US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Hillary really is a lazy woman who just rode on her husband's coattails. It's honestly not surprising to me that people still question her accomplishments-lather, rinse, repeat.

The quote is being taken out of context. I hate that I feel the need to sit here and speak for vlad... he clearly was commenting on how he didn’t believe her accomplishments as a member of various high offices (as a politician) were positive ones.

Vlad obviously isn’t stupid and doesn’t think Hilary Clinton isn’t a very highly decorated individual in terms of lifetime accomplishments, and I’m sure he appreciates her relevance as a female who has pushed the boundaries on a lot of that.

There’s no need to take his not-explained criticism out of context, seeing as we know who he is and we already know what he thinks. Throwing your arms up and adding him as just another data point of “people who question Clinton’s accomplishments” is just unnecessary.

I truly hope you're joking.

I just did a quick google search to find a good list for you, because I didn't think it worth the time to type out a bunch of stuff that I am aware of. This list is actually quite comprehensive.

I would challenge anyone to put up a list of accomplishments from any other candidate now, or possibly ever that has had anywhere near Clinton's accomplishments. I'll even challenge someone to come up with even half as long a list as this one.

I"m sorry, I'm just absolutely astounded that someone at this point doesn't now Clinton's background. It was one of the big reasons I switched from Bernie to her. No one comes close to her experience and background.

I would encourage everyone to actually read through this list. Notice the range of issues she covers And just how focused on women, children and families she has been.

•First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College.
•President of the Wellesley Young Republicans
•Intern at the House Republican Conference
•Distinguished graduate of Yale Law School
•Editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action
•Chair of the American Bar Association’s Commission on Women in the Profession
•Legal work at the Yale Child Study Center for child abuse
•Appointed to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor.
•Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
•Staff attorney for Children's Defense Fund
•Faculty member in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
•Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic.
•First female chair of the Legal Services Corporation
•Jimmy Carter’s Indiana director of field operations
•First female partner at Rose Law Firm.
•Former civil litigation attorney.
•Former Law Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
•twice listed by The National Law Journal as one of the hundred most influential lawyers in America
•Former First Lady of Arkansas.
•Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983
•Chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession
•twice named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America
•created Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth
•Chaired Arkansas’ Rural Health Advisory Committee, working to expand medical facilities for the poor
•Chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
•Chair of Presidential Task Force on National Health Care Reform
•Instrumental in passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program
•Promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses
•Successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health
•Worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War (now recognized as Gulf War Syndrome)
•Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice
•Initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act
•Helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.
•Beijing speech considered by many to be one of the turning points of international women’s rights
•Served on five Senate committees:
-Committee on Budget (2001–2002)
-Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009)
-Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009)
-Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009)
-Special Committee on Aging.
•Member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
•Instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment
•Leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.
•In the aftermath of September 11th, secured $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
• Middle East ceasefire. In November 2012, Secretary of State Clinton brokered a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas.
• Myanmar transition
•Iran nuclear deal framework
•Promoting LGBT rights in Africa as Secretary of State
•HIV/AIDS testing and treatment through C linton Foundation partnership with ANTIAIDS and the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in Ukraine
•Launched Global Hunger and Food Security program
•Saved the Turkish-Armenian accord
•Co-sponsored Afghan Women and Children Relief Act of 2001
•Co-sponsored Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act of 2001
•Co-sponsored Dem Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act of 2006
•Co-sponsored Iraq Reconstruction Accountability Act of 2006
•Co-sponsored Palestinian Anti-Terrorism Act of 2006
•Co-sponsored Native American Breast & Cervical Cancer Treatment Technical Amendment Act of 2001
•Co-sponsored Pediatric Research Equity Act of 2003
•Co-sponsored PREEMIE Act
•Co-sponsored Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007
•Co-sponsored Prevention First Act (family planning)
•Wrote Count Every Vote Act of 2005
•Co-sponsored re-introducing the Equal Rights Amendment
•Co-sponsored Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
•Co-sponsored Methamphetamine Production Prevention Act of 2008
•Co-sponsored PROTECT Our Children Act of 2008
•Co-sponsored KIDS Act of 2008
•Co-sponsored Broadband Data Improvement Act
•Co-sponsored Appalachian Regional Development Act Amendments of 2008
•Co-sponsored Healthy Start Reauthorization Act of 2007
•Co-sponsored Hematological Cancer Research Investment and Education Act of 2002
•Co-sponsored Persian Gulf War POW/MIA Accountability Act of 2002
•Co-sponsored FHA Downpayment Simplification Act of 2002
•Co-sponsored Strengthen AmeriCorps Program Act
•Co-sponsored 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act
•Co-sponsored Traumatic Brain Injury Act of 2008
•Co-sponsored ALS Registry Act
•Co-sponsored Poison Center Support, Enhancement, and Awareness Act of 2008
•Co-sponsored Veterans’ Mental Health and Other Care Improvements Act of 2008
•Built Arkansas’ Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youngster
•Reformed Arkansas’ education system as chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
•Co-sponsored Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006
•Expanded the Family Medical Leave Act to include national guard/reservist
•Established family compensation/small business loan programs
•Co-sponsored Procedural Fairness for September 11 Victims Act of 2007
•Helped create Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice
•Helped pass Adoption and Safe Families Act
•Helped pass Foster Care Independence Act
•Supported and promoted the passage and rollout of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), which expanded health insurance for children in lower-income families.
•Changed State Department policy to include same sex couples in Diplomat benefits package
•Two-term New York Senator
•Former US Secretary of State
•GRAMMY Award Winner
•Author

Ok ,now seriously. Just because someone has held a lot of positions doesn’t mean she was good at them or did anything worthwhile. I mean as a Senator and Secretary of State she was ineffective at best, useless at worst. She may or may not have been fired for being an ineffective attorney during the Nixon years (stories differ on that one).

But when I interview people for jobs, it’s nice to know what positions they’ve held, but it’s more important what they DID, was there a positive impact?

I know this doesn’t cover your entire list of “achievements “, some of which are actual achievements, but a big chunk of your list is “had this position, had this position “.

Bernie has accomplished even less in his life to be honest , Joe Biden, 50 years I’m Washington, done nothing but plagiarize , grope kids, and sniff women’s hair.

By your overtly stringent requirements, has your agent orange accomplished?

Groped a handful of women, grew his inherited fortune at a slower rate than the stock market, got roasted on Comedy Central, and what, wrote the art of the deal? Lol

The quote is being taken out of context. I hate that I feel the need to sit here and speak for vlad... he clearly was commenting on how he didn’t believe her accomplishments as a member of various high offices (as a politician) were positive ones.

Vlad obviously isn’t stupid and doesn’t think Hilary Clinton isn’t a very highly decorated individual in terms of lifetime accomplishments, and I’m sure he appreciates her relevance as a female who has pushed the boundaries on a lot of that.

There’s no need to take his not-explained criticism out of context, seeing as we know who he is and we already know what he thinks. Throwing your arms up and adding him as just another data point of “people who question Clinton’s accomplishments” is just unnecessary.

What is the context? He underlined accomplishments and asked me to elaborate. I guess it's the FYM club context in which everyone knows who everyone is and what they think. I don't belong to that, don't spend enough time here. And was away for a long time, honestly don't remember any of his "context".

I never suggested he is "stupid", you're getting a bit carried away there.

I was talking about her lifetime of accomplishments. I'm not rating her job performance. It's accomplishing nothing for Bernie supporters to boo her. Maybe they should start chanting lock her up too.

What is the context? He underlined accomplishments and asked me to elaborate. I guess it's the FYM club context in which everyone knows who everyone is and what they think. I don't belong to that, don't spend enough time here. And was away for a long time, honestly don't remember any of his "context".

I never suggested he is "stupid", you're getting a bit carried away there.

I was talking about her lifetime of accomplishments. I'm not rating her job performance. It's accomplishing nothing for Bernie supporters to boo her. Maybe they should start chanting lock her up too.

I struggled to place who this post was in response to:

Wow Hillary really is a lazy woman who just rode on her husband's coattails. It's honestly not surprising to me that people still question her accomplishments-lather, rinse, repeat.

So I can only assume it was a follow-on to Vlad, which seems like you’re sarcastically implying the recipient is just some ignorant sheep who is preaching the right’s anthem on Clinton.

I struggled to place who this post was in response to:

So I can only assume it was a follow-on to Vlad, which seems like you’re sarcastically implying the recipient is just some ignorant sheep who is preaching the right’s anthem on Clinton.

You really enjoy arguing for the sake of doing so, me I'm good. You're putting the "ignorant sheep" thing onto me. That's not me, I don't name call other posters around here or imply that they're anything.

He underlined accomplishments and I explained my response. If my post was sarcastic well it's hardly the first time sarcasm has been used here.

Please just drop it, Vlad will be ok.

You really enjoy arguing for the sake of doing so, me I'm good. You're putting the "ignorant sheep" thing onto me. That's not me, I don't name call other posters around here or imply that they're anything.

He underlined accomplishments and I explained my response. If my post was sarcastic well it's hardly the first time sarcasm has been used here.

Please just drop it, Vlad will be ok.

I’m aware Vlad will be okay. My retort to you’re post was because you’re doubling down about something that wasn’t the point. Because I can see his side to the point, but he’s not that active.

You can disregard my posts as “arguing for the sake of arguing” or whatever. That’s sort of lame though. You’re not willing to address what he really meant and I get that, because you already know what he really meant. You went full straw man argument here. We aren’t in an echo chamber. Expect a response if someone disagrees with what you’re saying.

Donald Trump was a mobbed up reality TV star masquerading as a real estate tycoon.

But sure, let's talk about what the Democrats have accomplished.

But wait I wanted to hear about Ivanka’s, Don Junior’s and Eric Trump’s magnificent achievements too while we are at it.

By your overtly stringent requirements, has your agent orange accomplished?

Groped a handful of women, grew his inherited fortune at a slower rate than the stock market, got roasted on Comedy Central, and what, wrote the art of the deal? Lol

You're being far too kind. He didn't just grope a handful of women. at least 24, and raped 3! Accomplishments!
And the Art of the Deal was written for him.
We could go on to list all his other failures, but i'm sure we are all familiar.

Ok ,now seriously. Just because someone has held a lot of positions doesn’t mean she was good at them or did anything worthwhile. I mean as a Senator and Secretary of State she was ineffective at best, useless at worst. She may or may not have been fired for being an ineffective attorney during the Nixon years (stories differ on that one).

But when I interview people for jobs, it’s nice to know what positions they’ve held, but it’s more important what they DID, was there a positive impact?

I know this doesn’t cover your entire list of “achievements “, some of which are actual achievements, but a big chunk of your list is “had this position, had this position “.

Bernie has accomplished even less in his life to be honest , Joe Biden, 50 years I’m Washington, done nothing but plagiarize , grope kids, and sniff women’s hair.

Always cute when you chime in. Any examples that would back up the claim of her being useless as a senator and SoS? Cause it sounds like you're just spouting bullshit and hope people think it's true, like your tangerine lord and master.

Clinton was a senator for just 8 years, and in that time she 713 pieces of legislation. 363 of those were Senate bills, the rest, amendments or resolutions. Clinton was listed as a co-sponsor on 74 bills that became law. Which if you are familiar with the pass rate of bills becoming law, you would realize that is incredibly high.
But i know that those mainly deal with healthcare and services for women, children and underprivileged families, so that probably means useless to you.

She was highly praised for her time as SoS . Also, as SoS she was actually working to strengthen relationships with Europe and our allies , asserting our position of leadership in the world, while not groveling to Russia, so I guess that must be tough for you.

What has Pompeo done again? Oh yeah, given sweaty, jibberish-filled sunday show interviews trying to make excuse after excuse for whatever Trump has most recently fucked up.

Someone go get the clip of Donald Trump praising Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State and ask gzus our lord and savior what he thinks

That's right. I'm amazed that people here still seem to be confused as to what angle I'm coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom