US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always offensive when white people try to explain the problems of the "black community." Just the other day I had a neighbor (who is a very decent person, btw) explain to me about how black kids don't have fathers. Again the implication was that there's just "something wrong" with black people that the fathers are out of the picture.

Why is it white people aren't allowed to criticize or have an opinion on the problems within the "black community", yet black people are allowed to criticize white people all they want?

So which is more of a problem TODAY in 2019 in the black community....the breakdown of the family OR "white supremacy?"

Jesus...this is what we've got. The malarkey bus can feel free to run over me when we get four more years of that orange clown

View attachment 12353

It's unbearable. And the polls seem to suggest that Bernie is on the upswing. I actually like him personally but if it's down between two nearly 80-year-old men, one of whom sounds like he's 95 mentally and the other just had a heart attack, and RBG hanging on by a thread, heaven help the entire world.

Say... you wouldn't happen to be a banned member coming back under a new name, would you?

Why, so you can get rid of someone who doesn't buy into the hive mentality here?

But, no I'm not. You're a moderator I'm sure you could tell if I was....

yeah totally brand new members who've never been here before know how to post in all of the active threads in various sub-forums instantly.

giphy.gif

Well obviously it is because you forgot to post in the “Introduce Yourself” sub-forum!

Is that a requirement? Looks like there's only like 10 or so from all of 2019 so that must not be a popular thing to do on here....

It's unbearable. And the polls seem to suggest that Bernie is on the upswing. I actually like him personally but if it's down between two nearly 80-year-old men, one of whom sounds like he's 95 mentally and the other just had a heart attack, and RBG hanging on by a thread, heaven help the entire world.

I like Bernie personally too but I couldn't vote for him. I fully support his goals to make things more equitable in this country, but I just don't see how financially he gets that done. Elizabeth Warren seems to have a more concrete plan to do it...but I still don't know. I actually think one of the best candidates now is Amy Klobuchar, a practical more moderate one. She'll be out soon because she can't raise the money.

I wish I could vote for Bloomberg just because of his stance on guns, but the rest of it... way too many questions right now.

I like Bernie personally too but I couldn't vote for him. I fully support his goals to make things more equitable in this country, but I just don't see how financially he gets that done. Elizabeth Warren seems to have a more concrete plan to do it...but I still don't know. I actually think one of the best candidates now is Amy Klobuchar, a practical more moderate one. She'll be out soon because she can't raise the money.

I wish I could vote for Bloomberg just because of his stance on guns, but the rest of it... way too many questions right now.

Amy will be our because of the shaky bangs. But I do like her.

Russia/Trump fears Biden and Harris the most. Just follow the Russian brewed smear campaign against Harris. That’s why I’d be fine with a Biden/Harris ticket.

Well, that's a little much to say you "couldn't vote for him". I mean, if your stance on guns is a main issue for you, any Dem, including Bernie is going to be light years ahead of Trump. Maybe you are referring to voting for him in the primary?
More importantly, the Supreme Court hangs in the balance, which means every issue important to us as a country hangs on it.

I personally have grown tired of Bernie and his bluster, but remember, that no matter how big the plans are, it still has to go through the house, so I wouldn't worry that he is going to make all the changes he is touting. Same goes for everyone.

It's getting interesting with polls swinging around all over in the first two primary states, but that's about it. beyond those states, Biden is still solidly in the lead. The truth is, with the huge field of Dems, every one has problems when looking at the general. I still am leaning for a Biden/Harris, or Biden/Abrams, or Warren... hmmmm I'm not sure what her best choice for VP would be, but it is NOT Gillum, as I know she was kind of poking around at. Maybe Warren/Castro? I would say Warren/Abrams, but unfortunately the sexism in the country would make it even more difficult for Warren than may be necessary.

I'm not throwing my support behind him even though I have in the past, as he fits into my "no more 70+ year old white dudes" bucket.

Alas - Mike Bloomberg is very good at reading data. Perhaps the best around. He's wanted to run in the past but has always decided against running.

That he's jumped in late, and thrown so much of his own cash in, tells me, as someone who's followed his political career since 2001, that the data is showing him there's a realistic path for him.

That's not an endorsement. I'd prefer he stay on the sidelines and fund candidates up and down the ballot the same way he did in 2018.

Alas, here we are.

Amy will be our because of the shaky bangs. But I do like her.

Russia/Trump fears Biden and Harris the most. Just follow the Russian brewed smear campaign against Harris. That’s why I’d be fine with a Biden/Harris ticket.
The fucking shaky bangs man.

Imagine the "ask not what your country can wo for you" speech byit with Jack Kennedy's hair quivering like a bowl of jello. Just can't have that.

And yes, this reasoning, which I fully support, is exactly why we got a reality game show host as president. Murica.

the guardian is making it sound like some sort of personal thing happened that is making her drop out, rather than it being from how the campaign is going. either way unless it's something tragic then i'm sure she'll be strongly considered for VP.

ah, scratch that - the timing is because at the end of the week the ballot for the california primary is finalized and her name would have been on it, and she didn't want to get crushed in her home state and make her re-election to senate in 2022 harder.

Wow I'm disappointed that Senator Harris dropped out. She closed campaign offices in New Hampshire and other places. It was reported a few days ago that there were serious staff problems that all seemed to stem from her campaign manager.

I think she'd be an excellent VP, I think she's qualified to be President too.

Team Trump is the official Twitter acct for the Trump campaign. Stay classy.

NEWS
Team Trump mocks Kamala Harris after she drops out
By Kate Sheehy

December 3, 2019 | 2:00pm

President Trump’s campaign team mocked Kamala Harris after she pulled out of the Democratic presidential race Monday — including by posting silent online footage of her waving goodbye.

The Twitter clip by “Team Trump” was followed by a retweet of a photo of a young Hillary Clinton, whom the president beat in 2016, alongside a snapshot of Harris as a little girl — with the comment, “The curse continues,” by original poster Julio Rosas, who works for the conservative website Townhall.com.

Intel report accuses Trump of putting his own interests above those of the US. Misconduct and obstruction. Nah, that's a lie! Report hoax!

Trump must be a bull in a china shop at Buckingham Palace tonight. They're probably all laughing at him behind his back.

She wasn't a viable candidate any longer, and it would behoove most of the rest of the field to follow her lead and drop out the same way.

Biden is a total disaster. I absolutely believe that he would lose to Trump. He is a horrible campaigner, people are not excited about him, he doesn't even seem to have great campaign staff to mitigate how bad he is on the campaign trail and he sounds less and less coherent with every passing month. Donald Trump is totally incoherent too but his followers don't care and he is the master of distraction for the media so none of that will be a negative for him.

Yes, he is absolutely toxic in the suburbs. But if the economy is humming along and the impeachment process does not play well with the public by the time it's over then really anything could happen.

Trump called Schiff a deranged human being. I guess on Twitter? He must be done embarrassing the US at the NATO meeting.

Deranged human being, talk about pot kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom