US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been quite a fun time watching TV here in Iowa lately, lemme tell ya :p.
hoo, boy, i'll bet. :hug:
An iowan called into wnyc saying they were anxious about voting for the "wrong" Dem.

DersHOwitz should go work for Kim Jong Un. Not that KJU needs a lawyer, but his arguments definitely apply.

One of the managers this afternoon brought up Nixon's "if the President does it, it' legal." BS. As a reminder of the autocratic urge, maaaybe shaming one more R Senator.
I know, i know they have NO shame!

So it looks like tomorrow will be the last day of the impeachment saga. I think immediately after, since it’s now ok to do so, the Democratic Party should reach out to all foreign nations to announce investigations into Trump’s business dealings. All bets are off.
I think i like this
I think as of tomorrow, Bloomberg (and many others like him with deep pockets) need to concentrate all efforts on flipping the Senate. It should be non-stop, 24/7 attack ads against everyone who votes to not allow witnesses. Gloves off, treat them the way they would treat Democrats if the roles were reversed.

Even the average Joe knows this level of intransigence is totally without precedent. There is no such thing as a trial without witnesses and that has to be pounded again and again and again.

And then concentrate voting efforts on women. Trump is toxic with them, even the suburban idiots who voted for him the first time. If he loses, it will be because of women. Let's make it so.
Yes!
i wish i had Senators.
Yeah, Rep Elenore Holmes has been a trooper tryong o get DC Statehood, etc
on the bright side:
Interesting

Yea Rand Paul is violating the Whistleblower Protection Act in real time because known liberal deep state agent (checks notes) Chief Justice John Roberts refused to mention his name in the Senate.
Arg :mad: What is he doing? Giving out more details about the WB?

Last edited:
Thanks, BEAL

Im going o post bc it was what i was going to mention earlier but not enough time.

from Twitter:

Schiff began with something in the category of "you cannot make this stuff up."

"Today the DOJ is in court resisting the House subpoenas. The judge said, if Congress cannot enforce the subpoena in court, what remedy is there?"

The DOJ lawyer said, "Impeachment."

[Laughter]

I heard that on my radio live earlier - and it was pretty strong laughter, too! :lol: :crack:

Last edited:
Watching Dershowitz embarrass himself on CNN in the Acela lounge to loud laughs from the crowd.

What a piece of shit.

hey just so you all know, there is another forum that you guys may or may not know about that has a long thread started by oregoropa after he got banned, primarily dedicated to lurking here and copy-pasting quotes of ours to make fun of us. (i had to create an account to be able to see the politics forum)

https://forum.talku2.com/index.php?topic=447.0

normally i wouldn't care too much but it's gone on for two and a half years and 110 pages now, and some of it is really personal. there's some borderline doxxing (some of those posters follow/friended some of you on other social media and seem to know things about your IRL lives outside this place) as well which concerns me most. the person who is Phoenix Rising there is posting here as Mrs Garrison and is maybe the meanest one of the bunch. since whoever that is is clearly pretending that they're here posting in semi-good faith i thought that you all should know this person is trolling all of us just to be nasty behind our backs with other banned members.

the mods also need to be aware that they're also openly and repeatedly discussing evading interference bans and creating alters expressly to troll this forum.

here's Mrs Garrison aka Phoenix Rising's first post in that thread which should give you some sense of how they talk about us for the next 65ish pages of the thread:

FYM is essentially the hell of message boards. The same 6 or 7 miserable people posting non-stop their dislike for all things ist/ist/etc - their rage must complete their miserable existence.

Irvine is the token of white shame and guilt, he must really loath himself, i suppose his only saving grace (in his mind) is his sexuality. I recall where his reasoning for the mass exodus of reasonable people went something like "sharper minds tearing the argument down." Clearly he is better than the rest of us - and he wants to make sure we all know it.

DaveC is the resident unibrow drug addict, he recently had a wonderful expletive ridden rant towards someone just to show everyone how those sharper minds really work.

Headache - essentially a non-stop troll who bullies everyone who doesn't bow down to him and his supremacy, and he gets away with it because - well, Interference. Lots of anger issues with this guy.

anitram, she can only go a few days without mentioning what a success she is in real life, how wealthy she is, how smart, elite, and oh yeah - she achieved all of this as an oppressed woman.

BVS - troll, enough said.

BEAL - i suspect he is a nice guy but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Lucky7 - Actually seems like a nice dude, although he can be quite passive aggressive and rise to anger shockingly fast.

Demon - worst moderator in the forums history. He will gladly sit by and say nothing when Headache or DaveC goes off on someone for no real reason at all, calling them every expletive imaginable. If Demon does say anything at all, it would be to blame the person who caused DaveC or Headache to go off on them, because they were either "stirring the pot" or some other imagined offense, if nothing applies then they must be racist - case closed - well done DaveC or Headache! (I misspelled his name intentionally)

I didn't always get a long with Elvis when he owned the place, although we have since made up, but there is no measuring stick for how far Interference has fallen since he sold it. He might have been a little bit overprotective of his kingdom in the early days, but at least then it was worth protecting. Unlike the shit show that it has become, where everyone there is looking around at each other in equal misery, pointing fingers and assigning blame towards those who have long since departed, when in fact it is they who are the ones who stink.

Did i just about cover it?

https://forum.talku2.com/index.php?topic=447.634

so yeah, i'm not sure what exactly we can do about this, but be aware.

on a more entertaining note, you can also see where STING2/wons shows up in that thread and pretends to be someone else but is easily outed after like 3 posts and then proceeds to totally ignore the thread topic and derail the hate-train again and again with a 40ish-page argument about all the usual topics.

Last edited:
Damn. 20+ years as an engineer and still come across as dull....must be the tank top profile pic.

I am a nice guy regardless.

Given that Mrs Garrison doesn’t even know what a “token” is, it seems quite fair to infer that everyone has a sharper mind than he does.

they've 100% reduced us all to stock stereotype characters to point and laugh at. i wouldn't have posted it if they never referenced people's social media or if banned members weren't openly planning to create accounts to troll this place.

i read all 110 pages. 40% of it is the same boring political arguments we've had 1000 times here with STING. 5% of it is concerning and worth reporting. the other 55% of them trying and mostly failing miserably to roast us is actually somewhat funny to read as long as you don't take it too personally - they tend to characterise us each pretty early with one trope and hammer it to death (davec smokes weed hes a drug addict lololol).

my favourite part is how orgorpo always posted screenshots and quotes right away every single time we speculated that an alter might have been his (which has turned out to be true in at least one instance), and then claimed several times in the thread that he started and has kept going for two and a half years and 1600+ posts, that it's him who is living rent free in our collective head. hahaha now let's go laugh at orgestaporopa in the hundred-page-long thread that we made specifically to talk shit about him, guys!

Last edited:
I think maybe a few years ago it would be fair to say I rise to anger quite fast, but I mean now I just don’t really care.

Anyways, haha @ all of you, I got the best review. This reminds me of my time as a youngen on another forum, except that one was filled with far more monstrous people than you lot plus the banned folk.

hey just so you all know, there is another forum that you guys may or may not know about that has a long thread started by oregoropa after he got banned, primarily dedicated to lurking here and copy-pasting quotes of ours to make fun of us. (i had to create an account to be able to see the politics forum)

normally i wouldn't care too much but it's gone on for two and a half years and 110 pages now, and some of it is really personal. there's some borderline doxxing (some of those posters follow/friended some of you on other social media and seem to know things about your IRL lives outside this place) as well which concerns me most. the person who is Phoenix Rising there is posting here as Mrs Garrison and is maybe the meanest one of the bunch. since whoever that is is clearly pretending that they're here posting in semi-good faith i thought that you all should know this person is trolling all of us just to be nasty behind our backs with other banned members.

the mods also need to be aware that they're also openly and repeatedly discussing evading interference bans and creating alters expressly to troll this forum.

here's Mrs Garrison aka Phoenix Rising's first post in that thread which should give you some sense of how they talk about us for the next 65ish pages of the thread:

on a more entertaining note, you can also see where STING2/wons shows up in that thread and pretends to be someone else but is easily outed after like 3 posts and then proceeds to totally ignore the thread topic and derail the hate-train again and again with a 40ish-page argument about all the usual topics.

fascinating. also unsurprising. i love that they think i'm from a red state and am racist against white people. And that I wouldn’t know what to do if my car broke down in a bad neighborhood, which is funny because I barely ever drive and I’ve lived in majority black inner-city neighborhoods since 2004. But ok.

But there I go giving a shit about angry, frustrated people who literally can’t put together an argument.

Last edited:
fascinating. also unsurprising. i love that they think i'm from a red state and am racist against white people. And that I wouldn’t know what to do if my car broke down in a bad neighborhood, which is funny because I barely ever drive and I’ve lived in majority black inner-city neighborhoods since 2004. But ok.

also you advocate constantly for white genocide and nobody here dares to criticize you because you're "the gay", apparently.

:shrug:

To people who masturbate to thoughts of fucking their underage cousins, everything is white genocide.

that one's *definitely* going to be quoted.

giphy.gif

I agree that both sides should be able to call witnesses, why not? The truth should win out no matter what.

My question for you and others here is where was the constitutional outrage when Jerry Nadler denied the Republicans witnesses and violated House rules daily by ramming his way through, cutting people off, and getting his portion done in record time? The selective outrage amongst some of you is pretty interesting

Joining a different forum to bitch about your old forum is about as old school as rushing to get the morning paper to check sports scores.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html?arc404=true

So. Much. Winning.

A wall. The best wall. A wall so good that it can be left open during the summer and immigrants will just be so intimidated by it's greatness that they won't go through the giant holes.

or you know... when it blows over:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/us-border-wall-falls-over-high-winds/index.html

Newly installed panels from the US border wall fell over in high winds Wednesday, landing on trees on the Mexican side of the border.

I guess the Mexican trees are the ones paying for this afterall...

lol they deleted the shit-talking thread over at the other forum and the mods are pretending like it was a long-pondered and difficult decision reached after much discussion and soul-searching.

i'm sure it's just a total coincidence that after 2.5 years and 110 pages it just so happened to be "the right thing to do" to delete it less than 12 hours after it was exposed here. :rolleyes:

Entertaining read, looks like I have some true fans over there, well we all do. Some are convinced I’ve posted there before.

This is the first and only time I'll address this, in length at least. And hopefully we can put all of this to rest as it appears that the mods at U2Talk have decided to delete the thread in question.

They probably expect me to fly off the wheel and say fuck a million times, because apparently I'm just "an angry NYer." Thanks for the nickname, btw. Sorry to report that I'm actually quite happy in real life. Sarcastic, sure. But the few here who have met me in person certainly wouldn't walk away with the opinion that I'm some militant dick who flys off the wall at the drop of a hat. This might upset you to find out that a style of posting on an internet message board isn't necessarily real life.

I've known about this place for a couple of days. No clue how nobody found out earlier... alas, here we are.

I highly considered just letting it slide without comment... but I also shared it with a few people, some of whom were also slandered on the regular in there... so I guess I knew it would come to a head at some point.

I have no desire to drag this on. I have no wish to stampede overe there using an alter and try and have online fights with them - because frankly? That's really sad behavior. It's the behavior of a teenager, not an almost 40 year old.

It's hilarious that there are those overe there who believe that they "live in our heads" considering they have a 2+ year old thread dedicated to us and apparently follow some of our social feeds and we... made one of them a meme that gets mentioned occasionally in passing?

It's funny that they feel as if they were only banned for disagreements... as if diemen doesn't have the receipts; as if they think posts made on a sub Reddit have disappeared because this particular sub was closed for violent, racist behavior... as if they're the only ones who have figured out how to take a screenshot?

Whatever. Maybe i'm not seeing it. Probably the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

So, hey. It's all good. I'm happy to simply call it a day and move on. We won't go make fake names and post on your site (which, ya know, we haven't) and you guys stay out of here (since we know you're watching) Or not. I don't really care. I don't dwell on this shit.

Except, of course, for this. At some point someone made a comment about how it's a shame I'm such an asshole because I have a beautiful family. What I do for a living was mentioned... sort of. What was mentioned certainly is related to what I do now, but it's a bit more elaborate than that. It's part of why I'm so fabulously wealthy, after all.

All of this by people whom I do not know. If they walked past me right now I wouldn't have the slightest of clues who they were.

There was even a little run about what would happen if they met me in person.

Let me tell you what would happen.

I'm sure you're expecting me to make some sort of threat of physical violence, because I'm an angry NYer, or something. I sit on my couch cursing at the Giants and throwing things (ok, this may be true)

This is what would happen. I'd shake your hand. Maybe buy you a beer and talk, much like I've done with pretty much every interference member I've happened to run into at any sort of U2 type event.

The key there is U2 related event - where it wouldn't be without reason to bump into other members of U2 related event. If anyone ever searched me out outside of a space where you'd expect to meet other U2 fans, I'd call the police. Alas, I'm not expecting that to be an issue.

Nobody here has ever posted about any of your personal lives - only online behavior. That's a line that should not be crossed. The person who called the guy's church? He was banned for life. Everyone agrees it as a horrific thing to do. Sure, it's an interference meme. But I thought you guys understood memes.

Leave my personal life out of yours. I for one will do the same, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I'm fairly certain that those here who I've met in person would do the same. And if you're hiding in my social feeds? That's really fucking sad and borderline stalkerish. Grow up.

You stay in your fish bowl. We'll stay in ours.

And if you see me at a concert some day? By all means - come talk. Don't want to? That's cool, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom