US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BREAKING: G7 will not be held at Dorale.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020. We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!

9:52 PM - Oct 19, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Ha, ha!
( reads and hears Colberts sarcastic drumph "voice" in her head )

Last edited:
Should have been Trump's great and unmatched wisdom in the title.

Only Trump could suggest a media and Democratic conspiracy in not getting his way by trying to have an egomaniacal narcissistic product placement for the G7 summit (yes It's unethical too). It's probably a dump anyway, just like he said the WH is.

from Wapo

( drip, drip, drip? :fingerscrossed: )

One Republican, Rep. Francis Rooney (Fla.) — whose district Trump carried by 22 percentage points — did not rule out voting to impeach the president and compared the situation to the Watergate scandal that ended Richard Nixon’s presidency.

AD

“I’m still thinking about it, you know?” Rooney said of backing impeachment. “I’ve been real mindful of the fact that during Watergate, all the people I knew said, ‘Oh, they’re just abusing Nixon, and it’s a witch hunt.’ Turns out it wasn’t a witch hunt. It was really bad.”

I'm not a total pacifist - I believe in defending the people you care about; which could be a very large group as well. Totalitarianism must be countered. At the same time too many wars and military actions have happened. :(

While posting above song on one of my own mix tapes "Wonderland" by Big Country follows that song, which reminded me of their song
"Where the Rose Is Sown" - today dedicated to any American troops that still might be there, and to The Kurds who Trump betrayed.

Last edited:
i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't actually flipping off female astronauts doing a space walk, but he looks like complete shit. concerningly unhealthy.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4823...L1Z9Y55DqE2PC5BdJ3vjdhyupND3tcdcLZkB77MfXJwog

i dunno, i think he looks about the same - not good, that is.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1185989145753206785?s=21

Not sure what to conclude here

Was Mueller incompetent in his investigation ?

Was he constrained by someone higher up ?

Both ?

I lean toward option one since Bill Barr wasn’t there during the majority of it....maybe Sessions locked down what he could do ?

Overall it leaves a feeling of something off.

I forget - what was Mueller's job at the time he was asked to do this - in gov't, or moved to the private sector.

I think more the latter - hidden constraint.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1185989145753206785?s=21

Not sure what to conclude here

Was Mueller incompetent in his investigation ?

Was he constrained by someone higher up ?

Both ?

I lean toward option one

It seems like a wild leap to assume the reason behind this seeming oversight is Mueller’s incompetence. Let’s not forget that the conclusions of his investigation are pretty clear, and that a lack of consequences as a result is not because his investigation didn’t paint a clear enough picture, but because of political spin and a Republican Congress and senate that has demonstrated time and again that they lack the moral backbone to stand up to Trump.

I mean, had McGahn and Jr been interviewed, do you think the end result would have been any different?

More from retired Navy Admiral & Navy Seal McRaven/ Business Insider

The retired US Navy Adm. William McRaven, a Navy SEAL who oversaw the raid that took out al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in 2011, gave a bleak assessment of President Donald Trump and alleged the commander in chief was gutting the country of the "nation's principles."
In his fiercest condemnation against the president yet, McRaven recounted in a New York Times opinion column a military ceremony he recently attended at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where he reflected upon the thousands of US service members who marched on the parade field before him.
McRaven pointed out what he said were examples of the US neglecting its duty to be the "the protectors of the less fortunate" — including Trump's recent decision to withdraw troops from Syria as Turkish-backed militants wage war against the once US-backed Kurdish militia.
McRaven added that Trump "is wrong" to think empathy is "unimportant" or shows "weakness."

Man, I don't think so. That look on his face definitely conveys intent to me.

I think so too. He looks irritated.

Also bloated (eating shit will do that to you) and like he hasn't slept in a week.

Man, I don't think so. That look on his face definitely conveys intent to me.

You’re probably right. We should always assume he’s doing the worst possible thing to maximize whatever belittlement possible to anyone who isn’t him.

Seriously. What a horrible, horrible man.

:up: got it

That's what i was trying to say. self <----- :lol:

i was suddenly like : "do they use the word 'federal' up there?' :der: :lol:

Good Luck!
i know Trudeau isn't ideal- but you don't want The Conservatives taking over! :yikes:[

Indeed! Not one candidate is ideal but The conservatives are horrible so I feel that voting for someone other than JT will be a wasted vote.

I’m pretty sure in Canada it’s complex enough such that certain areas can comfortably vote for neither without impact to the result, but Canucks correct me if I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom