US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the victim with these people. But it works. The media then focuses on their baseless claims and people do believe us liberals are being too mean or too elite.

I mean how can you take her seriously? Claims she doesn't like being called a liar, then states that Trump reads more than any other person she's known.

I guess it could be true, which would say more about the people she knows than the volume of reading being done

I mean how can you take her seriously? Claims she doesn't like being called a liar, then states that Trump reads more than any other person she's known.

This is totally believable given that he's on Twitter like 18 hours a day while the rest of us have to work for a living.

He's keeping us safe!!!

Reports are out too that he's doing most of his "work" from the private quarters of the White House. Nothing to do with his health issues....nothing to see here at all!!

At this point it's becoming obvious that the Russians (some of whom are neck-deep in with Putin) are singing like canaries about their nefarious activities with Giuliani, Trump himself, Nunes, etc, totally voluntarily. To Congress, to the NY Times, and anyone else willing to listen. Curious implications.

lying liar sarah sanders says that it hurts her when people call her a liar. the person who admitted under oath that she made up lies really doesn't like it when people say that she lies. we should probably leave sarah "liar" sanders alone and stop constantly reminding people that she made up lies and told them to the media literally every single day for the benefit of a racist sexual predator, and earned a six figure salary while doing it.

after all, someone said some mean things to her once while she was eating tacos. this liar has clearly been through hell. hasn't she suffered enough for all the lies she made up? sad!

Too sad!

Huh? I missed her under testimony about admitting lying. :scratch:

Ok found it. So looooong ago! (May :sigh) 1Trump year = ?3 regular years.

Last edited:
In the meantime...

I'll take your McGhan and raise you one Ghouliani. :D

Federal Subpoenas Seek Information on Giuliani's Consulting Business
Rebecca Davis O’Brien, Rebecca Ballhaus, Shelby Holliday 2 hrs ago

Subpoenas issued to people with ties to President Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and his associates indicate a broad federal investigation into possible money laundering, obstruction of justice and campaign-finance violations, and suggest that prosecutors are looking closely at the work of Mr. Giuliani himself,
according to people familiar with the matter.

:whistle: :whistle:

Ok everybody - raise your middle fingers and sing with me!

Honest to goodness this stuff gets so awful at times - i just almost get loopy and have break out in song to get rebalanced. :)

Last edited:
Jus t hearing this now

Hmmm.....

Trump may be beginning to toss Rudi under the bus.h

He said Rudi had other clients re Russia. So Rudy may have hatched the bribery stuff (in stead of drumph himself)

So, don’t get me wrong — I firmly believe Trump should die in jail.

However, hearing the bone crunching sound of Ghouliani being thrown under any and all city buses — kind of like the bald Nazi in “Raiders” in the extended truck sequence — is a delicious thought.

These are nasty, spiteful people who seek to get ahead by hurting other people. These are men of cruelty. And they deserve bad things to happen to them. Not because of their politics, in and of themselves. But because they seek to harm other people.

Exactly

I can’t even fathom the amount of suffering and misery this group has caused just at the border with the kidnapping of children.

These are lives already born to hardship and to strip them away from the one thing they have, the one good thing in their life....there’s a lot of bad karma to come back to us In the future

So, don’t get me wrong — I firmly believe Trump should die in jail.

However, hearing the bone crunching sound of Ghouliani being thrown under any and all city buses — kind of like the bald Nazi in “Raiders” in the extended truck sequence — is a delicious thought.

These are nasty, spiteful people who seek to get ahead by hurting other people. These are men of cruelty. And they deserve bad things to happen to them. Not because of their politics, in and of themselves. But because they seek to harm other people.
Express buses, private buses, city tour buses, too?!
Eeew, grisely. Though a little part of me would relish that.
(No school buses, though - too traumatizing for children)

Trump in jail for the rest of his ubergreedy, violent/and violence signaling, and further destructive actions against various vulnerable populations? Yes. (one of) My Christmas or New Year's 2020 wish)
I totally get this. Men of cruelty. So effing true!

Not sure about their politics alone, though, Irving. For instance Repuglican, Mo Brooks 5th CD Alabama just recently (got "caught") said, "Sick people don't deserve affordable healthcare". Wtf (this is not new(s) to me, but to be brazenly blatant about it... That is a policy of cruelty (among others).

Exactly

I can’t even fathom the amount of suffering and misery this group has caused just at the border with the kidnapping of children.

These are lives already born to hardship and to strip them away from the one thing they have, the one good thing in their life....there’s a lot of bad karma to come back to us In the future

Multiple all the various (children being one of the most) vulnerable peoples already affected physically, mentally, emotionally etc. with policy alone, plus all the others. It's brutality in action.

Last edited:

The way I see it is that it's unsurprising that there are evil people like them in the world - whether they are factually amoral or immoral makes little difference to me. Not only are they evil but also opportunistic and parasitic. That's a phenomenon that has existed since the very beginning of time, but never before, in any era or period that came before ours, was there such naked transparency and ability for regular people to see exactly what is going on. For centuries the common people were uneducated and just trying to survive, and then during the modern era, until recently we didn't have easily accessible internet and access to news in basically every corner of the globe the way that we do now. AND YET we literally have tens of millions of people completely immune from facts or worse yet, aware of them but who simply do not care because "owning the libs" is more important than anything else to them. That is the worst part of all of this - not the fact that Trump and Giuliani are criminals.

thanksgiving05-88606029feaccdd9534a18ee45641b3c.png

Pete was 100% correct, and it’s also 100% why most white liberals hate Candace Owens, Adrian Norman, Ben Carson, etc, because they are saying the same thing.

The truth hurts many “woke” liberals

It’s possible to think the leftists attacks on Pete being some sort of racist are absurd, as well as understand that your favorite black tokens are snake oil salesmen designed to help you feel better about supporting a racist party — and the GOP is a racist party.

You also missed this part of the article:

Harriot is assuming that Buttigieg must have meant that the lack of role models is due simply to some pathology among black people, when actually, almost anyone who publicly talks of role models in this way intends, via implication, that the lack of role models is due to larger societal factors.

Your 5 black friends do not do this. In fact, they are on Fox News precisely to absolve a white person of any sort of feelings of collective guilt or responsibility for centuries of systemic racism. That’s their role — to give you an out, so you do feel free to think that black people suffer from some sort of cultural pathology, rather than systemic racism.

I promise you, Mayor Pete has little in common with Candace Owens.

Pete was 100% correct, and it’s also 100% why most white liberals hate Candace Owens, Adrian Norman, Ben Carson, etc, because they are saying the same thing.

The truth hurts many “woke” liberals

No, he was not 100% correct. But neither was author of the article in The Root who called him a lying MF. Pete is easily my favorite candidate in the race. The author of the article was suggesting that Pete was lying in that he knew the truth but chose not to state it, instead currying favor with white voters by suggesting the "lack of role models" was the reason more black kids aren't pursuing education. I can't say for sure that's true, but I will say that Pete needs to connect with black voters somehow. He hasn't yet been able to to do it, but it's a must. I think the way he handled the article with the phone call was a great way to start.

It's always offensive when white people try to explain the problems of the "black community." Just the other day I had a neighbor (who is a very decent person, btw) explain to me about how black kids don't have fathers. Again the implication was that there's just "something wrong" with black people that the fathers are out of the picture.

Buttigieg is a shitty, cynical candidate. His reign as mayor of South Bend has been much uglier than has been widely reported and analyzed, with scandal after scandal in regards to things like his handling of the police department. He has years of his past that he cannot talk about, which strongly implies that he was doing work for the CIA in the Middle East for several years. He has shifted viewpoints just within the last 9 months because he is a cynic who just wants to gain power. His about-face on Medicare for All from February to November of this year is a great example.

I don't know if he's an outright racist, but he's latched on to some racist tropes with his statements on the black community, as well as his campaign leaking that his poor polling with black voters is because they're too homophobic. What a great throwback to the days of Prop 8 that was! And that's not to mention him implying he had black support on the Douglass plan by adding people who did not support his plan to his campaign press releases, claiming all 400 people mentioned were black, and then backtracking to say it was a "multiracial coalition" when it was discovered they had lied about it.

(Also, as an aside, is the Douglass plan not exactly the same thing as the Pell Grant thing Kamala Harris got ridiculed for a few months back? I feel like that has not been talked about enough.)

Buttigieg might be my least favorite candidate in the whole race because of how cynical and opportunistic I believe him to be based on all of this, and I'm quite confident that his "surge" here is a mere flash in the pan. He's gotten a lot of funding from centrist donors who saw the writing on the wall with Biden and were scrambling to prop someone else up. I can't see it lasting.

No, he was not 100% correct. But neither was author of the article in The Root who called him a lying MF. Pete is easily my favorite candidate in the race. The author of the article was suggesting that Pete was lying in that he knew the truth but chose not to state it, instead currying favor with white voters by suggesting the "lack of role models" was the reason more black kids aren't pursuing education. I can't say for sure that's true, but I will say that Pete needs to connect with black voters somehow. He hasn't yet been able to to do it, but it's a must.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom