US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2020, 07:13 AM   #201
Babyface

Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Hey there Trump supporters! Go fuck yourselves.
If your milk was sour in the morning, you'd find a way to blame Trump.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:14 AM   #202
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Welcome back
Who do you think you're talking to?

Old 01-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHomeAlabam View Post
If your milk was sour in the morning, you'd find a way to blame Trump.
Sure, that's what it is. It's not that he's dangerously inept, or that he has had lifelong connections to the mafia, or that he's an absolutely horrible businessman who was propped up on his daddy's money and shady naming rights schemes. It's not that we're so fucking stupid as a nation that millions of people thought he was a good businessman because a good damned scripted television show told you he was.

It's because I'm just bitter.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #204
War Child

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Dyou know what would really set this off? Kim to do a "special" Trump ICBM launch!
Old 01-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #205
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Hi sting, bye sting.
My favorite thing about late stage interference is the trolls who keep coming back to a place they've been kicked out of and claim that the people who are still here are the ones who have no lives.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #206
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHomeAlabam View Post
Who do you think you're talking to?
Hi financeguy, bye financeguy.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #207
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Hi sting, bye sting.

Exactly.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

Man. It's a troll-o-rama
Old 01-08-2020, 09:22 AM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Sure, that's what it is. It's not that he's dangerously inept, or that he has had lifelong connections to the mafia, or that he's an absolutely horrible businessman who was propped up on his daddy's money and shady naming rights schemes. It's not that we're so fucking stupid as a nation that millions of people thought he was a good businessman because a good damned scripted television show told you he was.

It's because I'm just bitter.
I also think that you are just bent out of shape because he's sexually assaulted dozens of women, raped 3, one a 13 year old, and he licks Putin's taint. These things are all the hallmarks of a great leader, and Headache is just so twisted and bitter that he blames EVERYTHING on our brave, thoughtful leader.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hi financeguy, bye financeguy.
lol that guy was such a dork when he was here but i didn't expect he'd come back.

another chud bites the dust.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #211
War Child

NYT White House mouthpiece Maggie Haberman is already hinting that Trump wants to divert from this course, and Iran has basically stated that this retaliation is all they intend to do so long as Trump backs off. So this may settle down here, as long as Trump actually sticks with this plan. Who knows how long that will hold true.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren got bullied into falling in line on the rhetoric about Iran by Meghan fucking McCain. I can't imagine confidence in her ability to debate Trump is high.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:05 PM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I thought Warren did just fine with Megan 'MY DAD IS JOHN MCCAIN!!!' McCain. Ignore the little brat. She brings nothing of value.

I originally thought Warren would struggle in debates, but she's a bit wittier than I gave her credit.

No one is going to do well in debate with Trump, assuming there are debates. How can you debate with someone who literally lies about everything?

As for Iran, this isn't the end of this. I think they're playing Trump and his administration. They will get their revenge at some point, and that's not including any proxy groups that'll act out.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier

i hate everything.

Quote:

According to flight data recorded by Flightradar 24, the plane took off at 2:42 universal time, or 6.12 a.m. local time, a little more than three hours after Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles at Iraqi bases hosting U.S. troops. Three minutes later, it had reached an altitude of nearly 8,000 feet and was continuing to climb at a steady ground speed of 276 knots, or 318 mph. Then, abruptly, it dropped. A state-run Iranian media outlet released a video that appeared to show the aircraft descending in flames before impacting the ground.

An Iranian official told the IRNA news agency that a fire had broken out in one of the engines, causing the pilot to lose control.

Engine malfunctions can certainly cause planes to crash but generally not in the manner observed with Flight 752. The wing, not the engine, is what keeps a plane in the air, and even if a plane loses power in all its engines, it can still glide for a considerable distance under pilot control (see: the Miracle on the Hudson). Even if an engine catches fire, the flight crew generally has time to respond.

Worth noting too is that Iran’s explanation came implausibly quickly, before officials had scarcely had a chance to pick through the still-smoldering debris. Tellingly, Ukrainian officials, who had endorsed the engine-failure explanation soon after the crash, soon backtracked, saying it was too early to ascribe a cause.

Meanwhile, the sudden loss of flight data suggests a catastrophic event that instantly destroyed or disrupted the electronic equipment that transmits the data.

To be sure, there are ways other than a missile strike that a passenger plane can come to catastrophic grief soon after takeoff. In the case of Flight 752, however, none seem to fit very well. The plane was fairly new, the pilots quite experienced. It is plausible, however, that Iranian air-defense forces would have been on high alert. President Trump had already warned that the U.S. military would aggressively bomb Iran if the country used force in the spiraling escalation between the two countries. Tehran, the nation’s capital, would be an obvious target. Memories remain fresh of U.S. airstrikes against Baghdad at the start of its wars against Iraq.

If the tragedy was indeed the result of an accidental shoot-down, it presents eerie echoes of the destruction of Iran Air 655, an Airbus A300 that the U.S. destroyer Vincennes shot down on July 3, 1988, killing all 290 aboard. That accident also happened during a period of heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran — though in that case, it was overeager U.S. personnel who mistakenly pulled the trigger.

In the wake of this morning’s crash, some voices argued against premature speculation. For instance, one much-circulated set of images showed the plane’s wreckage with circles around what seemed to be puncture marks from shrapnel. Nick Waters, a member of the group Bellingcat, which did extensive open-source intelligence investigations into another shoot-down of a civilian airliner (MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014), urged caution. “Hey all, be careful about analysis of holes in various parts of the plane,” Waters tweeted. “For example: these images show the same piece, where at least some of the ‘holes’ actually appear to be small rocks or other debris in higher resolution images.”

Given the pace of air-crash investigations, it will be at least several days before a clearer picture emerges and months or years before the truth can definitively be known. For now, the tragedy seems almost uncannily engineered to stimulate public reaction with a trifecta of breaking-news hashtags: Boeing, Iran, and Ukraine.

Iran Plane 737 Crash in Tehran: Was It Shot Down?
Old 01-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

While I do not count out the notion of an accidental shoot down at all, the speculation there is a bit much. Aircraft engine failure can absolutely take down an aircraft if the engine failure is catastrophic. If an engineer somehow manages to spontaneously explode, for example, and perhaps at 8000 feet the aircraft is in a roll because it’s still observing takeoff airspace, and that explosion damages flight control surfaces on the wing and renders it uncontrollable, the aircraft could easily roll into a stall and fall. It would be abnormal for a 737-800 for sure, which is an aircraft with a tremendous record. I haven’t looked up that particular aircraft’s age, but 737-800s aren’t always new anymore, and maintenance records are far more important than age honestly.

Anyways. Iran’s refusal to pass over the box to Boeing is more of a red flag here, but I don’t like the overreach of the author’s speculation.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Great so now we get to listen to trump boast about what a great hero he was to avoid a war lol.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:31 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Watching a "Frontline" episode right now about the Trump administration's immigration policy as related to El Paso, and how that tied into the mass shooting that eventually took place there.

Everyone in this administration that signed off on and supported this awful, heinous policy a) are absolute pieces of shit and can go straight to hell, and b) deserves to be charged with human rights violations and thrown in jail. If and when we get a Democrat back in the White House, we NEED to demand that happen. This is just...horrifying.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor

i'll tell you this... if my 409k is depleted, i'm definitely blaming trump

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/st...90610736947201
Old 01-09-2020, 11:29 AM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

scene: senate hart office building, late night, thursday january 2, 2020.

"senator, iranian general qasim soleimani has just been killed in baghdad."

"who?"

"uhhhhh..."

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...0406shn&geo=US
Old 01-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #219
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/Mimirocah1/statu...847066112?s=19
Old 01-09-2020, 12:04 PM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
scene: senate hart office building, late night, thursday january 2, 2020.

"senator, iranian general qasim soleimani has just been killed in baghdad."

"who?"

"uhhhhh..."

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...0406shn&geo=US
To be fair, 80% of those searches came from Matt Gaetz's office