US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe Biden is leading in MA. I mean, it makes perfect sense, with Sanders and Warren splitting the progressive vote, but still...

We'll get a million attacks on Elizabeth Warren for allegedly being the spoiler.

You know, as opposed to voters under 30 actually showing up to vote. Can't possibly be their fault.

I can’t believe Biden is leading in MA. I mean, it makes perfect sense, with Sanders and Warren splitting the progressive vote, but still...

Doesn’t look like that’s the case though. Only 8% in and Warren on top. No point in counting until more is in.

Woah... Almost double turnout in Virginia. Looks like Bernie was right - he did drive turnout.

In a way, what we are seeing is a revolution of the middle. People not wanting crazy, racist, cheating and lying on one side and people not wanting to turn America into Denmark on the other. And they are converting into big turnout for a moderate candidate that at this moment in history will stabilize the country.

So far biggest turnout surges have been large Biden wins

Thinking about how this healthcare system is going to continue to kill people and very likely accelerate the rate in which it is doing so has me despondent this evening.

Thinking about how this healthcare system is going to continue to kill people and very likely accelerate the rate in which it is doing so has me despondent this evening.

With a democratic president and Senate, we are likely to see widely increased coverage within a year or two, likely starting with a public option and then expanding to become a mixture of public and private insurance thus giving every American coverage.

And, two SCOTUS seats.

Sure, it’s not perfect. But this is much more better than where we stand today.

With a democratic president and Senate, we are likely to see widely increased coverage within a year or two, likely starting with a public option and then expanding to become a mixture of public and private insurance thus giving every American coverage.

And, two SCOTUS seats.

Sure, it’s not perfect. But this is much more better than where we stand today.

I can’t say it enough, we already have a de facto “public option.” Insurance isn’t coverage, it’s a system designed around betting against you. The government participating won’t change anything - it’ll end up just like student loans. You can subsidize them all you want but it will never get at the heart of the problem.

I can’t say it enough, we already have a de facto “public option.” Insurance isn’t coverage, it’s a system designed around betting against you. The government participating won’t change anything - it’ll end up just like student loans. You can subsidize them all you want but it will never get at the heart of the problem.

Steps. It takes steps.

What is this de facto public option you speak of?

Sanders: We will win the Democratic nomination.

Super Tuesday Voters:
giphy.gif

What is this de facto public option you speak of?

Obamacare’s tax premium is subsidization of care. It’s not a literal insurer but it functions as one - it’s the government saying “we’ll pay for your coverage.” That’s already strikingly similar to what an insurer does, there’s just a middle man in the current system.

So long as hospital companies and insurance companies exist, they’ll be duking it out for every dollar. The government agreeing to play in that system won’t change how insurance works. Student loans via the government are cheaper and better loans, but they are not addressing the cost of education. They are just lessening the pain of it (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom