US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The military industrial complex is run by people who make the decisions to carry these things out. They are aided and abetted by willing participants in the political realm. There is blood on the hands of many people. I need not personify a thing.

Recall that this is in response to me objecting to someone saying it's offensive to suggest the United States is not a force for good. My response is that a baseline should be high suspicion of US foreign policy, and I think most should land on "outright disgust."

Ok, but recall that my response to your post was that it’s not good versus evil. It’s a complex hodgepodge of moving parts. I was never proclaiming that it’s “offensive” to say the US is not a force for good, but this notion that the US is “evil” is equally silly. It’s not black and white. The US is good for who they’re good for, and bad for who they’re bad for.

Canadian Conservatives (specifically at the federal level but also provincially in Ontario) are just incredibly adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by repeatedly nominating losers as party leaders. With all the Trudeau garbage that came out, they should have had a reasonably easy win, but they elected a guy who is sort of like a mix of wallpaper and the creepy dude ogling girls at the food court of a local mall. Heckuva job.

the fact that scheer won the leadership vote in the 13th round because he was ranked as most people's second choice (and was very few people's first choice) tells you a lot about the guy right there. but on the other hand, if that hadn't happened, there's a rather strong likelihood that we'd have prime minister maxime bernier today, so all's well that ends well i guess.

So Trump declared victory in Syria and left the "bloodsoaked sands" behind like he's a colonial king.

Too bad he didn't have a photo op like the Mission Accomplished banner Dubya rolled out.

So Trump declared victory in Syria and left the "bloodsoaked sands" behind like he's a colonial king.

Too bad he didn't have a photo op like the Mission Accomplished banner Dubya rolled out.

What do you mean?!?!? His deal was PERFECT! He even asked Mitch McConnell an hour ago and he also said it was perfect.

- Turkey got to invade and push out the Kurds, killing women and children along the way (Bonus!) and now occupy the land.

Trump then went hard after Turkey and assured them they wouldn't have to face any sanctions from the US. Take THAT!

ISIS fighters got some "early release" from prison. Trump is dedicated to criminal justice reform after all.

And now Putin and Erdegon have joined together to bring peace and harmony across an even larger stretch of Northern Syria.

This is the gold standard of deal making folks. Haters and Losers don't even know how to comprehend this sort of mastery.

guys.

did you know that, according to comments on conservative websites, it really was in the national interest for Trump to leverage aid to Ukraine to start an investigation into Joe Biden because Joe Biden is the frontrunner and probable nominee and it's important to know if the Democratic candidate is compromised and perhaps a Ukrainian agent?

because we can't have that.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, released on Wednesday, shows that 82 percent of black voters want to see Trump impeached and removed from office, while 53 percent of Hispanic voters and just 42 percent of white voters back this measure.

Trump appears to be struggling to gain popularity with black voters, with the majority (88 percent) disapproving of his job performance and just 10 percent seeing him as doing a good job.

I guess they still haven't realized that the Democrats are keeping them on the plantation?

McConnell denied ever having this phone call. which is a big deal -- cracks.

yeah, my sarcasm was dependent on the fact that people saw McConnell's denial of the phone call. I probably didn't think that one all the way through. lol.

But yes, awesome to see McConnell do that, because if there's anyone that wants to save his own power as much as Trump, it's McTurtle.

https://twitter.com/andrewdesiderio/status/1187016550794121218?s=21

The GOP are the worst. They are so attached to holding on to power that they’ll break every norm, any law and any form of decency to keep Trump (and themselves) in office

They are a cult.

don't worry BEAL, they were still on the job!!

https://twitter.com/RepDonBeyer/status/1187074766563348480

And this would just be too great:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1187062921815310336

And this would be even sweeter:

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1187050940022444033

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk
The military industrial complex is run by people who make the decisions to carry these things out. They are aided and abetted by willing participants in the political realm. There is blood on the hands of many people. I need not personify a thing.

Recall that this is in response to me objecting to someone saying it's offensive to suggest the United States is not a force for good. My response is that a baseline should be high suspicion of US foreign policy, and I think most should land on "outright disgust."

Ok, but recall that my response to your post was that it’s not good versus evil. It’s a complex hodgepodge of moving parts. I was never proclaiming that it’s “offensive” to say the US is not a force for good, but this notion that the US is “evil” is equally silly. It’s not black and white. The US is good for who they’re good for, and bad for who they’re bad for.

Appreciate this exchange the last few days :up:

Good points all around......I lean toward LN7's theory. I'd even extend it to political persuasions within a country. Like ours.

Seems like the whole GOP barge in was a day too late.

do people really not understand that these are depositions involving classified information, and that only members of the three committees -- which include many Republicans -- are in the room and asking questions and that eventually all this testimony (redacted) will be made public and these people may likely be on TV during the actual impeachment trial?

i guess not.

JFC.

do people really not understand that these are depositions involving classified information, and that only members of the three committees -- which include many Republicans -- are in the room and asking questions and that eventually all this testimony (redacted) will be made public and these people may likely be on TV during the actual impeachment trial?

i guess not.

JFC.

well, yes, all those people that barged in today absolutely know that. They also are Trump taint-lickers that will try to push his lies in hopes that the Mayor Marmalade will smile upon them.
And just go and read any replies on IG or FB or Twitter and see how Trump's horde of morons believe anything that he says. JFC is right.

well, yes, all those people that barged in today absolutely know that. They also are Trump taint-lickers that will try to push his lies in hopes that the Mayor Marmalade will smile upon them.

And just go and read any replies on IG or FB or Twitter and see how Trump's horde of morons believe anything that he says. JFC is right.

I believe 12 of the 41 angry white men already have access to the hearings.

i guess not.

JFC.

https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1187020935871815681

FINAL REPORT OF THE SELECT COMMITTEE ON THE EVENTS SURROUNDING THE 2012 TERRORIST ATTACK IN BENGHAZI said:
The Committee’s preference for private interviews over public hearings has been questioned. Interviews are a more efficient and effective means of discovery. Interviews allow witnesses to be questioned in depth by a highly prepared member or staff person. In a hearing, every member of a committee is recognized—usually for five minutes—a procedure which precludes in-depth focused questioning. Interviews also allow the Committee to safeguard the privacy of witnesses who may fear retaliation for cooperating or whose work requires anonymity, such as intelligence community operatives.

https://www.congress.gov/114/crpt/hrpt848/CRPT-114hrpt848.pdf

Last edited:

Thank you DAVE! I was lookin all over for that!

On a different note. I know Trump is stupid. I know, I know. But I guess I figured maybe not this stupid. This is around 3rd or 4th grade knowledge right?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187111478547177473

I did know that Gaetz was this stupid:

https://twitter.com/GordMacey/status/1187144887793278976

Last edited:
I guess they still haven't realized that the Democrats are keeping them on the plantation?

Or, maybe they think for themselves, and can make an informed decision without being told what to think??

Nah, couldn’t be that

Do you even realize what you just did here?

I know exactly what I did........but many of you are blind to it because you agree with the Democrats no matter how stupid they are.

I am an independent. Just because many blacks or Hispanics think Trump should be impeached doesn’t mean they are blind Democrats. That’s what anitram was inferring. You can’t be an independent conservative or heck even a Republican and not agree with an impeachment inquiry. That’s stupid.

There are many independents out there, of all races, who may not like Trump, and may not like the Democrats either. Too many in this forum think if you’re not a Democrat, then you’re automatically pro Trump. Things aren’t always that simple for many people who think for themselves, issue by issue

That’s why I said what I said.

The usual inane response. Some people think on multiple layers, some....just one

Here are the multiple layers of your statement...

Layer 1. You inferred that African Americans are Democrats.

Layer 2. You questioned whether they were too stupid or uninformed to realize their own political views.

Layer 3. You threw in a slavery reference just to give it a little zing.

well done.

Here are the multiple layers of your statement...

Layer 1. You inferred that African Americans are Democrats.

Layer 2. You questioned whether they were too stupid or uninformed to realize their own political views.

Layer 3. You threw in a slavery reference just to give it a little zing.

well done.

You don’t read very well do you? I was responding to anitram who made a reference to the fact that if minorities are pro impeachment, they must not mind the “plantation” which is a reference to Candace Owens and other black conservatives referring to the “Democrat Plantation “ that they say most African-Americans have bought into with welfare, single parent homes, etc.

My point was that she was painting with an overly broad brush alluding to being pro impeachment was automatically pro Democrat.

I would go back and read it all again, you’re embarrassing yourself, sit down.

You don’t read very well do you? I was responding to anitram who made a reference to the fact that if minorities are pro impeachment, they must not mind the “plantation” which is a reference to Candace Owens and other black conservatives referring to the “Democrat Plantation “ that they say most African-Americans have bought into with welfare, single parent homes, etc.

My point was that she was painting with an overly broad brush alluding to being pro impeachment was automatically pro Democrat.

How in the world would you know if someone is sitting or standing when you can’t literally see them?

My sincerest apologies. I'm just so used to seeing you write that shit.
And I should be embarrassed. LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom