US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve said about fifteen times on here, the term “democrat plantation” is not mine, but is used by Candace Owens, and many other black conservatives to describe the system of victimhood, entitlement, and made up oppression that the Democratic Party has peddled to the black community for 50 years, since Lyndon Johnson, and continues to. A system of policies that has kept many in the black community dependent on the government, and stuck in poverty for generations. Candace Owens is a strong, intelligent black conservative woman.

Man, I haven’t seen Democrats hate a black woman this much since Rosa Parks. “Get back in line, you need us, how dare you try to be free of government help!”[emoji849]

How hard do you have to try to convince yourself that you accept black people and all Democrats have a giant conspiracy to oppress black people?

It’s genuinely amazing to read your posts. You’re so desperate to tell yourself that you’re the good guy.

How hard do you have to try to convince yourself that you accept black people and all Democrats have a giant conspiracy to oppress black people?

It’s genuinely amazing to read your posts. You’re so desperate to tell yourself that you’re the good guy.
That's the problem.

He's not trying hard. He actually believes this shit

Candace Owens is a businesswoman/grifter — she knows there’s an audience out there who don’t want to believe that the GOP has been centered by racism since the Civil Rights Act, and she’s able to sell them that fantasy.

Maybe she believes it. Who knows? But she knows who wants to hear/buy what she has to say, and it isn’t other black people.

this guy claims to be a "frk" about the teachings of jesus christ while also never wasting any opportunity to shit on poor people for having the temerity to be poor, so we shouldn't be surprised that he's able to pull off this kind of olympic-level hypocrisy mental gymnastics.

Last edited:
Man, when you hear this all out loud. It just makes my blood boil at these fucking weak as shit republicans. Disgusting that they could hear this and try to explain it away.

Also glad to see that they got Hill on the roster for public testimony. Reading some of her transcript, shows that she is fiery. And will dismantle republican questions.

We have yet to see how Taylor and Kent do with repub questioning today

how propaganda works

EJQ99j9XUAA0Eg5

EJQ99j-XkAAF0DR

Candace Owens is a strong, intelligent black conservative woman.

Man, I haven’t seen Democrats hate a black woman this much since Rosa Parks. “Get back in line, you need us, how dare you try to be free of government help!”[emoji849]

There’s something seriously wrong with you.

It's super relevant to all viewers to know just how many times Trump has tweeted about Adam Schiff....

also it's very important for viewers to be aware that trump has accused schiff repeatedly of treason, but not at all important to include the "without any evidence" part of that.

I saw him, once, on the ferry to PTown. I assume going to a fundraiser.

He seemed nice.

Oh he's a nice, charming man, but he'll tax the crap out of you after running on a campaign who's main platform was lowering property taxes (which of course never happened, but he did increase state sales and meals tax and attempted to raise state income tax)
And you'll get no added benefit from the additional taxes. (But his office did get a nice expensive makeover as soon as he was sworn in.)

Last edited:
Oh he's a nice, charming man, but he'll tax the crap out of you after running on a campaign who's main platform was lowering property taxes (which of course never happened, but he did increase state sales and meals tax and attempted to raise state income tax)
And you'll get no added benefit from the additional taxes. (But his office did get a nice expensive makeover as soon as he was sworn in.)

I know as good liberals we should gladly pay taxes — after all, we are immoral people if we don’t pay as much as possible — but I’ve just recently gone through what seem like shockingly high taxes with payroll trying to find out what’s happening, and when you work in different cities and in one city you pay a state tax and a specific city tax that’s, like, almost as much as the already high state tax, on top of everything else and you’re losing like 45% of your income and yet we have none of the European-style health care and public transportation and you just know you’ve paid more income tax than Donald Trump over the past 10 years, one can see where the frustration of the upper-income-but-not-landed-gentry frustrations come from.

I’m not actually complaining. I generally am a very appreciative person, and grateful. But it gets demoralizing when you work your pants off 60 hours a week or more in extremely expensive cities and half of it vanishes, and you know people (much, much) wealthier than you know how to avoid taxes and it at least feels like you see none of the benefits, either for yourself or those you know are in need ... it’s just demoralizing.

Newsflash, every single Democrat running for President will raise taxes, whether they say they will or not. And the only spending they will cut is defense. Rinse, repeat.

And most Republicans in Congress are too gutless to cut spending either. Our nation is over 20 trillion dollars in debt, that's kind of a problem.

I know as good liberals we should gladly pay taxes — after all, we are immoral people if we don’t pay as much as possible — but I’ve just recently gone through what seem like shockingly high taxes with payroll trying to find out what’s happening, and when you work in different cities and in one city you pay a state tax and a specific city tax that’s, like, almost as much as the already high state tax, on top of everything else and you’re losing like 45% of your income and yet we have none of the European-style health care and public transportation and you just know you’ve paid more income tax than Donald Trump over the past 10 years, one can see where the frustration of the upper-income-but-not-landed-gentry frustrations come from.

I’m not actually complaining. I generally am a very appreciative person, and grateful. But it gets demoralizing when you work your pants off 60 hours a week or more in extremely expensive cities and half of it vanishes, and you know people (much, much) wealthier than you know how to avoid taxes and it at least feels like you see none of the benefits, either for yourself or those you know are in need ... it’s just demoralizing.

I hear you.
There's no perfect solution, but we certainly aren't getting reasonable return for the taxes we pay nowadays, and seeing the uberwealthy (or fake uberwealthy like Orange Donnie) skirt paying just adds to the frustration level.

What this guy said.

Newsflash, every single Democrat running for President will raise taxes, whether they say they will or not. And the only spending they will cut is defense. Rinse, repeat.

And most Republicans in Congress are too gutless to cut spending either. Our nation is over 20 trillion dollars in debt, that's kind of a problem.
Not what this guy said.

I think we can all agree that boomers are selfish AF and vote themselves both tax cuts and entitlements while raping the environment and voting for Donald Trump because they believe everything they read on the internets.

I think we can all agree that boomers are selfish AF and vote themselves both tax cuts and entitlements while raping the environment and voting for Donald Trump because they believe everything they read on the internets.

The main problem is, the Federal Government is a bloated mess. If you read the Constitution, there are a handful of things the Federal Government should take care of. The rest belongs to the state's and local governments. They have WAY overstepped and that's why so many automatically think "the government " should fix everything. Taxes by and large are a joke. The federal government and as we see, many state governments (including Illinois and Cali) have completely mishandled their citizens money. Partly why I'm an independent conservative. Most of the Republicans in Congress say they are fiscally conservative, but their actions speak otherwise

Well this is leaving out any context.

Will taxes be raised under Dems? Yep. But it will be taxes on millionaires on up, and changes in inheritence, capital gains, corporate, transaction fees, etc...
Overall taxes decreased under Obama for the middle class, and up some for the higher end.
Trump as we all know made huge cuts for the wealthy and the cut for the middle ranged from very small to some being raised. This has resulted in the fastest growing debt ever, and an almost 70% increase of our annual deficit, which Obama had decreased by about 65% from where it was under Bush.

And defense spending is obscenely bloated and like the stock market, it has its ups and downs under every president, of both parties. But its overall trajectory is going higher and higher. This fluctuates as certain world events take place that require more troops and resources, or less.

Tell me where I'm wrong
It's not that you're wrong (on this one at least), rather that you're being overly simplistic in your description - which makes what you said (purposefully) misleading. Which is kind of a thing that republic... I'm sorry... "Independent conservatives" do these days; half truths and fear mongering.

The main problem is, the Federal Government is a bloated mess. If you read the Constitution, there are a handful of things the Federal Government should take care of. The rest belongs to the state's and local governments. They have WAY overstepped and that's why so many automatically think "the government " should fix everything. Taxes by and large are a joke. The federal government and as we see, many state governments (including Illinois and Cali) have completely mishandled their citizens money. Partly why I'm an independent conservative. Most of the Republicans in Congress say they are fiscally conservative, but their actions speak otherwise

I agree here with the statement of mishandling tax dollars, and definitely with what Irvine said earlier. Taxes just go up, as do cost of living items, as do utilities, and services, child care, college, elder care, the list goes on and it is no wonder that Americans that maybe get a 2 or 3% raise each year if they are lucky, slip farther and farther behind.
It's why more people have 2 jobs or more now than ever.

The problem with everything being left to the states is that currently the states that have lower state taxes are by and large the ones that receive the most Federal assistance. So it just seems to all come out in the wash anyway.
Can you imagine if your Social Security or Medicare or hell even the safety measures for your food, water, vehicles, etc... all varied by state? (which, yes, i know they do somewhat, but I'm talking about base Federal standards)

I agree here with the statement of mishandling tax dollars, and definitely with what Irvine said earlier. Taxes just go up, as do cost of living items, as do utilities, and services, child care, college, elder care, the list goes on and it is no wonder that Americans that maybe get a 2 or 3% raise each year if they are lucky, slip farther and farther behind.

It's why more people have 2 jobs or more now than ever.

The problem with everything being left to the states is that currently the states that have lower state taxes are by and large the ones that receive the most Federal assistance. So it just seems to all come out in the wash anyway.

Can you imagine if your Social Security or Medicare or hell even the safety measures for your food, water, vehicles, etc... all varied by state? (which, yes, i know they do somewhat, but I'm talking about base Federal standards)

We all know where “State’s Rights” leads us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom