US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #901
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i feel like kamala harris would probably rather hold out for the attorney general position than be VP.
I hate it when you make so much sense. I mean really. AG has actual power and influence. The VP does not.

Here is the issue with Biden choosing a VP, and some really great points have been made here.

Abrams would be awesome, but is she too inexperienced right now? But GA possibly going blue? wow. (First female VP, First AA VP, energizing speaker/campaigner)

Harris would be awesome, but again, AG... and she isn't going to bring a state with her.
(First female VP, First AA VP, good campaigner, great debater)

Warren would actually be a cool idea of a "unity" ticket. But would she want it? She knows she does more as a Senator than a VP, if we take the senate. And she is not going to bring a state along with her. (First female VP, great debater - can you imagine Liz vs. Pence)

Tammy Baldwin - Lesser known and may not really be as exciting as these other choices. But would lock up WI, probably the most delicate of states to flip back to blue after 2016.
(First female VP, First gay VP)

Someone asked about a male choice. I think the only two would be Booker or Castro.
Castro already hitched his wagon to Warren, so not sure he would go for it. But of the two, if FL and TX are both on the edge of flipping back to blue, Castro could push them over the edge. (First Latino VP, great debater)

I wanna say that Jerry had mentioned a female Hispanic choice, but I forgot her name. Anyone remember? Would like to find out more about her.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #902
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:03 PM
Warren would be the obvious choice if she weren't also in her 70s.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #903
Blue Crack Distributor

Looking like Bernie will take California by 8 points over Biden, 33 to 25 - a significantly closer race than anyone expected a week ago... but Bloomberg and Warren will both not make 15%.

Also this

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1...014544897?s=19
Old 03-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yeah, I live just outside of the city, and spent most of the night in the closet. But was ok.
just sad for the city.
Glad you're all right . My heart breaks for everyone in that area, the footage I've seen is just unreal and horrifying.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #905
Blue Crack Addict

https://twitter.com/markmobility/sta...61732046610438

but hunter biden.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #906
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And nice for Justice Roberts to speak up with Chuck says something stupid, yet sits idle during impeachment and when Trump attacks his fellow justices
Old 03-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #907
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
And nice for Justice Roberts to speak up with Chuck says something stupid, yet sits idle during impeachment and when Trump attacks his fellow justices
Yes, but Schumer still shouldn't have said what he said the way he said it.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #908
Blue Crack Distributor

Warren Out.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #909
Blue Crack Supplier

Wonder if she'll endorse Bernie.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #910
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I hate it when you make so much sense. I mean really. AG has actual power and influence. The VP does not.
The AG spot makes zero sense if Kamala has any interest whatsoever in being president. In the modern era, being AG is political suicide, it is the single position with the most negative baggage you could bring. If she is thinking strategically about the future, she'd pass. But if she's decided she's done running for president, then I agree she would be excellent.

Bye Liz. You were too good for American politics.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:41 AM   #911
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The AG spot makes zero sense if Kamala has any interest whatsoever in being president. In the modern era, being AG is political suicide, it is the single position with the most negative baggage you could bring. If she is thinking strategically about the future, she'd pass. But if she's decided she's done running for president, then I agree she would be excellent.

Bye Liz. You were too good for American politics.
Very good post on all points. Maybe VP would be the better choice to see if she could spring board it into a presidential run.

First, very sad about Liz. Would have loved to have her be our first female president.

Second,
A couple random things hanging around from last night/this morning. - to avoid multiple posts.

Saw a Bernie surrogate on last night that was saying the "establishment" is again "picking" the candidate they want to win. That was absurd enough, since the "establishment" had tossed Joe in the trash can almost a month ago, before voters came and grabbed him out and said, no, this is who we want.
Then she said, it's just like 2016, and "the definition of insanity to doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results". OMG. Seriously. A Bernie surrogate saying that is just about the most ironic thing I've ever heard.
If that really is the definition of insanity, then Crazy Bernie is actually quite an apt nickname.

Also, another Bernie surrogate, asked about the Sanders ad that uses Obama's voice, cut from 4 different speeches to paste together a supportive statement of Bernie. He was shocked and insulted that it was being called disingenuous. So now Bernie is ok with the "establishment" I guess.

And last - Would hope we get some new polling out of the next round of primary states very soon...
Old 03-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #912
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status...06465244565504

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status...07202062159872
Old 03-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #913
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Sorry, I'm still doing multiple posts. But this is just astounding. I mean... wow

New St.Pete Poll for FL primary.

(Change since Feb 26):

Biden 61% (+27)
Bloomberg 14% (-11)
Sanders 12% (-1)
Warren 5% (-2)

(Poll Conducted Mar 4)

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/...78202753466368

Florida has 219 delegates
Old 03-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #914
Blue Crack Supplier

In other shocking news, Aaron Schock finally came out publicly.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #915
Blue Crack Distributor

Biden had no money, didn't even have a campaign office in some of the states he won, was left for dead as soon as a week ago, and the voters who launched his comeback were largely people of color.

But sure - it's the establishment maaaaaaaaaaan
Old 03-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #916
Blue Crack Supplier

Bernie won't break 30%. in California.

ceiling.

the greater electability argument is over.

sure, he could beat Trump in the general. but the idea that he is a better choice vis-a-vis greater turnout amongst the youngs and the nons is dead.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #917
Blue Crack Addict

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/the-f...n-8f5ca2b4b557

Deeply touching.

Quote:
So if you leave with only one thing, it must be this: Choose to fight only righteous fights, because then when things get tough — and they will — you will know that there is only option ahead of you. Nevertheless, you must persist.

When I left one place, I took everything I’d learned before and all the good ideas that were tucked into my brain and all the good friends that were tucked in my heart, and I brought it all forward with me — and it became part of what I did next. This campaign is no different. I may not be in the race for president in 2020, but this fight — our fight — is not over. And our place in this fight has not ended.

One last story: When I voted yesterday at the elementary school down the street, a mom came up to me. And she said she has two small children, and they have a nightly ritual. After the kids have brushed teeth and read books and gotten that last sip of water and done all the other bedtime routines, they do one last thing before the two little ones go to sleep.

Mama leans over them and whispers, “Dream big.” And the children together reply, “Fight hard.”

Our work continues, the fight goes on, and big dreams never die.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And so we are left with mediocre white men again.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #918
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Biden had no money, didn't even have a campaign office in some of the states he won, was left for dead as soon as a week ago, and the voters who launched his comeback were largely people of color.

I think the best case scenario is that Biden has clearly had an organic rise from actual voters, not the hand of the DNC, and if he can win a very decisive victory that even Bernie would have no agrument against, it would make the transition to the general light years more positive and productive.

It looks like ALL of Bloombergs losses went straight to Biden. It also looks like all of Amy and Pete's support went to him as well. Pete and Amy had 16 points between them, Mike lost 11 points, and Biden gained 27, the exact number.

If that holds, his number would be around 75% in FL. Again, astounding is probably too mild of a term to use here. Question will be if Sanders gets 15% because of Warren's departure.

Looking at the map ahead, My best guess, if things go as we are seeing them (not a sure thing by any stretch) Biden could have around 1200 delegates by March 18th.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #919
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post

And so we are left with mediocre white men again.
I need to amend this because it is an insult to all mediocre white men to imply that Trump is one of them.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #920
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

yes, surely multiple candidates dropping out and endorsing him in addition to receiving multiple endorsements from congresspeople the day before super tuesday had absolutely no effect on the outcome. the notion that the democrat establishment had anything to do with it is just another one of crazy bernie’s whacko conspiracy theories.