US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just spend about 5 minutes on Twitter/IG, etc.. on or around Trump/republican posts. It's still disgusting out there with race, gender and sexuality. Whatever you think it is. It's worse. Sad to say

Eh, those people continuing to have an issue with that stuff doesn't surprise me. It's par for the course with them, unfortunately.

I'm just hoping that voters outside of that particular block-the independents and any more moderate/non-Trump Republicans that still exist (however small a group that might be)-will align with the Democrats in being more open. I'll cop to being more optimistic than I probably should be sometimes with stuff like that, though, so... Lord knows events in recent years have only further added to the LGBTQ community's fears in general, after all.

Why are there still so many participants in the debate? A good 3 to 4 of them should have dropped out by now.

God, Joe Biden is terrible.

I know what the polls say but I can absolutely see him losing to Trump. He sounds senile, slow, not bright and just doesn't have the narcissistic arrogance needed to power through all those issues.

God, Joe Biden is terrible.

I know what the polls say but I can absolutely see him losing to Trump. He sounds senile, slow, not bright and just doesn't have the narcissistic arrogance needed to power through all those issues.

He's the only candidate that would just about guarantee a Trump victory, he would get bodied extremely badly. Everyone else left in the field are at worst a reasonable chance to topple Trump.

Biden makes Hillary look like an effortlessly fantastic operator.

Last edited:
It will totally become an issue. ie, do you think Putin from super homophobic Russian is going to take some homo seriously? And will go from there — being gay is far more of an issue globally than being a woman or being non-white. We are put to death and/or jailed in many countries.

the taoiseach (PM) of ireland is openly gay and he seems to command quite a bit of respect on the international stage from what i understand.

Looks like Biden is solidly back in the lead nationally by double digits. Is within margin of error of first place in Iowa and NH, ahead outside the margin in NV and way ahead in SC.

He was almost written off a couple months ago. But I think that the impeachment hearings have reignited what has remained the top priority of Dems the entire primary. Who can beat Trump. And Warren fumbled with M4A.

It will be interesting to see how this goes tonight.

on a side note. Disgusting that Tulsi is up there and Castro isn't.
Wait, is this pre or post Marijuana is a gateway drug? I would've thought for sure that would've tanked his numbers.

LOL. Thank you Devin the Cow, for making the point that Trump only released the aid because he got caught. You are as always, a gift that keeps on giving.

giphy.gif

Gym Jordan is the worst.

I can't believe we are forced to listen to this pervert scream at people about their lack of recollection of exact details. He should be shunned from polite society instead of lauded by the right for his "tenacity".

I heard that the only way to get Gym Jordan to stop yelling is to tell him that boys are being molested.

I just saw clips of her testimony earlier, notably the clip of her reminding them that yes, Russia was involved in hacking our elections. That was probably the most polite version of "Fuck you, you're all a bunch of morons" I've ever seen.

And now Lindsay Graham wants to open an investigation into the Bidens, because OF COURSE HE DOES. The GOP is such a piece of shit.

and now trump is blocking $100 million in aid from going to lebanon - this aid has been approved by both parties in congress, the pentagon supports releasing it, and the administration sent a memo to congress in august promising that it would be sent, but for no discernable reason the administration isn't sending it.

i'm sure there's absolutely nothing nefarious going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom