US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s bull shit you wouldn’t buy me a beer, you won’t even play ball with me.

But yes I try to stick to the notion that at the end of the day, unless you act like gzus, your online persona is not how I will react to you in real life. In fact I try to remind myself (and others) that you’re all people, and disagree as we may, people are complex things.

That’s bull shit you wouldn’t buy me a beer, you won’t even play ball with me.

But yes I try to stick to the notion that at the end of the day, unless you act like gzus, your online persona is not how I will react to you in real life. In fact I try to remind myself (and others) that you’re all people, and disagree as we may, people are complex things.
You wouldn't bring the debit card

This impeachment is only going to benefit Trump, I believed that before it all started and that's why I was against it. He's raised a ton of money off of it for his reelection campaign. He will use it ad nauseum for his narcissistic victimhood complex to gain sympathy. And he will perpetuate what his lawyers have started-that this was all just an effort to get him off the ballot and "undo" the 2016 results.

Get ready for four more years of the orange clown. He truly is Teflon Don.

I’ll bring CASH MONEY

giphy.gif

This impeachment is only going to benefit Trump, I believed that before it all started and that's why I was against it. He's raised a ton of money off of it for his reelection campaign. He will use it ad nauseum for his narcissistic victimhood complex to gain sympathy. And he will perpetuate what his lawyers have started-that this was all just an effort to get him off the ballot and "undo" the 2016 results.

And Mike Bloomberg has more money committed to this than Trump could ever dream of raising, and that's whether he's the candidate or not.

Money is not an issue here.

This is what would happen. I'd shake your hand. Maybe buy you a beer and talk, much like I've done with pretty much every interference member I've happened to run into at any sort of U2 type event.

so ... after reading through some of that, and from other things i've put together, i would have real, genuine safety concerns about one specific member of that group. i find him really scary and would keep my distance in real life, at a U2 event or otherwise.

I used to think this, but beginning to see that this may not be true.

Allow me to explain (as if you have a choice) :wink:

Sure, he's going to play the ultimate victim card with this. But guess what? He would be doing it anyway with a whole list of other things. The main question is. What changes?

First, nothing will change from the Trump cult. Nothing. He could slap one of their kids across the face and spit on them, and they would apologize to Lord Don profusely, and bow to him. That's baked in the cake. A cult member is not mentally right, and no matter what happens, they are there to stay.

BUT
What will change is the people that voted for Trump, maybe reluctantly, maybe out of frustration of some sort, maybe out of naively believing lies about Hillary, etc...
But now, we have seen first hand the steady bleed of moderate suburban voters from that voting block.
What is happening now with Repubs in the senate blocking all witnesses and documents, will not hit those people well. They are part of the 75% of the public that want witnesses, because they want to see all the facts, and they know deep down Trump is guilty.

So the net gain/loss here is going to, IMO, go against Trump. He will keep that bleeding wound of college educated suburban voters open and oozing with all of his nonsense. While his cult base will stay static at about 36%. Sure he may keep another decent percentage of those voters that are on the fence about this whole thing. But that isn't nearly enough.

I think we have to remember at the razor-thin margins that got him into the office in the first place. And no matter what Dem goes up against him this time , they will NOT suffer from the same horrible baggage as Hillary had to drag around.

Sorry, had to edit that last sentence.

Last edited:
the one silver lining of Alexander's statement what that he straight up said that the Dems proved their case -- Trump absolutely held up the money in exchange for an investigation into the Bidens. there was a quid pro quo. and that this was bad conduct.

he's just fine with it. as are the rest of the criminals in the GOP.

And just to add to all my disillusionment.

This comes out yesterday, and doesn't even make TV news.
Just a reminder, that this would be weeks of non-stop news coverage for any other president and ultimately lead to their removal from office.

For Trump. It's a Thursday. Cause hell, he probably will do five worse things before the day ends.

https://twitter.com/ejeancarroll/st...6?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I kind of want to change my username to Demon. Oh, and for our lurkers, yes my avatar is actually me. Well, me about 20 years younger. And yes, I am as miserable in real life as you imagine. In fact, more so. I hate everyone and everything, mostly because my face is stuck in a permanent eyebrow raise/smirk, thanks to my raging TDS.

It’s so funny that the monumental vote is whether or not they should allow evidence to be presented... in a trial.

I really don’t care what side you’re on. Sure, throw what I see as a total distraction of Hunter Biden up there. Even though it’s a separate issue. Put him up there. I get it, Republicans want to paint this as a total sham. Fair, fine, as you wish. But democrats control the house. Not a healthy precedent to block evidence from being presented.

I kind of want to change my username to Demon. Oh, and for our lurkers, yes my avatar is actually me. Well, me about 20 years younger. And yes, I am as miserable in real life as you imagine. In fact, more so. I hate everyone and everything, mostly because my face is stuck in a permanent eyebrow raise/smirk, thanks to my raging TDS.
Can confirm

Forgot to quote but I’m software engineer. Database specifically. Used to do full time work but i do contracting. A lot of my work is off hours so i want to be paid for that work. I go in, build things up, stick around for a while and then go do same thing somewhere else. Or remodel an existing environment.

But back to our fading democracy...

I’m dreading the tweets to come later today. And this weekend. And how the Super Bowl should really be a celebration of Trumps triumph!!

Bolton would be very wise to speak up now before Barr shuts down any chance of his book seeing the light of day.

There are no rules for the GOP after today. No checks. The Dems, never Trumpers, and independents better turn out in November.

Oh the youth vote could help too but I’m too old now and don’t trust them. Or their hippity hop music

Before catching w the angst of the day, i wanted to comment on this, too.

I think there needs to be level of forgiveness and a little leniency for people like womanfish...and I’m glad to see the appreciation posts.

Much like womenfish, I have much love and respect for woman and LGBTQ community, but in growing up, for about 25 of my first years on earth, it was completely normal to call guys “girly” or saying something is “gay”. I know now that doing that was wrong but the intention was never to be offensive or hateful, nor do I think I ever have possessed deep rooted hate. It’s a change in awareness and understanding but it’s not always perfect. A couple weeks ago I casually said “that’s really fucking gay” about something and immediately corrected myself. It’s not always easy to break out of it and I hope there’s a level of understanding that there are people like me out there that don’t mean harm.

Good post, mikal.

Each of us who (luckily) has not been taught a deep rooted against group(s) ________, if we have also been taught kindness, and respect in general hopefully strive as we can to learn both current broad, and more nuanced levels, aspects, and historic paths that other groups experience over the years.
I thank my folks (especially my mom) for instilling that type of outlook, and effort in me. I do my best as I keep learning.

And just to add to all my disillusionment.

This comes out yesterday, and doesn't even make TV news.
Just a reminder, that this would be weeks of non-stop news coverage for any other president and ultimately lead to their removal from office.

For Trump. It's a Thursday. Cause hell, he probably will do five worse things before the day ends.

https://twitter.com/ejeancarroll/st...6?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
Oh, woah.

:lol:
Did it hurt to get your eyebrow up that high. It's a fun photo, actually- like a fun take on a SciFi, or Horror movie.

Murkowski voting no on witnesses. It's over
:angry: Shame on you, and Lamar!

Can confirm
:lol:
It’s so funny that the monumental vote is whether or not they should allow evidence to be presented... in a trial.

I really don’t care what side you’re on. Sure, throw what I see as a total distraction of Hunter Biden up there. Even though it’s a separate issue. Put him up there. I get it, Republicans want to paint this as a total sham. Fair, fine, as you wish. But democrats control the house. Not a healthy precedent to block evidence from being presented.
It's scary stuff.

It's a fucking... TRIAL!!! :huh: :gah:

Last edited:
You'd think Uncle Bernie would be encouraging to someone who hasn't taken a cent from special interests to be included in the debates...

unless it's an inheritance i find it exceptionally hard to believe that anyone became a multi-billionaire without taking vast numbers of cents from special interests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom