US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear what this inminent attack threat was, if we ever get to hear that. My thoughts can't help but wander to an impeachment wag the dog at the start of the election year.

It's entirely fair, based on the sheer transactional nature of this asshat failed businessman turned reality TV star that some of our favorite trolls thought would be a good president because he tickled their racist bone, to sepculate that this was done as a favor to shut Bolton up.

Which makes his actions even more hideous, if that's the case.

But hey, sure am glad we didn't elect that warmongering Hillary Clinton. Yep.

the only "imminent attack" was that the media was starting to lean heavily into the unredacted email leak yesterday. that dominated the news cycle for about six hours max - then this murder just so happens to conveniently take place and instantly it's wall-to-wall coverage from baghdad on every channel, and the emails drift off into the forgotten mist.

Pompeo going in TV saying essentially we will be greeted as liberators for doing this....

Shows the media won’t call out the Iraq war lead up bulllshit.

Good day to own defense stock too

Pompeo going in TV saying essentially we will be greeted as liberators for doing this....

He said that people were dancing on the streets..."in certain parts" of Iraq.

The US has basically said any form of attack against it will validate the use of nukes.

Cyber attacks being the latest (a few years ago) modified to allow the retaliation using nukes.

Iran is a big player in the cyber world.

And at what point will congress wake up and realize Trump isn’t going to follow the rules. He’s sending more troops overseas today yet democrats are on twitter saying he needs to follow the rules!!!

There aren’t any. This is a dictatorship until he is removed.

The purpose of having allies is that we can surprise our enemies and not each other," Tom Tugendhat, the chairman of the UK Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee, told the BBC.

Naïveté, in the era of Trump.

Well Trump's really good at turning allies into "enemies" and enemies into allies.
:sad:
Wilfully ignorant, AND ignorant, and egomanically greedy!

BREAKING: A Whistleblower told the FBI that Trump’s Deutsche Bank loans were backed by Russian state-owned bank, VTB Bank. VTB was proposed lender for Trump Tower Moscow and allegedly funded the Rosneft Deal. New docs show deep ties between Deutsche + VTB.

the only "imminent attack" was ....... a was starting to lean heavily into the unredacted email leak yesterday. that dominated the news cycle for about six hours max - then this murder just so happens to conveniently take place and instantly it's wall-to-wall coverage from baghdad on every channel, and the emails drift off into the forgotten mist.

Wait... I missed this...
goes to look up

OK
from Raw Story

However, Just Security has now examined unredacted emails that show officials within the Pentagon viewed Trump’s Ukraine aid hold with increasing alarm and were concerned that the president was breaking the law.

The emails show that key legal concerns about the Ukraine funding were regularly raised by Elaine McCusker, the acting Pentagon comptroller, who argued that the White House would be breaching the Impoundment Control Act if it did not send Congress a notification that it was withholding the aid.

jeeeeez :ohmy: :crack:
i think i just barely caught this, but bc i'm often listening to radio while doing stuff - sometimes I need at least one repetition to "get" it.

hopefully i will post Free Call Congress phone #s over this weekend. Been using them for years
We can point out this new info, along with the new whistleblower.

Somehow he's got to be out!

I'll end with a quote from a shiney metal guy: "This is madness!!! ".

Last edited:
“I received a phone call from @realDonaldTrump when the embassy protests ended thanking the government efforts and asked Iraq to play the mediator's role between US and Iran” Iraqi PM said.

“But at the same time American helicopters and drones were flying without the approval of Iraq, and we refused the request of bringing more soldiers to US embassy and bases” iraqi PM said.

“I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran” Iraqi PM said.

So the Americans lured him to Baghdad on the premise of negotiating and then killed him?

Who in their right mind would negotiate with the US again?

Iran pulling out of any remaining portions of the nuclear deal - check
Iran restarting uranium enrichment - check
Iraq unanimously voting to oust US Troops from the country - check
Military actions against ISIS suspended - check

Good job assholes

Have they rolled out the Mission Accomplished banner out of storage yet?

Iran pulling out of any remaining portions of the nuclear deal - check
Iran restarting uranium enrichment - check
Iraq unanimously voting to oust US Troops from the country - check
Military actions against ISIS suspended - check

Good job assholes

Oh no, because that Iran deal was so solid to begin with, and the leadership has been such fine upstanding citizens in keeping their agreements, not promoting terrorism, Death to America, attacking our embassy, etc.

Seriously????

They did all of that AFTER trump broke the treaty.

None of this needed to happen. None. Iran was following the rules that the international community agreed to.

All of this is self inflicted and because of jealousy of a black man.

You just can't make this stuff up..

Trump repeatedly claimed in 2011 and 2012 that Obama would start a war with Iran to win reelection

CNN Digital Expansion 2018
By Andrew Kaczynski

Updated 9:15 AM ET, Sat January 4, 2020

(CNN)In media appearances prior to the 2012 election, Donald Trump repeatedly predicted that then-President Barack Obama would start a war with Iran in order to win reelection.

A CNN KFile review found Trump made the claims throughout 2011 and 2012 in radio and television appearances as well as in a since-deleted YouTube blog and on Twitter.

Now president and facing his own reelection battle later this year, Trump ordered a drone strike on Thursday that killed Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Quds Force, in a major escalation between Iran and the US. Trump celebrated the news on Thursday night by tweeting a picture of an American flag, adding on Friday, "Iran never won a war, but never lost a negotiation!"

On Friday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Fox & Friends the US does not "seek war with Iran" but that the US would not "stand by and watch the Iranians escalate and continue to put American lives at risk without responding in a way that disrupts, defends, deters and creates an opportunity to deescalate the situation."

Trump has consistently criticized Obama's Iran policy -- the chief accomplishment of which was an internationally negotiated deal reached in 2015 that lifted sanctions in exchange for Iran ratcheting down its nuclear weapons program. The Trump administration reimposed all sanctions in 2018

But before that deal, Trump routinely asserted that Obama would force a confrontation to boost his domestic prospects.
"Our President will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate," Trump said in a November 2011 video on his YouTube channel.
"He's weak, and he's ineffective," Trump added. "So I believe that he will attack Iran sometime prior to the election, because he thinks that's the only way he can get elected."
Speaking on the Sean Hannity radio program in January 2012, Trump predicted "some kind of a war" with Iran prior to that year's election.

"I say that he starts a war in Iran before the election, which will make it very hard for the Republican to win," Trump said. "He'll start a war, you know, lives will be wasted for no reason."
"I think it's going to happen sometime prior to the election. There'll be some kind of a war started," added Trump.

On Fox News' On the Record in February 2012 Trump said it was "pretty sad" to say, but said Obama would go to war nonetheless.
"I've said before, I think Obama will go to war with Iran because I think he views it as good politically," Trump said. "That's pretty sad and it's a pretty sad thing to have to say, but I think he will absolutely go to war with Iran. I think he views that as a positive from a political standpoint, and I think he's just waiting for the right moment."
Speaking on the Laura Ingraham Show in April 2012, Trump repeated his prediction. "I happen to think that the president is going to start a war with Iran," said Trump. "I think it'll be a short term popular thing to do. And I think he's going to do that for political reasons."

Trump made the same prediction on Fox News' Justice with Judge Jeanine that month.
"In my opinion, Obama will start a war," Trump said. "For about three weeks it'd be very popular about, by the way, six months later he'll be very unpopular, but by that time it's too late."
"Well, I think that he would do it," Trump continued. "I do believe he will do it -- whether he does it under the guise of Israel or not -- but I do believe he would do it. I've been making that prediction. Let's see what happens. Many of my predictions, as you know better than anybody have come true.

Trump has consistently criticized Obama's Iran policy -- the chief accomplishment of which was an internationally negotiated deal reached in 2015 that lifted sanctions in exchange for Iran ratcheting down its nuclear weapons program. The Trump administration reimposed all sanctions in 2018.
But before that deal, Trump routinely asserted that Obama would force a confrontation to boost his domestic prospects.
"Our President will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate," Trump said in a November 2011 video on his YouTube channel.
"He's weak, and he's ineffective," Trump added. "So I believe that he will attack Iran sometime prior to the election, because he thinks that's the only way he can get elected."

Speaking on the Sean Hannity radio program in January 2012, Trump predicted "some kind of a war" with Iran prior to that year's election.

"I say that he starts a war in Iran before the election, which will make it very hard for the Republican to win," Trump said. "He'll start a war, you know, lives will be wasted for no reason."
"I think it's going to happen sometime prior to the election. There'll be some kind of a war started," added Trump.
On Fox News' On the Record in February 2012 Trump said it was "pretty sad" to say, but said Obama would go to war nonetheless.
"I've said before, I think Obama will go to war with Iran because I think he views it as good politically," Trump said. "That's pretty sad and it's a pretty sad thing to have to say, but I think he will absolutely go to war with Iran. I think he views that as a positive from a political standpoint, and I think he's just waiting for the right moment."
Speaking on the Laura Ingraham Show in April 2012, Trump repeated his prediction. "I happen to think that the president is going to start a war with Iran," said Trump. "I think it'll be a short term popular thing to do. And I think he's going to do that for political reasons."

Trump made the same prediction on Fox News' Justice with Judge Jeanine that month.
"In my opinion, Obama will start a war," Trump said. "For about three weeks it'd be very popular about, by the way, six months later he'll be very unpopular, but by that time it's too late."
"Well, I think that he would do it," Trump continued. "I do believe he will do it -- whether he does it under the guise of Israel or not -- but I do believe he would do it. I've been making that prediction. Let's see what happens. Many of my predictions, as you know better than anybody have come true."

Yeah, I saw people bringing up all his old tweets on the Obama/Iran topic yesterday. So much projection in his tweet history, it's amazing.

All of this is self inflicted and because of jealousy of a black man.

Exactly. That and a desperate attempt to distract people from all the investigations he's been under these past couple years as well as his looming impeachment trial.

And it's weird to me that he's so worried about that trial, given the Republicans have made it abundantly clear they're going to do his bidding and he's not likely to be convicted and removed.

The truth is going to come out eventually

The GOP can have a sham trial and then pay the price later when shit leaks out proving they were dishonest (and just in time for the elections, assuming those happen)

Or they can get 4 senators to step up and have the truth come out now, putting them in another choice of publicly supporting a criminal or having to make the decision to remove and deal with his mental base

Oh no, because that Iran deal was so solid to begin with, and the leadership has been such fine upstanding citizens in keeping their agreements, not promoting terrorism, Death to America, attacking our embassy, etc.

Seriously????

News flash, Iran was actually complying with the deal until
Dumbfuck trump tore it all up. We wouldn’t be in this mess right now if it weren’t for trump and his idiotic decisions.

Seriously???[emoji849]

If a smart USA wanted to take out a top Iranian general in Iraq, they would have backed an attack on his convoy from Sunni Iraqis.

Utilizing american force and American weaponry to attack a military leader of a sovereign nation is, by all measures, an act of war. Do you prefer war with Iran? I do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom