US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is horrific an inexplicable.

We are literally watching amoeba-shaped groups of people standing on astroturf in some godforsaken gymnasium and some D-list reporters yelling at us on screen.

How is this permitted to go on in 2020??

“The president is lying. He a pathological liar who lies about everything: his fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan.”
-Mike Bloomberg

This... this is the content I expect.
:ohmy:
:applaud: :applaud: Oh, yeah!
Mayor Mike - i didn't expect him to be so ...umm..... pithy! :lol:

Guys we're really hurting our reputation as a communist echo chamber
I guess I'll haul out the ole "hammer & sickle", then?

But wait I wanted to hear about Ivanka’s, Don Junior’s and Eric Trump’s magnificent achievements too while we are at it.
Ivanka has created 15 billion jobs.
And juggled child rearing while her husband finally brought peace to the Middle East.
These kids are so full of WIN!!!

:|

But i know that those mainly deal with healthcare and services for women, children and underprivileged families, so that probably means useless to you.
Move along along here, nothing but undeserving people here.

She was highly praised for her time as SoS . Also, as SoS she was actually working to strengthen relationships with Europe and our allies , asserting our position of leadership in the world, while not groveling to Russia, so I guess that must be tough for you.
:up:

What has Pompeo done again? Oh yeah, given sweaty, jibberish-filled sunday show interviews trying to make excuse after excuse for whatever Trump has most recently fucked up.
:lol:

JUST IMAGINE Obama behaving like that.

Trump's mental state is very poor. Which only makes the GOP's complicity that much more criminal.
It would have ,daaaamn nasty if Prs Obama had behaved like that at a big sporting event - the Superbowl being the superrest of USA events.

Well it was a brown person singing it, so it doesn't count.
That's right!

:|

Last edited:
how in the hell is this a legitimate voting system

I don't see the problem. You come in with who you want to vote for.
But remember, that doesn't matter.
If there aren't enough who agree with you, your preference means nothing
So you have to choose again.
While people are wandering around trying to convince each other to join them, sometimes it is helpful to make a lot of noise to distract in this process.
If you still aren't in a group big enough, then you can strike deals with other groups and have some of your people go with someone they really don't want, but you might get one delegate instead of zero, and they might get one too! Win!

If it's too close, then you can flip a coin.
And then even if you get the most votes, that still means you might not get enough delegates.

So, I really don't see how you could have any issue with this .

Last edited:
oh GAWD.

Watching the reporter at Pete's headquarters. Waiting on pete to speak. People are filing onto the risers behind the podium. You know, the people that will be on camera.
About half are African American or Hispanic.
Come on Pete. LOL. Someone look for the Craigslist ad for seat fillers....

I don't see the problem. You come in with who you want to vote for.
But remember, that doesn't matter.
If there aren't enough who agree with you, your preference means nothing
So you have to choose again.
While people are wandering around trying to convince each other to join them, sometimes it is helpful to make a lot of noise to distract in this process.
If you still aren't in a group big enough, then you can strike deals with other groups and have some of your people go with someone they really don't want, but you might get one delegate instead of zero, and they might get one too! Win!

If it's too close, then you can flip a coin.
And then even if you get the most votes, that still means you might not get enough delegates.

So, I really don't see how you could have any issue with this .

oh okay thanks that clears it up perfectly, obviously this process is 100% on the level. :up:

Last edited:
On a more serious note.

The delay in results gave me time to see the entrance poll numbers over and over again.

The one thing that stood out to me was the Pete scored highly in many areas. And surprisingly highly in areas I thought he would be weak.
One that stuck out was people that said being electable was their top priority, Pete actually beat Biden by one point. That is some strange stuff right there.
Also, in the maybe 6 or 7 areas that they covered on the news, when it came to groups that needed to "realign" I was pretty struck by the fact that Pete seemed to be the name that came up the most.

It looks like there are some signs that are pointing to a strong Pete showing.

I also saw something that Petes campaign has been tweeting out some results. Looks like he won some unexpected precincts.

would be nice to see some numbers. I like Pete. But god, I just can't see him beating Trump. I really can't. Polling at zero percent with black voters, while Trump polls around 9% is just about as bad a scenario as i can think of.

Well,
Looks like I was onto something there. Just saw what Pete said from the stage.

"So we don’t know all the results, but we know by the time it’s all said and done, Iowa you have shocked the nation.”

So even without results, they know from the number of areas they were viable in, and the few results they do have, that something big happened for them.

a campaign claiming great success before the returns are announced isn't anything new. wait for legit results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom