US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wasn't a viable candidate any longer, and it would behoove most of the rest of the field to follow her lead and drop out the same way.

Biden is a total disaster. I absolutely believe that he would lose to Trump. He is a horrible campaigner, people are not excited about him, he doesn't even seem to have great campaign staff to mitigate how bad he is on the campaign trail and he sounds less and less coherent with every passing month. Donald Trump is totally incoherent too but his followers don't care and he is the master of distraction for the media so none of that will be a negative for him.

Yes, he is absolutely toxic in the suburbs. But if the economy is humming along and the impeachment process does not play well with the public by the time it's over then really anything could happen.

He doesn’t excite me at all. There’s actually nothing about his proposals that i really like or enjoy (i don’t think they’d really hurt the country compared to a GOP position).

He does seem to have lost something mentally and that scares me.

But he’s still the only one who beats Trump in the states that matter. And he’s going to win the primary easily. He may lose some of the “whitest” states but he’ll be carried over the finish line by Super Tuesday

It’ll come down to his VP pick, and there’s talk that Harris would make a great AG

And he’s going to win the primary easily. He may lose some of the “whitest” states but he’ll be carried over the finish line by Super Tuesday

It’ll come down to his VP pick, and there’s talk that Harris would make a great AG

Assuming Vice President Biden did get to pick a running mate, a 'good' choice could make Biden himself look even more frail and confused in comparison. :shrug:

She wasn't a viable candidate any longer, and it would behoove most of the rest of the field to follow her lead and drop out the same way.

I reckon everyone still left aside from Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, and Biden should have already dropped out, and Biden should really get the tap on the shoulder for his senility.

Assuming Vice President Biden did get to pick a running mate, a 'good' choice could make Biden himself look even more frail and confused in comparison. :shrug:

Would agree to this, and also I think Harris as AG would do nothing but piss off those to the left of his own party, as most of that crowd are critical of her... as AG of California. Not as senator.

Would agree to this, and also I think Harris as AG would do nothing but piss off those to the left of his own party, as most of that crowd are critical of her... as AG of California. Not as senator.

It would also be a terrible position to take if she is at all interested in running for President again. There is literally no position whose record can hurt you more than that of AG.

Say... you wouldn't happen to be a banned member coming back under a new name, would you?
That's what i thought.

Why is it white people aren't allowed to criticize or have an opinion on the problems within the "black community", yet black people are allowed to criticize white people all they want?
Because of too much personal bigotry & institutional R-A-C-I-S-M, you of possibly willful ignorance.

Oh, you can have an opinion, you jus better be ready to be counteted, maybe YELLED AT, or even maybe engaged in a meaning fully IF you have or listened to a lot of African-Americans over the years and convey your thoughts in nuanced thoughtful ways.

And i don't mean just Candance Owens and Co.

And BTW do you listen yo U2 despite bring "Pinkos"?
And to quote Obi wan K, "Now hat's a name (pinkos) I haven't heard in a long time.A long time".

Oh boy [emoji23]
:hi5:

Trump called Schiff a deranged human being. I guess on Twitter? He must be done embarrassing the US at the NATO meeting.

Deranged human being, talk about pot kettle.
No, he said it (somewhere). Heard it on the radio.
Ahhhh, yes. Look how "deranged" the mostly calm Rep Schiff was especially in comparison to the Bellowing Orange Bully.

If this is real?

Then, OhhhHhhh, snap! :lol:

And if it's not - still good.

WaPo has a good article on the House's Judiciary Committee.

They say there could be verbal brawling. The Repugs will try all manner of ways to tie up, derail the hearing tomorrow.

Rep Jerry Nadler (on the progressive side) (and was my Rep years back) tends to give a freer hand to his committee. I guess we'll see if he changes that some.
He also has been a nemesis of Trump for decades. :hmm:

I guess we'll see.

tenor.gif

Right, so I get that people without insurance pay huge amounts, as do people with crappy insurance pay slightly less huge amounts, but given that more than 90% of the population has insurance, and some of it very good — I never have a prescription more than $10, or pay more than a $20 copay, I once had a $40,000 hospital stay that was mostly covered and I paid $2k, things change after you meet a deductible, standard of care is top notch — it is wildly misleading to think that these numbers are the same for everyone.

I get it’s funny and it’s making a point, but it’s also eye rolling in it’s working assumptions.

Last edited:
Right, so I get that people without insurance pay huge amounts, as do people with crappy insurance pay slightly less huge amounts, but given that more than 90% of the population has insurance, and some of it very good — I never have a prescription more than $10, or pay more than a $20 copay, I once had a $40,000 hospital stay that was mostly covered and I paid $2k, things change after you meet a deductible, standard of care is top notch — it is wildly misleading to think that these numbers are the same for everyone.

I get it’s funny and it’s making a point, but it’s also eye rolling in it’s working assumptions.

that's great that 90%+ of people have insurance and that you aren't required to pay that kind of life-crippling money for treatment.

the point is that there is a large group of people out there who are uninsured (10ish% of the population of the US is something like 35 million people, and the vast majority of those are people who can't afford private insurance or are too ill already to qualify) and who do indeed have to pay exorbitant costs and make impossible choices like that, who would otherwise be covered for the majority of those costs under a system like the NHS. how is it morally justifiable to simply leave that many of the poorest people in the country to their fate just because they dont have (or can't work) a job that offers them coverage and they don't get paid enough to afford their own policy, in a country that could quite easily afford to pay for it?

that's great that 90%+ of people have insurance and that you aren't required to pay that kind of life-crippling money for treatment.

the point is that there is a large group of people out there who are uninsured (10ish% of the population of the US is something like 35 million people, and the vast majority of those are people who can't afford private insurance or are too ill already to qualify) and who do indeed have to pay exorbitant costs and make impossible choices like that, who would otherwise be covered for the majority of those costs under a system like the NHS. how is it morally justifiable to simply leave that many of the poorest people in the country to their fate just because they dont have (or can't work) a job that offers them coverage and they don't get paid enough to afford their own policy, in a country that could quite easily afford to pay for it?

I realize and don’t disagree. I just think the impression given is a false one, as if that’s the standard rather than the exception — trolling is still trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom