US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #641
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Ummm, I know enough to know it needs to end. I know enough to know that words spoken of an enemy by a President when he’s trying to broker a peace are completely different than a socialist /millionaire running for President , who’s never held a real job, or contributed anything to anyone but himself, praising dictators who influenced his bad policies.



But of course , the tribalism around here, you’re so narrow minded that you could never admit that Trump could actually do a good thing (which he’s actually done plenty of good things for America these last 3.5 years in spite of himself).



That’s why after four years, the best and most talented people you have to offer are Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.



Good luck with that


You’re a joke if you’re literally going to quote me and claim that I’m the narrow minded individus who could never admit that Trump could actually do a good thing.

I’m literally the captain of fucking calling people out for criticizing false Trump narratives, and only providing criticism to the points where I feel it is justified. Just further proof that you don’t read anything here whatsoever and just bark your (absolutely tribal) thoughts without offering substance.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 03-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #642
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 12:48 AM
US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of

I’m glad Pete did the right thing and is out.

I’m also hugely embarrassed for and by the gays/queers who were so shockingly nasty to him on social media. Not liking his platform is one thing, the personal nature of the attacks often left my jaw on the floor.

But, hey, we’ve all been taught to hate ourselves from the day we were born. The bullied become the bullies.
__________________

Irvine511 is online now  
Old 03-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #643
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,725
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I’m literally the captain of fucking calling people out for criticizing false Trump narratives
Seriously, I love the people coming in and continuing to claim that we're all "sports team" and all share some kind of hivemind or something. Clearly they haven't read any of the discussions and debates we've had about the Democratic field, or any of our critiques and frustrations about how they are and aren't handling a lot of what's happening of late.
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #644
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,374
Local Time: 11:48 PM
https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/sta...136730113?s=19
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #645
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Ummm, I know enough to know it needs to end. I know enough to know that words spoken of an enemy by a President when he’s trying to broker a peace are completely different than a socialist /millionaire running for President , who’s never held a real job, or contributed anything to anyone but himself, praising dictators who influenced his bad policies.



But of course , the tribalism around here, you’re so narrow minded that you could never admit that Trump could actually do a good thing (which he’s actually done plenty of good things for America these last 3.5 years in spite of himself).



That’s why after four years, the best and most talented people you have to offer are Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.



Good luck with that


The Gzus right:

“We must invade, 9/11 USA!”
“Obama released prisoners, lock him for treason!”
“We need a leader that won’t project to the enemy when we’re withdrawing.”
“Obama emboldened the Taliban, there’s no he’s Moslem.”

*3 years pass, Trump hands us a reheated rerun

“Your tribalism won’t let you recognize the brilliance of Orange Gzus”
“I’m not even a fan of Trump, blah blah blah, socialist never had a real job, plantation, witch hunt.”
BVS is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #646
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,374
Local Time: 11:48 PM
He's just an independent conservative, folks. Cut him some slack
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,548
Local Time: 04:48 AM
The Taliban truce lasted barely a day
BEAL is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #648
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,123
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
The Taliban truce lasted barely a day
The best tweet I saw was "I guess the Taliban read the art of the deal".
mikal is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #649
The Fly
 
Magnus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 194
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I’m glad Pete did the right thing and is out.

I’m also hugely embarrassed for and by the gays/queers who were so shockingly nasty to him on social media. Not liking his platform is one thing, the personal nature of the attacks often left my jaw on the floor.

But, hey, we’ve all been taught to hate ourselves from the day we were born. The bullied become the bullies.
I am really surprised Mayor Pete dropped out, he had plenty of money and he won Iowa. Further he was the most intelligent and articulate of all the candidates.. I thought for sure he would hang on until Wednesday and see how many delegates he took to increase his leverage on the platform. My theory is he was offered something, perhaps a shot at VP. He is a little young and getting in the admin of the winning candidate will certainly boost his bonafides for the future.
Magnus Maximus is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #650
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 12:48 AM
He probably got an assured cabinet position from multiple candidates. A position way higher than mayor of small city. Can run again later with more credentials and maybe with a better relationship with the black community.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #651
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
I am really surprised Mayor Pete dropped out, he had plenty of money and he won Iowa. Further he was the most intelligent and articulate of all the candidates.. I thought for sure he would hang on until Wednesday and see how many delegates he took to increase his leverage on the platform. My theory is he was offered something, perhaps a shot at VP. He is a little young and getting in the admin of the winning candidate will certainly boost his bonafides for the future.


Or maybe he was a CIA plant the whole time and sent to stop Sanders.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #652
The Fly
 
Magnus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 194
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
The best tweet I saw was "I guess the Taliban read the art of the deal".
The problem is that Afghanistan is a multi tribal, multi ethnic , multi lingual polyglot state.

You have Pashtoons, and Arabs, Turkic people like Uzbeks and Turkomen, the Nuri who think they are Greek and descended from Alexander.

The tribes exercise control, not the Taliban, the Taliban cant even control the Taliban, there are multiple Talibans. Just as there are multiple insurgencies.

Bottom line, its great we got a peace deal with the "taliban" But it really doesnt mean shit becuase you have too many factions, too many warlords, and too many agendas. It the end of the day for some a peace deal is a good move, for others it will hurt them politically, some want the US to stay, others want us the f out.

I was there doing IO for the Army from 2010-2011- I sat in on meetings with Governors, Mayors, regional leaders etc, I saw what US infrastructure development teams were doing, the people didn't really care they just stole and money grubbed us. Its a f uped mess.

We just need to go, and tell them it's simple, you support terrorism we will bomb the shit out of you. It's your country figure out your Government.
Magnus Maximus is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #653
The Fly
 
Magnus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 194
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
He probably got an assured cabinet position from multiple candidates. A position way higher than mayor of small city. Can run again later with more credentials and maybe with a better relationship with the black community.
100% agree
Magnus Maximus is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #654
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
The problem is that Afghanistan is a multi tribal, multi ethnic , multi lingual polyglot state.



You have Pashtoons, and Arabs, Turkic people like Uzbeks and Turkomen, the Nuri who think they are Greek and descended from Alexander.



The tribes exercise control, not the Taliban, the Taliban cant even control the Taliban, there are multiple Talibans. Just as there are multiple insurgencies.



Bottom line, its great we got a peace deal with the "taliban" But it really doesnt mean shit becuase you have too many factions, too many warlords, and too many agendas. It the end of the day for some a peace deal is a good move, for others it will hurt them politically, some want the US to stay, others want us the f out.



I was there doing IO for the Army from 2010-2011- I sat in on meetings with Governors, Mayors, regional leaders etc, I saw what US infrastructure development teams were doing, the people didn't really care they just stole and money grubbed us. Its a f uped mess.



We just need to go, and tell them it's simple, you support terrorism we will bomb the shit out of you. It's your country figure out your Government.

Definitely agree that it’s not just some simple black and white, and the idea that there’s just one unified Taliban is naive (or heck if you want to extend that to the full on terrorist organizations like ISIS or al Qaeda the same is true there).

PSA: Regarding the last forum outburst on political tribalism etc. This is a worthwhile post and idc if we agree or disagree on some things. This is how we should be discussing who knows what and what everyone’s opinions are.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
I am really surprised Mayor Pete dropped out, he had plenty of money and he won Iowa.
"Had" being the key word - he spent more than he had on hand in February and the moneyed interests were pulling out.

I am wondering what Bloomberg is seeing in his data that is making him hang around tomorrow. Andrew Yang went into some depth about Bloomberg's data polling machine and how he's so far ahead of the DNC and RNC in this respect. It suggests to me that he doesn't have faith in Biden to pull it off.

I made the mistake of venturing to Reddit where I read post after post from Bernie supporters stating unequivocally that Elizabeth Warren was macabre and staying in it hoping that when Bernie has another heart attack or dies she'll step in.
anitram is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #656
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,845
Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I am wondering what Bloomberg is seeing in his data that is making him hang around tomorrow.
I read somewhere that his internal polling suggested that he's taking more votes away from Sanders than from Biden, certainly in places where it matters (i.e. with a blowout by Sanders if Bloomberg would not be in it). So we'll see what he'll do on Wednesday.

BTW, I just read the newsflash that Klobuchar is going to suspend her campaign and join Biden at a rally tonight. Interesting developments.
Popmartijn is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #657
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Wonder how many votes Amy and Pete have already gotten or will still get tomorrow.

I’m not so sold they’re all going to Biden. I can see some Pete in every which direction, and some Amy going to Liz too.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #658
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,548
Local Time: 04:48 AM
One day after Joe won SC


https://twitter.com/cbs_herridge/sta...226661378?s=21
BEAL is online now  
Old 03-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #659
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 12:48 AM
There goes another woman candidate for President. I've given up hope at this point of seeing one in my lifetime. Sad to say that but it's how I feel. Female leaders of countries all over the world, but still not here. MAGA
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #660
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,568
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Pretty decent chance of a female VP very soon, but sadly we're likely decade's away from a female president.
__________________

LemonMelon is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×