread that's now 17 pages long where one person in particular unquestioningly regurgitates every bit of Q nonsense under the guise of "just discussing interesting theories". at the same time, this person firmly and absolutely believes that every bit of the russia collusion story was 100% a hoax made up entirely by the FBI and the democrats solely to stop trump. any mention of russian collusion whatsoever is met with the exact same derision and mockery that this forum generally has for this dipshit QAnon and pizzagate nonsense.

i really don't understand how a human can get out of bed in the morning with a brain that functions like that.

over at the other forum they have a QAnon thread that's now 17 pages long where one person in particular unquestioningly regurgitates every bit of Q nonsense under the guise of "just discussing interesting theories". at the same time, this person firmly and absolutely believes that every bit of the russia collusion story was 100% a hoax made up entirely by the FBI and the democrats solely to stop trump. any mention of russian collusion whatsoever is met with the exact same derision and mockery that this forum generally has for this dipshit QAnon and pizzagate nonsense.

i really don't understand how a human can get out of bed in the morning with a brain that functions like that.
They operate in the upside down

MV5BM2Q5MjljYjItZTY4YS00YzczLTlhNjktY2EzYzhhMTJmYjU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTczMTE0MDM@._V1_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom