US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
ogres are not like cakes.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post

I would go back and read it all again, you’re embarrassing yourself, sit down.
I think going back to read would be most useful for YOU, since this was half the content of the post:

Quote:
Trump appears to be struggling to gain popularity with black voters, with the majority (88 percent) disapproving of his job performance and just 10 percent seeing him as doing a good job.
Nowhere did I imply anything about them being Democrats.

Whatever their political persuasion, they almost all think Trump is an idiot.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:35 AM
hmmmmm...

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/stat...42958790533121
Old 10-23-2019, 11:17 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

I don’t understand what that statement means
Old 10-23-2019, 11:42 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
On a different note. I know Trump is stupid. I know, I know. But I guess I figured maybe not this stupid. This is around 3rd or 4th grade knowledge right?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187111478547177473

Quote:
I did know that Gaetz was this stupid:

https://twitter.com/GordMacey/status...44887793278976

Gotta love stupid criminals.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:58 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Regarding their SCIF incidences - these members of Congress don’t have security clearances to revoke.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:19 AM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Regarding Matt Gaetz, was reading up on him a little further and found this bit from his Wiki page:

Quote:
On February 23, 2017, Gaetz, worried about protesters disrupting his speaking at his town hall in Pace, Florida, prepared what his staffers called a "non-verbal town hall." Gaetz printed out part of his speech onto giant boards that he would hold up if he was unable to get a word in." One of the signs prepared for Gaetz had the words "Professional Liberal Protestors".

Gaetz arrived 30 minutes late to the town hall meeting, where he faced at least 500 constituents crowded into a bowling alley. At the meeting he was grilled about his relationship with Donald Trump, his stance on repealing the Affordable Care Act (colloquially known as Obamacare), and his proposal to abolish the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He said that Trump should release his tax returns, but stopped short of saying Congress should subpoena them. Gaetz closed his town hall by shouting Trump's 2016 campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Gaetz

Setting aside all the other WTF-ery of that passage, I love how he didn't want protesters disrupting him at a town hall, but the shitty little stunt he pulled today is totally fine.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
guys.

did you know that, according to comments on conservative websites, it really was in the national interest for Trump to leverage aid to Ukraine to start an investigation into Joe Biden because Joe Biden is the frontrunner and probable nominee and it's important to know if the Democratic candidate is compromised and perhaps a Ukrainian agent?

because we can't have that.
I heard he also likes pizza. And ping pong.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:28 AM   #129
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Appreciate this exchange the last few days

Good points all around......I lean toward LN7's theory. I'd even extend it to political persuasions within a country. Like ours.
Except Trumpism is actually evil as fuck
Old 10-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #130
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 10-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #131
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
On a different note. I know Trump is stupid. I know, I know. But I guess I figured maybe not this stupid. This is around 3rd or 4th grade knowledge right?

And Louisiana's incredible
Old 10-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So why weren't any of the GOP congressmen arrested yesterday for their stunt? If I attempted what they did, you know damn well I'd be behind bars right now. I'd lose my job too.

This is where my frustration with Pelosi and other Dems really hits the nerve. Dems send harsh letters and twitter updates. Nancy has literally done nothing but photo ops.

Their inaction yesterday shows that the laws don't apply to the GOP. Want to continue to lose minority interest.....then continue to prove the point there's no punishment if you're white and in power.

The GOP will get worse and worse the longer the impeachment process goes and no punishment for their behavior. Subpoenas???
Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
So why weren't any of the GOP congressmen arrested yesterday for their stunt? If I attempted what they did, you know damn well I'd be behind bars right now. I'd lose my job too.

This is where my frustration with Pelosi and other Dems really hits the nerve. Dems send harsh letters and twitter updates. Nancy has literally done nothing but photo ops.

Their inaction yesterday shows that the laws don't apply to the GOP. Want to continue to lose minority interest.....then continue to prove the point there's no punishment if you're white and in power.

The GOP will get worse and worse the longer the impeachment process goes and no punishment for their behavior. Subpoenas???

It’s a lose lose. If they had been arrested yesterday, it could have been a major backlash too.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:20 PM   #134
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

About time somebody did something to keep out all those Mormons
Old 10-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

Gotta agree with Mikal here. Pelosi has to walk an extremely fine line. She could put forward some sort of condemnation of their action in the house or whatever, but having people arrested would feed right into their hands. They are already calling it an unconstitutional power grab. If there were arrests. Dear god. I think some of the independents out there that are now on board with impeachment would be fooled by this and think, wow, arresting people for wanting more transparency??!! This is outrageous!

I had that same reaction at first - arrest these idiots - eject them, censure them, whatever. But I think that they already looked incredibly foolish and childish and didn't sway anyone on the fence with their stunt.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Regarding their SCIF incidences - these members of Congress don’t have security clearances to revoke.
Actually, I think they said about 12 of the people in that mob of angry white men, were ones that were actually ON the committees that are allowed into the meetings. LOL. Just so ridiculous. So they could, in effect have their clearance pulled.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:53 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Gotta agree with Mikal here. Pelosi has to walk an extremely fine line. She could put forward some sort of condemnation of their action in the house or whatever, but having people arrested would feed right into their hands. They are already calling it an unconstitutional power grab. If there were arrests. Dear god. I think some of the independents out there that are now on board with impeachment would be fooled by this and think, wow, arresting people for wanting more transparency??!! This is outrageous!

I had that same reaction at first - arrest these idiots - eject them, censure them, whatever. But I think that they already looked incredibly foolish and childish and didn't sway anyone on the fence with their stunt.

Yep. And they also look foolish because they were a day too late and ultimately delayed the testimony by 5 hours. That’s all.

And this “Resolution”? Not gonna matter either. They are simply trying to distract the public because they see public opinion slipping away.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:02 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 08:35 PM
Old 10-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Matt Gaetz is a stupid and dangerous simpleton and has one of the most punchable faces in Congress. Which is saying a lot these days. If there is a list of people who will lead to the most joy when booted out of office, he has got to be in the top 10.

On a separate note, can we talk about Bernie Sanders continuing to run with his known health issues? Let me preface this by saying that while I was never a huge Sanders supporter, I also wasn't one who was particularly irritated by the Bernie Bros (maybe because I am older and female, but I simply don't have much exposure to that group), and I do think that the DNC had it out for him in 2016. I also think that the left owes him a debt of gratitude for moving the discussion and policies leftward en masse. The reason all these candidates are where they are today is because Bernie normalized progressive ideas in the mainstream. Anyone who does not give him credit for that is delusional.

However, the man is nearly 80 and has had a heart attack and surgery. His odds of a follow up heart attack are significant given his age and the fact he just suffered one. How can anyone in good faith continue to support his candidacy knowing this? Is it not enough that the country is essentially hanging on by a thread hoping that a nearly-90-year-old woman who has some form of cancer every year or so manages to hold on for another 15 months? Is there not the recognition that in order to reverse course you need a 2-term presidency, and the odds of Bernie even living that long is questionable, nevermind getting elected a second time.

And then you see his supporters post insane things like "I'd rather have 1 year of Bernie than 8 years of Warren" (how divorced from reality do you have to be?). Do they not see Donald fucking Trump on TV every day, engaging in 10 different sorts of criminality before noon on the regular?
Old 10-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Actually, I think they said about 12 of the people in that mob of angry white men, were ones that were actually ON the committees that are allowed into the meetings. LOL. Just so ridiculous. So they could, in effect have their clearance pulled.

Right, but members of Congress do not necessarily need clearances to access their SCIF. It’s sort of stupid... but you electing them is their clearance. plebes are required years of our lives dug up but politicians are granted “need to know” access without a clearance. They take oaths of secrecy - that’s it. If they disobey the rules of a SCIF, there is no law or entity that can make them face repercussions except for congress itself. Basically, it becomes political. So, basically, Congress is permitted to put our national security at risk without any individual risk to their careers, unlike the rest of us.