US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2020, 12:16 AM   #681
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
To people who masturbate to thoughts of fucking their underage cousins, everything is white genocide.
that one's *definitely* going to be quoted.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:25 AM   #682
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:28 PM
US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
a long thread started by oregoropa
Who? Is that the vegetarian?

Old 01-31-2020, 06:01 AM   #683
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 01-31-2020, 06:58 AM   #684
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I agree that both sides should be able to call witnesses, why not? The truth should win out no matter what.

My question for you and others here is where was the constitutional outrage when Jerry Nadler denied the Republicans witnesses and violated House rules daily by ramming his way through, cutting people off, and getting his portion done in record time? The selective outrage amongst some of you is pretty interesting
Old 01-31-2020, 08:21 AM   #685
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:28 PM
Joining a different forum to bitch about your old forum is about as old school as rushing to get the morning paper to check sports scores.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:02 AM   #686
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...ml?arc404=true

So. Much. Winning.

A wall. The best wall. A wall so good that it can be left open during the summer and immigrants will just be so intimidated by it's greatness that they won't go through the giant holes.
or you know... when it blows over:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/polit...nds/index.html

Quote:
Newly installed panels from the US border wall fell over in high winds Wednesday, landing on trees on the Mexican side of the border.
I guess the Mexican trees are the ones paying for this afterall...
Old 01-31-2020, 11:01 AM   #687
Blue Crack Addict

lol they deleted the shit-talking thread over at the other forum and the mods are pretending like it was a long-pondered and difficult decision reached after much discussion and soul-searching.

i'm sure it's just a total coincidence that after 2.5 years and 110 pages it just so happened to be "the right thing to do" to delete it less than 12 hours after it was exposed here.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #688
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
hey just so you all know, there is another forum that you guys may or may not know about that has a long thread started by oregoropa after he got banned, primarily dedicated to lurking here and copy-pasting quotes of ours to make fun of us. (i had to create an account to be able to see the politics forum)

https://forum.talku2.com/index.php?topic=447.0

normally i wouldn't care too much but it's gone on for two and a half years and 110 pages now, and some of it is really personal. there's some borderline doxxing (some of those posters follow/friended some of you on other social media and seem to know things about your IRL lives outside this place) as well which concerns me most. the person who is Phoenix Rising there is posting here as Mrs Garrison and is maybe the meanest one of the bunch. since whoever that is is clearly pretending that they're here posting in semi-good faith i thought that you all should know this person is trolling all of us just to be nasty behind our backs with other banned members.

the mods also need to be aware that they're also openly and repeatedly discussing evading interference bans and creating alters expressly to troll this forum.

here's Mrs Garrison aka Phoenix Rising's first post in that thread which should give you some sense of how they talk about us for the next 65ish pages of the thread:

https://forum.talku2.com/index.php?topic=447.634

so yeah, i'm not sure what exactly we can do about this, but be aware.

on a more entertaining note, you can also see where STING2/wons shows up in that thread and pretends to be someone else but is easily outed after like 3 posts and then proceeds to totally ignore the thread topic and derail the hate-train again and again with a 40ish-page argument about all the usual topics.

Entertaining read, looks like I have some true fans over there, well we all do. Some are convinced I’ve posted there before.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #689
Blue Crack Addict

Aww I was hoping I’d get to read. Did my character have any major parts
Old 01-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #690
Blue Crack Distributor

This is the first and only time I'll address this, in length at least. And hopefully we can put all of this to rest as it appears that the mods at U2Talk have decided to delete the thread in question.

They probably expect me to fly off the wheel and say fuck a million times, because apparently I'm just "an angry NYer." Thanks for the nickname, btw. Sorry to report that I'm actually quite happy in real life. Sarcastic, sure. But the few here who have met me in person certainly wouldn't walk away with the opinion that I'm some militant dick who flys off the wall at the drop of a hat. This might upset you to find out that a style of posting on an internet message board isn't necessarily real life.

I've known about this place for a couple of days. No clue how nobody found out earlier... alas, here we are.

I highly considered just letting it slide without comment... but I also shared it with a few people, some of whom were also slandered on the regular in there... so I guess I knew it would come to a head at some point.

I have no desire to drag this on. I have no wish to stampede overe there using an alter and try and have online fights with them - because frankly? That's really sad behavior. It's the behavior of a teenager, not an almost 40 year old.

It's hilarious that there are those overe there who believe that they "live in our heads" considering they have a 2+ year old thread dedicated to us and apparently follow some of our social feeds and we... made one of them a meme that gets mentioned occasionally in passing?

It's funny that they feel as if they were only banned for disagreements... as if diemen doesn't have the receipts; as if they think posts made on a sub Reddit have disappeared because this particular sub was closed for violent, racist behavior... as if they're the only ones who have figured out how to take a screenshot?

Whatever. Maybe i'm not seeing it. Probably the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

So, hey. It's all good. I'm happy to simply call it a day and move on. We won't go make fake names and post on your site (which, ya know, we haven't) and you guys stay out of here (since we know you're watching) Or not. I don't really care. I don't dwell on this shit.

Except, of course, for this. At some point someone made a comment about how it's a shame I'm such an asshole because I have a beautiful family. What I do for a living was mentioned... sort of. What was mentioned certainly is related to what I do now, but it's a bit more elaborate than that. It's part of why I'm so fabulously wealthy, after all.

All of this by people whom I do not know. If they walked past me right now I wouldn't have the slightest of clues who they were.

There was even a little run about what would happen if they met me in person.

Let me tell you what would happen.

I'm sure you're expecting me to make some sort of threat of physical violence, because I'm an angry NYer, or something. I sit on my couch cursing at the Giants and throwing things (ok, this may be true)

This is what would happen. I'd shake your hand. Maybe buy you a beer and talk, much like I've done with pretty much every interference member I've happened to run into at any sort of U2 type event.

The key there is U2 related event - where it wouldn't be without reason to bump into other members of U2 related event. If anyone ever searched me out outside of a space where you'd expect to meet other U2 fans, I'd call the police. Alas, I'm not expecting that to be an issue.

Nobody here has ever posted about any of your personal lives - only online behavior. That's a line that should not be crossed. The person who called the guy's church? He was banned for life. Everyone agrees it as a horrific thing to do. Sure, it's an interference meme. But I thought you guys understood memes.

Leave my personal life out of yours. I for one will do the same, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I'm fairly certain that those here who I've met in person would do the same. And if you're hiding in my social feeds? That's really fucking sad and borderline stalkerish. Grow up.

You stay in your fish bowl. We'll stay in ours.

And if you see me at a concert some day? By all means - come talk. Don't want to? That's cool, too.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:40 AM   #691
Blue Crack Addict

That’s bull shit you wouldn’t buy me a beer, you won’t even play ball with me.

But yes I try to stick to the notion that at the end of the day, unless you act like gzus, your online persona is not how I will react to you in real life. In fact I try to remind myself (and others) that you’re all people, and disagree as we may, people are complex things.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:44 AM   #692
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
That’s bull shit you wouldn’t buy me a beer, you won’t even play ball with me.

But yes I try to stick to the notion that at the end of the day, unless you act like gzus, your online persona is not how I will react to you in real life. In fact I try to remind myself (and others) that you’re all people, and disagree as we may, people are complex things.
You wouldn't bring the debit card
Old 01-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #693
Blue Crack Addict

I’ll bring CASH MONEY
I want you to tell me how... defensive... of a player I am
Old 01-31-2020, 11:56 AM   #694
Blue Crack Addict

This impeachment is only going to benefit Trump, I believed that before it all started and that's why I was against it. He's raised a ton of money off of it for his reelection campaign. He will use it ad nauseum for his narcissistic victimhood complex to gain sympathy. And he will perpetuate what his lawyers have started-that this was all just an effort to get him off the ballot and "undo" the 2016 results.

Get ready for four more years of the orange clown. He truly is Teflon Don.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:56 AM   #695
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I’ll bring CASH MONEY
Old 01-31-2020, 11:59 AM   #696
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Aww I was hoping I’d get to read. Did my character have any major parts

At one point you were mentioned as ‘most likely to sincerely apologize’. This was the closest they got to a compliment.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #697
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
This impeachment is only going to benefit Trump, I believed that before it all started and that's why I was against it. He's raised a ton of money off of it for his reelection campaign. He will use it ad nauseum for his narcissistic victimhood complex to gain sympathy. And he will perpetuate what his lawyers have started-that this was all just an effort to get him off the ballot and "undo" the 2016 results.

And Mike Bloomberg has more money committed to this than Trump could ever dream of raising, and that's whether he's the candidate or not.

Money is not an issue here.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:10 PM   #698
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

This is what would happen. I'd shake your hand. Maybe buy you a beer and talk, much like I've done with pretty much every interference member I've happened to run into at any sort of U2 type event.

so ... after reading through some of that, and from other things i've put together, i would have real, genuine safety concerns about one specific member of that group. i find him really scary and would keep my distance in real life, at a U2 event or otherwise.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #699
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

I used to think this, but beginning to see that this may not be true.

Allow me to explain (as if you have a choice)

Sure, he's going to play the ultimate victim card with this. But guess what? He would be doing it anyway with a whole list of other things. The main question is. What changes?

First, nothing will change from the Trump cult. Nothing. He could slap one of their kids across the face and spit on them, and they would apologize to Lord Don profusely, and bow to him. That's baked in the cake. A cult member is not mentally right, and no matter what happens, they are there to stay.

BUT
What will change is the people that voted for Trump, maybe reluctantly, maybe out of frustration of some sort, maybe out of naively believing lies about Hillary, etc...
But now, we have seen first hand the steady bleed of moderate suburban voters from that voting block.
What is happening now with Repubs in the senate blocking all witnesses and documents, will not hit those people well. They are part of the 75% of the public that want witnesses, because they want to see all the facts, and they know deep down Trump is guilty.

So the net gain/loss here is going to, IMO, go against Trump. He will keep that bleeding wound of college educated suburban voters open and oozing with all of his nonsense. While his cult base will stay static at about 36%. Sure he may keep another decent percentage of those voters that are on the fence about this whole thing. But that isn't nearly enough.

I think we have to remember at the razor-thin margins that got him into the office in the first place. And no matter what Dem goes up against him this time , they will NOT suffer from the same horrible baggage as Hillary had to drag around.

Sorry, had to edit that last sentence.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:16 PM   #700
Blue Crack Supplier

the one silver lining of Alexander's statement what that he straight up said that the Dems proved their case -- Trump absolutely held up the money in exchange for an investigation into the Bidens. there was a quid pro quo. and that this was bad conduct.

he's just fine with it. as are the rest of the criminals in the GOP.