US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I forgot they even had a press secretary. Has she been seen in public in the last several months??
Oh god no. Just cashing that paycheck for doing... nothing. Trump clearly could and may have written this mess.

This tweet puts in perspective exactly how fucking delusional this statement was.

https://twitter.com/alexwagner/statu...75030476296192

Just to be clear, the "radical unelected bureaucrats" refers to Bill Taylor, a West Point graduate, Vietnam veteran and Ukrainian ambassador appointed by George W. Bush—who was asked (again) to serve his country by a GOP congressman turned Secretary of State named Mike Pompeo.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:15 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Again, for those that initially doubted when I said that Trump was doing Putin's bidding by pulling out of Syria.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...oops-withdraw/

Look at that smile.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:08 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Amassing that level of power is inherently evil. The things you need to do to get to that point, the things you need to do to maintain it.

I think you and I are of two entirely different thoughts. You’re personifying something that isn’t alive and doesn’t have feelings or morals.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:21 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Lindsey Graham-"This is a lynching in every sense"
Wow, that whole "I'll hold you accountable" nonsense he spewed the other day in regards to the whole Turkey situation sure didn't last long, did it?

I wonder what it's like to walk around without a working spine or brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
This one is shocking even for this White House. I mean. you wonder how people like this exist.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/stat...64048953675776
Quote:
"President Trump is leading the way for the American people by delivering a safer, stronger, and more secure country."
Okay, what the hell kind of drugs are they smoking?
Old 10-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Quote:
The only thing from this administration that will be shocking will be the GOP growing a set and ending it.

News could come out that Trump has had people wacked and I would not blink an eye.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Biden called the Clinton impeachment a lynching, and I believe Nadler did too. Just so gross.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I forgot they even had a press secretary. Has she been seen in public in the last several months??
She used to be Melania's press secretary. I guess she appears on Fox news often.

She has an "interesting" past, including two DUI's. One was while she was working on Trump's campaign. And other stories involving plagiarism and more, didn't have time to read all about that.

Anderson Cooper just roasted her on his show for calling the Ukraine story "theater". She said that CNN forgets that she's a human being with a personal life.

Kind of like her boss constantly bullying people and objectifying and abusing and allegedly raping women too. He forgets that women are human beings.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #88
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I think you and I are of two entirely different thoughts. You’re personifying something that isn’t alive and doesn’t have feelings or morals.
The military industrial complex is run by people who make the decisions to carry these things out. They are aided and abetted by willing participants in the political realm. There is blood on the hands of many people. I need not personify a thing.

Recall that this is in response to me objecting to someone saying it's offensive to suggest the United States is not a force for good. My response is that a baseline should be high suspicion of US foreign policy, and I think most should land on "outright disgust."
Old 10-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

one of the most fun things of the last two days has been watching canadian conservatives coming absolutely unhinged at the notion that their guy could win the popular vote and still lose the election.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
one of the most fun things of the last two days has been watching canadian conservatives coming absolutely unhinged at the notion that their guy could win the popular vote and still lose the election.
Canadian Conservatives (specifically at the federal level but also provincially in Ontario) are just incredibly adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by repeatedly nominating losers as party leaders. With all the Trudeau garbage that came out, they should have had a reasonably easy win, but they elected a guy who is sort of like a mix of wallpaper and the creepy dude ogling girls at the food court of a local mall. Heckuva job.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
The military industrial complex is run by people who make the decisions to carry these things out. They are aided and abetted by willing participants in the political realm. There is blood on the hands of many people. I need not personify a thing.

Recall that this is in response to me objecting to someone saying it's offensive to suggest the United States is not a force for good. My response is that a baseline should be high suspicion of US foreign policy, and I think most should land on "outright disgust."

Ok, but recall that my response to your post was that it’s not good versus evil. It’s a complex hodgepodge of moving parts. I was never proclaiming that it’s “offensive” to say the US is not a force for good, but this notion that the US is “evil” is equally silly. It’s not black and white. The US is good for who they’re good for, and bad for who they’re bad for.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Canadian Conservatives (specifically at the federal level but also provincially in Ontario) are just incredibly adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by repeatedly nominating losers as party leaders. With all the Trudeau garbage that came out, they should have had a reasonably easy win, but they elected a guy who is sort of like a mix of wallpaper and the creepy dude ogling girls at the food court of a local mall. Heckuva job.
the fact that scheer won the leadership vote in the 13th round because he was ranked as most people's second choice (and was very few people's first choice) tells you a lot about the guy right there. but on the other hand, if that hadn't happened, there's a rather strong likelihood that we'd have prime minister maxime bernier today, so all's well that ends well i guess.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/andrewdesiderio/...794121218?s=21

The GOP are the worst. They are so attached to holding on to power that they’ll break every norm, any law and any form of decency to keep Trump (and themselves) in office

They are a cult.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And then this

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...681959426?s=21
Old 10-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

So Trump declared victory in Syria and left the "bloodsoaked sands" behind like he's a colonial king.

Too bad he didn't have a photo op like the Mission Accomplished banner Dubya rolled out.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
So Trump declared victory in Syria and left the "bloodsoaked sands" behind like he's a colonial king.

Too bad he didn't have a photo op like the Mission Accomplished banner Dubya rolled out.
What do you mean?!?!? His deal was PERFECT! He even asked Mitch McConnell an hour ago and he also said it was perfect.

- Turkey got to invade and push out the Kurds, killing women and children along the way (Bonus!) and now occupy the land.

Trump then went hard after Turkey and assured them they wouldn't have to face any sanctions from the US. Take THAT!

ISIS fighters got some "early release" from prison. Trump is dedicated to criminal justice reform after all.

And now Putin and Erdegon have joined together to bring peace and harmony across an even larger stretch of Northern Syria.

This is the gold standard of deal making folks. Haters and Losers don't even know how to comprehend this sort of mastery.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

guys.

did you know that, according to comments on conservative websites, it really was in the national interest for Trump to leverage aid to Ukraine to start an investigation into Joe Biden because Joe Biden is the frontrunner and probable nominee and it's important to know if the Democratic candidate is compromised and perhaps a Ukrainian agent?

because we can't have that.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What do you mean?!?!? His deal was PERFECT! He even asked Mitch McConnell an hour ago and he also said it was perfect.

McConnell denied ever having this phone call. which is a big deal -- cracks.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The Quinnipiac University Poll, released on Wednesday, shows that 82 percent of black voters want to see Trump impeached and removed from office, while 53 percent of Hispanic voters and just 42 percent of white voters back this measure.

Trump appears to be struggling to gain popularity with black voters, with the majority (88 percent) disapproving of his job performance and just 10 percent seeing him as doing a good job.
I guess they still haven't realized that the Democrats are keeping them on the plantation?
Old 10-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
"absolute immunity while in office that disappears as soon as they leave office" is literally how julius caesar ended up becoming dictator for life.