US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2020, 11:11 PM   #181
War Child

Local Time: 03:51 PM
I don't trust either of them and won't vote for either of them.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:14 PM   #182
War Child

Old 03-10-2020, 11:14 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I don't trust either of them and won't vote for either of them.
So you’re voting for Trump then.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:15 PM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Not worth a response.

From exit polls, it Looks like WA that Sanders won by 48 points, will go to Biden, and maybe not by a little.

No need to proclaim a former caucus delta is anything like a primary.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
We've had plenty of disagreements DaveC. But thank you for this response, I have to say that this is what I think 99% of Sanders supporters will get to. There is no bigger threat to our country, and frankly, the world order, than to do anything to help Trump. I would vote for Gabbard over Trump. I wouldn't like it, it would worry me, but I would do it.
Yep, kudos to Dave C as well for a grounded response. Plus he said nice things about Biffy Clyro song once.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Joe Biden would dump all of these things in a heartbeat to make a deal with Republicans to increase funding for Romneycare by a couple of million dollars. I do not trust him or believe him when he says he's on the side of vulnerable people, and he has a decades-long track record to prove that.

Basically any argument in Joe Biden's favor is one I can refute by pointing to his own words and actions. The man has not, cannot, and will not earn my vote. I don't trust him to be a leader or stand for the things I value and the people who need help the most.
trump has proven again and again that he's anti-vulnerable people, though. and he surrounds himself with people who actively and openly persecute those vulnerable people, and there's a track record to prove that.

biden unquestionably fucking sucks, i totally agree 1000% with you. but with his adminstration there's at least a fair chance that the boot that's on the neck of those poor people stops trying to grind in quite as much as it is right now.

it's not the ideal option, but is it not worth relieving the pressure a bit?
Old 03-10-2020, 11:18 PM   #187
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
So you’re voting for Trump then.
The DNC is voting for Trump by rallying around and forcing through this senile old man with a horrific political history, who is all but guaranteed to lose barring a societal fracture caused by a simultaneous pandemic and economic collapse that throws everything into chaos.

The Democratic Party wants to spit in the face of the left and then blame them for their inability to stop the looming fascism on the right. Fuck that and fuck this argument you are making.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:20 PM   #188
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
trump has proven again and again that he's anti-vulnerable people, though. and he surrounds himself with people who actively and openly persecute those vulnerable people, and there's a track record to prove that.

biden unquestionably fucking sucks, i totally agree 1000% with you. but with his adminstration there's at least a fair chance that the boot that's on the neck of those poor people stops trying to grind in quite as much as it is right now.

it's not the ideal option, but is it not worth relieving the pressure a bit?
I'm not voting for the guy who will let everyone calmly say "Things are back to normal!" because he hired politer ICE agents to carry out the mass deportations. I'm not voting for the guy who vocally supported George W. Bush's plan to murder innocent civilians and put a medal around his neck well after the body count eclipsed one million people. I'm not voting for the guy who said in his mid-60s that abortion is not a right.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:23 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm not voting for the guy who will let everyone calmly say "Things are back to normal!" because he hired politer ICE agents to carry out the mass deportations. I'm not voting for the guy who vocally supported George W. Bush's plan to murder innocent civilians and put a medal around his neck well after the body count eclipsed one million people. I'm not voting for the guy who said in his mid-60s that abortion is not a right.
fair enough. i'm pragmatic to a fault so we see it differently.

i admire your conviction. you always stick to your guns and you have fair reasoning and courage to back up what you say. go phils
Old 03-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #190
Blue Crack Supplier

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1291.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	12427
Old 03-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #191
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Not worth a response.
Should have stuck with this
Old 03-11-2020, 12:15 AM   #192
Blue Crack Supplier

Like, we will have at least two SCOTUS vacancies fairly soon.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:38 AM   #193
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

You’re right, we should totally walk away from this election and give Trump two more SCOTUS seats because the dem candidate isn’t ideal. That’s by far the better outcome for the left and its hopes for this country.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:42 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

I have a way of changing peef’s mind.

If you don’t vote for the alternative to Trump in November, I will never live down your criticism of me having done what you’re doing in 2012.

I will be so smug and in your face. I will proclaim ultimate interference vindication.

Eh, sounds pretty bad right
Old 03-11-2020, 12:56 AM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
You’re right, we should totally walk away from this election and give Trump two more SCOTUS seats because the dem candidate isn’t ideal. That’s by far the better outcome for the left and its hopes for this country.
Seriously. I have yet to see any examples of how not voting has somehow magically changed things for the better.

Also, given this year marks 100 years since women won the right to vote, I have to say, hearing anyone talk about how they won't vote if they don't get the candidate they want really irks me. If I hear a woman or POC saying that, to me, that seems a slap in the face to all those who fought to give them that right. And if it's a white male, who's never had to fight for that right at all, saying that, that's especially insulting.

As for the mention of Biden's stumbles with his words and whatnot, I mean...Bernie had a heart attack last year. Whether it's Trump, Biden, or Sanders, we're all choosing between three old men who have some kind of health problems, so frankly, that argument's pretty irrelevant at this point no matter who you're supporting. But at least the chances are good that Biden or Bernie would pick a decent (and likely younger) VP, so that if, God forbid, something happens to either of them, we'll still have somebody competent and healthy enough to take their place. I'll happily take that over the chances of a President Pence.

I think we've all made it pretty well clear in here where our personal preferences lie, and most of my preferences have already dropped out at this point. And between Biden and Bernie I'd be more aligned with Bernie, myself.

But if Biden wins the nomination, he's getting my vote. No question. Because I'm not just voting for him, and the fact remains that this is not an election we can afford to sit on the sidelines for. Sorry. It's not. I am not putting up with four more years of this insanity.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:28 AM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:21 AM
Man, I didn't think there'd be a likely Dem nominee who makes Hillary look infallible by comparison, but here we are. It's absolutely gross negligence that Biden in his rapidly deteriorating mental state is more or less about to become the main challenger to Trump - simply because the opportunity for a step towards mild social democracy is too much to handle for some.

I could stomach Buttigieg or Warren, even if the former is a vacuum of ideas, but it's so difficult to understand how this version of Biden is at all palatable.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
fair enough. i'm pragmatic to a fault so we see it differently.

i admire your conviction. you always stick to your guns and you have fair reasoning and courage to back up what you say. go phils

I simultaneously agree with both of these posts, unsurprisingly.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:16 AM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Man, I didn't think there'd be a likely Dem nominee who makes Hillary look infallible by comparison, but here we are. It's absolutely gross negligence that Biden in his rapidly deteriorating mental state is more or less about to become the main challenger to Trump - simply because the opportunity for a step towards mild social democracy is too much to handle for some.

I could stomach Buttigieg or Warren, even if the former is a vacuum of ideas, but it's so difficult to understand how this version of Biden is at all palatable.

I agree. I am very underwhelmed by who the party has settled with, and that’s what it feels like to me - settling.

Regardless of policy and ideology - considering there was such a vast field of candidates, there were plenty along the way that I feel could have been enigmatic enough as a fresh candidate to take on Trump. Many withdrew before it got to the crunch, but I gravitated to quite a few. Warren, Buttigieg, Booker, O’Rourke, Harris, even Bloomberg offered something new to get behind (if not much else). But a bumbling Biden it is.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:16 AM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So if you and people like you stay home and Trump gets re-elected, we’ll come back to you when Ruth Ginsburg passes away. Or when Trump’s DOJ starts prosecuting members of the press that disagree with him.

Conviction and dedication is fine until it becomes irresponsible.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #199
Blue Crack Distributor

Maybe instead of blaming the Democratic voters for making a decision, some blame can be cast towards the candidate who had a major lead and absolutely blew it by his inability to reach out to African American voters in South Carolina. A guy who refused to even reach out to Jim Clyburn, which likely would have put him over the top and given him the nomination, because "he's not my politics."

If Joe Biden's so terrible, how was Bernie Sanders ever going to beat Donald Trump if he couldn't beat Biden? Don't give me this "it's rigged by the establishment" bullshit. Sanders had a giant lead and Biden was dead - no money and no infrastructure. All Sanders had to do was play nice a little bit. And hey, I kind of respect that he's so set in his ideals that he refused to compromise even a bit. That's admirable. It's also a really shitty way to get elected in a national race. He did this to himself. Blame him.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #200
Blue Crack Supplier

I, for one, blame churchy black voters in South Carolina for not realizing how much of a racist Joe Biden is. Or professional women voters in the VA suburbs for not realizing what a sexist hair sniffer he is.

It is, of course, progressive to dismiss or diminish the African American community and women and the message these groups overwhelmingly sent through their votes.

We need more white milennials to teach them these things.