US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dershowitz looks totally unhinged on CNN. Why do they keep having him on?

They just showed the clip of Trump's comment to Pompeo. It actually took place at a meeting in the White House related to the Mideast peace attempts. Dershowitz was sitting right behind Pompeo and patted him on the back right when Trump made that comment about "doing a good job" on Mary Louise Kelly from NPR.

Jeffrey Toobin (who had Dershowitz as a law professor) asked him why he did that. He said that he doesn't support anyone being rude to reporters, but he thinks Pompeo has been a great Sec of State and he will forgive him being rude to a reporter if he can achieve peace in the Middle East. Yeah, ok.

Dershowitz was laughing at Trump's comment, they were all laughing. Including the visible women in the room. Just gross and pathetic.

Dershowitz was laughing at Trump's comment, they were all laughing. Including the visible women in the room. Just gross and pathetic.

And totally unsurprising, unfortunately.

And in 2020, that is what we should all find appalling.

And when this is all over, the important thing is to never, ever forget what Trump voters supported, whether implicitly or explicitly.

It's likely just a delay of the inevitable, but it does set up the scenario where the GOP has to hang themselves by dismissing the testimony of a direct witness who also happened to be as republican as they come.

Dismissing all of the law enforcement conservatives like Mueller and Comey is doable because law enforcement, by their nature, will inevitably be more non partisan. Bolton's a moustachioed horse of a different color.

Public support for witnesses is like 75%. It’s feelong like Kavanaugh deja by, but that has to count for something. Right?

And totally unsurprising, unfortunately.

And in 2020, that is what we should all find appalling.

And when this is all over, the important thing is to never, ever forget what Trump voters supported, whether implicitly or explicitly.

Yep. They can continue to try and run from this fact all they want, but they voted for this. They get to deal with the consequences of doing so.

Trump going scorched earth on Bolton seems interesting. Bolton doesn't seem like the type to really be pushed around by anyone.

It wouldn't surprise me Trump tweets "But I killed that Iran guy for your silence!!!"

Trump going scorched earth on Bolton seems interesting. Bolton doesn't seem like the type to really be pushed around by anyone.

It's pretty fantastic given how petty and evil Bolton himself is.

I think we all need to thank and praise President Trump for keeping us out of World War VI.

And I fully expect an ad or a fundraising email to stating this.

The next question being sent to the desk is from the Senator from South Carolina, Lindsey Elizabeth Graham.

The Senator asks... This is odd... This is to be a "show of hands" question for the entire body.

The Senator asks: Who among us has not stripped out of their confining suit after a long day's work, and into a lavender infused bubble bath. Then dried and powdered, and slipped into their Mark-Paul Gosselaar footie pajamas and have been whisked away into peaceful slumber.
Only then to be carried to a more-real-than-life dream, of slathering Donald J. Trump's, fast food engorged body, with Big Mac special sauce, and duly lapping up every last tangy smear?
Who I ask you. Who?

Last edited:
can we please keep the casual misogyny and homophobia out of this forum?

there's a multitude of things you can legitimately attack lindsey graham on without resorting to this crap.

seriously? Misogyny and homophobia? Get over yourself. Yeah, that's exactly what the point of the post is. Jesus.

I suppose I should have posted a picture of him as a dog on Trump's lap. But then, I'm sure animal cruelty or bestiality would be thrown about.

calling a gay man by a woman's name in order to mock him is 100% misogynistic and homophobic.

also very classy of you to tell an LGBTQ person when they ask you to please avoid homophobia to "get over yourself".

Last edited:
seriously? Misogyny and homophobia? Get over yourself. Yeah, that's exactly what the point of the post is. Jesus.

I suppose I should have posted a picture of him as a dog on Trump's lap. But then, I'm sure animal cruelty or bestiality would be thrown about.

And labeling him as an alien could start an intergalactic war, so be very careful.

Lev has said later today they'll talk about LG's involvement with Ukraine.

Alan Dersshhhhhhh arguing that if president does illegal stuff in order to get reelected, well that's not really impeachable or illegal!!

So go ahead Donnie, drop some nukes on Cali cities so the EC tally goes more in your favor!!

calling a gay man by a woman's name in order to mock him is 100% misogynistic and homophobic.

also very classy of you to tell an LGBTQ person when they ask you to please avoid homophobia to "get over yourself".

Point taken on the name thing. I apologize for not thinking that through more. I try to learn to do better every day. Thanks for pointing it out.
And sorry for causing any offense. I am part of a women's leadership coalition (even though I'm a guy. lol) and I demonstrate and donate for LGBTQ causes. Now I just have to remember to chose my words more carefully. :doh:

Last edited:
Lev has said later today they'll talk about LG's involvement with Ukraine.

Alan Dersshhhhhhh arguing that if president does illegal stuff in order to get reelected, well that's not really impeachable or illegal!!

So go ahead Donnie, drop some nukes on Cali cities so the EC tally goes more in your favor!!

By the end of the day tomorrow, he will most likely be able to do whatever he wants. Shut down polling stations in WI and PA in November. Ask for cyber attacks against the Dem candidate during a state of the union address. It won't matter. This is what the spineless, shit for souls repubs will have brought on.

Point taken on the name thing. I apologize for not thinking that through more. I try to learn to do better every day. Thanks for pointing it out.
And sorry for causing any offense. I am part of a women's leadership coalition (even though I'm a guy. lol) and I demonstrate and donate for LGBTQ causes. Now I just have to remember to chose my words more carefully. :doh:

I appreciate this post

i appreciate this as well, thanks.

I think there needs to be level of forgiveness and a little leniency for people like womanfish...and I’m glad to see the appreciation posts.

Much like womenfish, I have much love and respect for woman and LGBTQ community, but in growing up, for about 25 of my first years on earth, it was completely normal to call guys “girly” or saying something is “gay”. I know now that doing that was wrong but the intention was never to be offensive or hateful, nor do I think I ever have possessed deep rooted hate. It’s a change in awareness and understanding but it’s not always perfect. A couple weeks ago I casually said “that’s really fucking gay” about something and immediately corrected myself. It’s not always easy to break out of it and I hope there’s a level of understanding that there are people like me out there that don’t mean harm.

Alan Dershowitz... woah buddy.

The tapes of him at Epstein's must be a total disaster for him to debase himself in this way.

That he was an opportunistic lawyer for (ultra-wealthy) guilty people is one thing. At least his legal reasoning was sound.

But this is a dumpster fire that would get you a D on a law school exam. And that's only because nobody fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom