US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Listen. I have my beef with some Bernie supporters. But they will fucking swarm and devour anybody tweeting like this if it's Sanders/Trump.

It could be wild.

Ok. so NV. Looks like I was almost spot on with my guess on the first choice ballot.

But off on the realignment.

At this point, it looks like almost all of Steyers realignment went to Sanders. Right?

[tweet]1231347921322463232[/tweet]

When Sanders talks about the Democratic establishment, he is referring to this. I think most voters understand it is not about them; it's about a small group of elites who have sold the soul of the party too many times.

I've never heard of Chris Matthews prior to the other day but the guy's absolutely losing it. Bloody hell.

When Sanders talks about the Democratic establishment, he is referring to this. I think most voters understand it is not about them; it's about a small group of elites who have sold the soul of the party too many times.

I don't know enough about the disciplinary system within the Democratic party, but anyone voting with Trump at least 70% of the time should be expelled. There should be no tolerance for it.

i encourage anyone who thinks that sanders is divisive and just constantly criticizes everyone and everything that isn't already on his side to watch tonight's victory speech.

My concern was never really with Bernie himself - I think that he can run a capable campaign, he obviously is very charismatic (as opposed to let's say the wet paper bag that is Bloomberg) and his supporters will at least go to direct war to the death with the MAGA crowd which has been allowed to loudly bray over the rest of humanity for the last 3+ years.

My concern is with the Senate and Congressional races. Bernie doesn't do anything outside of his own campaign IMO. And to be fair, this was one of the biggest criticisms I had of Obama and his people - they had built an incredible electoral machine but really had no interest in down ticket races and so his prize was dealing with McConnell. Just stupid and shortsighted. IF Bloomberg is willing to spend a billion on downticket races in the event that Bernie is the nominee then I think they may be in the bag. But that's a big, big, big if.

I definitely get this. But we also have to remember that we have the majority in the house in large part because Democrats that were very moderate, much more moderate or even slightly conservative to my taste won in very red districts. State races need to be run by Democrats that can win in that state. Putting up someone just because they are progressive in a very conservative area, just weakens our numbers in the houses.

I would rather the party start to cultivate great candidates in those red areas that aren't as conservative. Look at McGrath and McConnell. She's no progressive, but she has an impressive background that could actually make that race winnable.

It would appear that the answer to the "did the debate move the needle at all" question is a resounding "not at all"

Absolutely. The fact that Warren seems to have stayed static, and Bloomberg only lost about 2 points in a poll following the debate. Shows you that this race has solidified much more than people have been saying.

Amy definitely needs to go. Warren will have to after SC. Where she will probably finish 4th or 5th. She is picking up zero delegates in either of these two races.

It really is amazing that an actual white nationalist is a top aide to the President and it’s gotten almost no coverage in the major press. Absolutely wild.

Remember, a woman came out with detailed account of Trump raping her in a dressing room, and is actively using legal measures to get Trump's DNA to test against a dress.

This was a one day story, and the DNA story didn't even make the news.

Nothing matters anymore.

The president is not a billionaire, is not a real estate developer, has real legitimate lifelong mob connections that are well documented, has committed numerous crimes in plain sight, has dozens of legitimate sexual assault accusations, including his own ex-wife.

Nobody should be shocked by anything.

Remember, a woman came out with detailed account of Trump raping her in a dressing room, and is actively using legal measures to get Trump's DNA to test against a dress.

Nothing matters anymore.

Just wait for the coronavirus hits the US hard. We are not prepared at all, and I’m not calling for mass death...I’m calling for mass shit show.

Think about how people without insurance (and in some cases people with really bad insurance) react when they get sick now. They tough it out for two reasons.

They can’t afford to see a doctor
They can’t afford to take time off work to recover.

The company i contract with sent out a mass email mid week saying if you’re feeling sick, stay home. If you can work from home, do it. Glad they’re pushing it.

If i were Sanders, I’d be pushing M4A on this very point. People need access to healthcare for the potential of an outbreak

Anyway. Let’s see if Amy and Warren drop out. Really surprised about Warren but the media erased her campaign and that’s been too difficult to overcome.

Curious if Trump starts attacking Bernie or does he wait until June to unleash ?

Nothing matters anymore.

Since the 2016 election I’ve had my “Mr. Burns germ theory” for why nothing seems to stick to Trump. It’s all based on this scene from the Simpsons: https://youtu.be/aI0euMFAWF8.

Essentially, the germs in this scene are Trump’s scandals. Trump has so many scandals and examples of shitty things he’s done that none can break through the metaphorical door and sink him for good.

If anyone wonders why longtime Democrats worry about Sanders heading to the nomination, Just watch the Joy Reid interview with Nina Turner. That was on tonight, at 10 Eastern on 2/22/20.

Joy brings up the tweet that pissed me off last night, about he Democratic Establishment.
She asks Nina in about 8 different ways if they know that they will need the Democratic voters that voted for Clinton last time in order to win. Each time she deflects and never concedes that the tweet is not the best way to bring about unity or broaden his base.
Nina replies with - the people we talk to on the trail, never ask about what party you belong to, they just want to know if you will stand up for them.

I've got news for you Nina. There are tens of millions of people who are proud to be Democrats and don't like to be labeled as the enemy. I've voted Democratic since 1996, straight blue down every ballot I've ever had in front of me. Because I'm a Democrat.

That's fairly terrifying if that is actually what they think. I would hope Bernie would know better, and she's just putting spin on a really stupid tweet. But if they are too wrapped in their own bubble, it is going to not just be harder for him to get the nomination, but will even harder to win the general than it already will be.

Last edited:
news flash: politician's spokesperson refuses to give direct answer. more at 11.

Yeah, but you can avoid the answer and not say something ignorant like people don't care what party they belong to. I just think they are naive. And I think that when Bernie was getting 20,000 people to come out to a rally in Portland, OR. He got this feeling like he was supposed to be the nominee in 2016, and all these people were coming to his rallies, so he must have more support than Clinton. So hopefully just regular bullshit spin, cause if not. God help us.

That said. Bravo to Bernie on his work with Latino voters. Amazing, and a lesson to the longtime Democrats.
if Bernie gets to the general, and he can take a huge chunk out of Trump's (inexplicable) 29% Latino support. It could be a real game changer.

It looks like Tulsi may end up with about 100 votes in NV. I can't wait to see how she does in Super Tuesday!!

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1231335345771417600?s=19

The Purge of the last two weeks will ensure that the entire force of the federal government will squash all news of wrong doing by the administration.

But it's also going to be used to launch investigations and pursue right wing conspiracy theories about whomever the Democratic nominee is.

We've already lost.

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1231335345771417600?s=19

The Purge of the last two weeks will ensure that the entire force of the federal government will squash all news of wrong doing by the administration.

But it's also going to be used to launch investigations and pursue right wing conspiracy theories about whomever the Democratic nominee is.

We've already lost.
Yep. I've been saying it for about a week now. Trump is going to be reelected for 2 reasons

1. Bernie
2. He's going to cheat again right out in the open and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom