US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2020, 02:29 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:28 AM
In South Carolina.

Steyer comes in at 3

Biden probably comes in first with Sanders close behind

If Sanders edges out Biden, he should give up.

I only expect Biden to win about one third of the primaries he had locked up awhile back
Sanders will benefit from Steyer's and even more so Bloomberg's money fueled egos.

Without their hundreds of millions eroding Biden's support these primaries would look a lot different.

If the 600 - 700 million had been spend on Senate campaigns it would have a lot more impact.

Steyer's need to impeach campaign" seems like it could have been calculated to launch his presidential campaign. These billionaire's egos put a lot of wind in Sanders sails.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:28 PM
rot in hell (aka riker's island), harvey weinstein

Old 02-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #143
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Forgive me if you've seen this already. I find it to be a pretty disturbing survey of how widespread the disinformation is.

i don't think this qualifies as disinformation -- i think this is an assemblage of punditry and isn't masquerading as "the news." it's people giving their opinion (i.e., Jennifer Rubin is a WaPo columnist who was a Romney Republican and is now a never-Trumper but is freaked out by Bernie Sanders and she's on TV a lot, which is her job) and it's cut together in such a way as to suggest there's some sort of corporate media wall trying to shut the True Bernie out. it's literally as slanted as it's suggesting the subjects of it's critique are.

it wouldn't be hard to stitch together something that plays as it's total opposite drawing from the same news sources.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yikes.
DOW down 1,000 points.

I think it's Obama's fault. Or Bernie's. We'll see what Lord Trump says.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

4:42 PM · Feb 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Yeah, who cares about all those dead people and the looming threat here.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Old 02-24-2020, 07:36 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

I just don’t understand what Michael Bloomberg is doing.

How egotistical must that man be to think he can be nominated at this point? He’s literally burning cash in front of America and it’s too late. The irony behind all of this is it plays so freaking well for Bernie Sanders. To date, this is still Sanders vs. Biden. People seem to think Biden is done with no hope but the reality is that Biden is the only one with the infrastructure to campaign his way through the nation, even with the supposed cash issue he has. Odds are if it’s not Sanders, it’s still Biden. Bloomberg is actually just eating into that share, dividing any Sanders opposition (along with the rest of them) and quite literally being the one pacent of the one pacent... literally standing on a pedestal in front of Sanders to be made an example of.

Alls I’m saying is... Bloomberg is a gift wrapped with a bow made out to Bernie.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

How long before speculation comes out that Bloomberg is a secret agent for Trump.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Nah, Bloomberg already spent Trump’s fortune twice over.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:26 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

I don't believe it, but after 2016 many came to the conclusion that Stein was a Russian asset for Trump.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

That’s because people are too stupid to realize a politician finds it hard to push disavow interference in their favor. Caring Stein or Gabbard or Trump an “asset” because Russia prefers Trump to win is stupid. Don’t undermine interference, here or there.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:35 PM   #151
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I mean, we've seen what's happened when they've issued subpoenas thus far. Either people feel they don't have to honor them or they're intimidated into not abiding by them.

And unfortunately at this point any hearings are likely just going to be white noise to most people, given how the impeachment trial played out. This administration, and those connected to them, have already made it clear they don't have to do shit in regards to laws and demands. So I really don't know what more the Democrats could do at this point.

I'm fully with you that they should happen, but I don't think the reason the Democrats aren't doing it is because they somehow think things will just return to normal. I think a lot of them are well aware that things aren't normal. Just that it's hard to know what to do when you've got an administration that refuses to play by any of the rules, and for whatever reason, anytime you try and fight back, somehow it winds up backfiring on you.
I tend to agree here. Still.... maybe I'll give my Rep a ring to subpoena Bolton. It really is frustrating to try and angle the best approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Regardless of who the nominee is, and Bernie certainly has all the advantage as of now, the Democratic turnout has to be absolutely enormous to have a fighting chance against all manner of election theft.

That means Obama needs to be on the campaign trail, and I mean both Barack and Michelle, Bruce Springsteen doing free shows all over the place in PA, OH, MI, etc., Oprah stumping if they can get her and so on. + Bloomberg committing a billion would be really nice. None of this is funny anymore.
It really has to be an all out effort as much as possible by everyone.

I've designed, drawn, then xeroxed posters for my neighborhood and also put them up in other areas like colleges against Republican candidates since 2000. I'm a professional Graphic Designer. I've done other GOTV efforts off and on since the late 60's.

One year I specifically did one poster about the more we turn the less chance they can cheat us out of a Dem win (if we really win). So thanks, anitram - by reminding me of this I'm going to think how I can make a better poster with this theme for Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Buh, byyyeeee - Harvey Wenstein.

It's good to get some kind of win and acknowledgement about just how serious, how damaging in many different ways this vile behavior is.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Honestly I don't feel that passionately about this election.

I don't think 4 years of a Sanders presidency of 4 more of Trump will do irreparable harm.

also, I don't think Trump easily beats Sanders.
This is a lot like 2016, where the party establishment panicked with each Trump win, the Dems were gleeful.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #153
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
How long before speculation comes out that Bloomberg is a secret agent for Trump.
Give me a fucking break
Old 02-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #154
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
That’s because people are too stupid to realize a politician finds it hard to push disavow interference in their favor. Caring Stein or Gabbard or Trump an “asset” because Russia prefers Trump to win is stupid. Don’t undermine interference, here or there.

What about when they openly solicit favors and then make key concessions after having won?

Asking for a friend.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
What about when they openly solicit favors and then make key concessions after having won?

Asking for a friend.

To be an asset implies you’re either actively working in the interests of the other party either as a double agent or as a hostage or whatever.

Trump’s collusion with Russia was in his own interest. It just so happens that interests aligned with Russia. There’s no evidence that he’s in any way a Russian asset (though sure the speculation is fair if pee tapes are there ).
Old 02-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

I believe the 2016 Russian interference in the election was intended to create chaos.
Everyone predicted Hillary to win. Even Trump was expecting to lose. That he won by a few thousand voted in 4 or 5 states, is truly a fluke. To say that the Russians were able to mastermind that is silly.

The Russians hoped to have the Tea Party types and avid Trumpers shut down the country calling for Hillary's impeachment. Instead they got the opposite, but got the chaos they wanted. A bitterly divided county.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
To be an asset implies you’re either actively working in the interests of the other party either as a double agent or as a hostage or whatever.

Trump’s collusion with Russia was in his own interest. It just so happens that interests aligned with Russia. There’s no evidence that he’s in any way a Russian asset (though sure the speculation is fair if pee tapes are there ).

Is it correct to say he colluded?

Muller had what, 2 years and 200 million dollars and a couple dozen crack attorneys.

And with all that he said they found no evidence of Trump collusion with Russia,
Old 02-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Is it correct to say he colluded?

Muller had what, 2 years and 200 million dollars and a couple dozen crack attorneys.

And with all that he said they found no evidence of Trump collusion with Russia,

Not sure where you got that. The Mueller report clearly says there’s no legal definition of collusion ... but 1) the Trump campaign aimed to converse directly with Russia, 2) they aimed to benefit from DNC hacks, 3) Russia attempted to hack Clinton’s emails after Trump publicly requested they do so, and 4) significant members within the Trump campaign had troubling ties to Russia.

You can call it what you want, but the report absolutely didn’t say they found no collusion.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:30 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Election turnout is or is not important for a Democratic win?

Turnout of a fired up (and ready to go) contingency seems more important.

Looking back to 1992 we have had turnouts from 47% to 58+%

Candidates that fill areas seem yo do the best. Obama, Trump and perhaps Bernie?

The 47% turnout was a landside democratic win.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:32 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

Oh lookie here, Bernie is disavowing everything Russia and your target “Bernie Bros.”

What will it be next...