US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #741
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I totally disagree. Trump would not only love this but would thrive in that setting. Joe is old, confused and frankly horribly uninspired in debates. Trump will bang on how corrupt he and his son are, and get in a million soundbytes that the idiot media will replay over and over again.

I mean, maybe. It’s not like Trump is getting more intellectually agile, and its rather rich considering what the two idiots and Ivanka make each year off the presidency.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #742
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Zero percent amongst Democratic voters.

The only people who believe that'll stay the same against Trump are Candace Owens and Gzusfrk.
While that may be true (it is), I'm not saying he stays at zero.
But lets put this into perspective. One main part of Clinton's loss? She came in just a couple percentage points short in African American votes than what she expected to. And she had about 90% support of African Americans. No chance Pete gets Hillary's numbers, and that spells disaster.

It doesn't take much to shift a state like MI, or PA., FL, or NC.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:09 PM   #743
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
He won't have to. The evangelicals will do the dirty work for him. Just like gzus would want.

I am completely fascinated to see how America would react to a gay candidate. I think it would be an issue, the WaPo article on Chasten’s brothers was heartbreaking and relatable (not directly) to me, and felt very real.

Then again, 11 years ago we elected someone named Barack Hussein Obama. So anything is possible.

I have noticed the gay jokes in clickbait headlines (“Pete on top” “Pete blows past field in Iowa”) all this week since, um, topping the Iowa polls. It’s not unintentional.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #744
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

oh wow. You are not welcome sir

https://twitter.com/AnnieGrayerCNN/s...23379323424768
Old 11-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I am completely fascinated to see how America would react to a gay candidate. I think it would be an issue, the WaPo article on Chasten’s brothers was heartbreaking and relatable (not directly) to me, and felt very real.

Then again, 11 years ago we elected someone named Barack Hussein Obama. So anything is possible.

I have noticed the gay jokes in clickbait headlines (“Pete on top” “Pete blows past field in Iowa”) all this week since, um, topping the Iowa polls. It’s not unintentional.
It's super interesting and I feel like I don't have a good handle on it because to me this is an issue of like 20 years ago and just not something that I think should be a hindrance. But I do not move in social circles where this would be important nor do I generally interact much with highly religious people. So I don't know how many people out there would look at him in the dying days of the election and think to themselves "do I really want two dudes in bed together in the WH?"
Old 11-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #746
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

ugh. Sometimes its difficult when you aren't homophobic to realize that there still are so many that are, and that it definitely will be yet another hurdle for young , super-white Pete.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:15 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Yeah, there's definitely people out there who are trying or will try and make a thing out of Pete's sexuality, for sure. But honestly, I ultimately think, or at least, I'd like to think, that most Americans would be like, "...so what?" at the end of the day. I mean, if he is doing well in more rural states, I'm guessing that's got to be a good sign of some sort.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:22 PM   #748
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
ugh. Sometimes its difficult when you aren't homophobic to realize that there still are so many that are, and that it definitely will be yet another hurdle for young , super-white Pete.

It will totally become an issue. ie, do you think Putin from super homophobic Russian is going to take some homo seriously? And will go from there — being gay is far more of an issue globally than being a woman or being non-white. We are put to death and/or jailed in many countries.

But maybe voters won’t care. I do think it will be an issue, because there is no bar that Trump will not lower.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:25 PM   #749
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah, there's definitely people out there who are trying or will try and make a thing out of Pete's sexuality, for sure. But honestly, I ultimately think, or at least, I'd like to think, that most Americans would be like, "...so what?" at the end of the day. I mean, if he is doing well in more rural states, I'm guessing that's got to be a good sign of some sort.
just spend about 5 minutes on Twitter/IG, etc.. on or around Trump/republican posts. It's still disgusting out there with race, gender and sexuality. Whatever you think it is. It's worse. Sad to say
Old 11-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #750
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:10 PM
la la la

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/sta...945175552?s=19

moo moo moo
Old 11-20-2019, 10:33 PM   #751
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
just spend about 5 minutes on Twitter/IG, etc.. on or around Trump/republican posts. It's still disgusting out there with race, gender and sexuality. Whatever you think it is. It's worse. Sad to say
Eh, those people continuing to have an issue with that stuff doesn't surprise me. It's par for the course with them, unfortunately.

I'm just hoping that voters outside of that particular block-the independents and any more moderate/non-Trump Republicans that still exist (however small a group that might be)-will align with the Democrats in being more open. I'll cop to being more optimistic than I probably should be sometimes with stuff like that, though, so... Lord knows events in recent years have only further added to the LGBTQ community's fears in general, after all.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:36 PM   #752
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Why can't you just be civil???
Old 11-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #753
Blue Crack Supplier

Is Harris having a good night?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #754
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Why are there still so many participants in the debate? A good 3 to 4 of them should have dropped out by now.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #755
Blue Crack Addict

This pro-Trump ad they keep playing during the commercials is truly something else.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:49 PM   #756
Blue Crack Addict

God, Joe Biden is terrible.

I know what the polls say but I can absolutely see him losing to Trump. He sounds senile, slow, not bright and just doesn't have the narcissistic arrogance needed to power through all those issues.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #757
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Why can't you just be civil???
Just trying to keep up my liberal street cred

It's tough when you're this obscenely wealthy
Old 11-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #758
Blue Crack Addict

Thank you, Sanders.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #759
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It's tough when you're this obscenely wealthy
Fleeing NYC's oppressive taxes is finally giving you the freedom to be rich like you were meant to be.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:04 PM   #760
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Quote:
God, Joe Biden is terrible.

I know what the polls say but I can absolutely see him losing to Trump. He sounds senile, slow, not bright and just doesn't have the narcissistic arrogance needed to power through all those issues.

He's the only candidate that would just about guarantee a Trump victory, he would get bodied extremely badly. Everyone else left in the field are at worst a reasonable chance to topple Trump.

Biden makes Hillary look like an effortlessly fantastic operator.