US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #501
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:05 AM
https://youtu.be/UCSa72jWMK0

Old 11-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #502
Blue Crack Distributor

Top 5 rappers of all time...

Lil Trump
Lil Trump
Lil Trump
Lil Trump
Lil Trump

Old 11-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Sweet fancy Moses! Talk about a journalist following a trail.
Long but worthwhile, head-shaking, astounding story

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...48156736344065
Old 11-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #504
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Vindman gone. On Veteran's Day Weekend. Fuck.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1193681722975674368
Old 11-11-2019, 12:34 AM   #505
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post

Giuliani is the gift that keeps on giving, truly.

But hey, Trump only hires the best people, right, Trump supporters?

Quote:
Vindman gone. On Veteran's Day Weekend. Fuck.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1193681722975674368
Somebody's saying in the replies underneath that he isn't being fired now. But even if that's true and he does stay on, I have no problem believing that Trump certainly considered the idea of firing him, at the very least, or was going to do it until somebody made him change his mind.

Because, y'know, this is totally how truly innocent people behave after somebody's testified against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Could you say more on this, Moonlit?
I mean, do I really need to? We've got a GOP that continues to defend Trump despite all his shitty behavior and the blatant evidence proving he's involved in criminal activity, and who will pull ridiculous stunts to show how far they're willing to go to defend him (see Gaetz' recent SCIF debacle). The few members of the party who do actually bother to speak up don't follow up those stern words with any sort of significant action. They're not listening to the voters on the big issues, either-they're doing nothing about climate change, gun control, they keep wanting to mess with healthcare, etc. So yeah, not exactly the sort of people I'm expecting to come to the table and work with Democrats on a lot of the important issues. And even if and when they do turn on Trump, it'll likely be because they know their own jobs are in jeopardy rather than because they know it's the right, honorable thing to do.

And regarding the voters, there is a little more hope in that there are some issues that do seem to matter just as much to Republicans as they do Democrats. But even then, Republican voters still by and large continue to support Trump, and the fact that anyone outside of his most diehard supporters still approves of his presidency in any way, shape, or form at this rate is still pretty sad and confusing in and of itself. Hence why it makes it harder for me to believe they'd be willing to support a Democrat.

I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, though.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #506
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Excellent.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #507
Blue Crack Distributor

Add Peter King to the list of lifelong Republican politicians jumping like rats from a sinking ship.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Love how Nikki Haley gets contacted by highest level WH officials saying that they are trying to save the country from a incompetent, child, sociopath.

And she was like, ugh. they were SO annoying.

Fucking really? She thinks that makes her look good? She is so much worse than people seem to think. I really don't get it. She's like Pence in a pantsuit.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
LOL.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...032929868.html

Quote:
Donald Trump Jr ventured on to the University of California’s overwhelmingly liberal Los Angeles campus on Sunday, hoping to prove what he had just argued in his book – that a hate-filled American left was hell-bent on silencing him and anyone else who supported the Trump presidency.

But the appearance backfired when his own supporters, diehard Make America Great Again conservatives, raised their voices most loudly in protest and ended up drowning him out barely 20 minutes into an event scheduled to last two hours.

The audience was angry that Trump Jr and his girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, would not take questions. The loud shouts of “USA! USA!” that greeted Trump when he first appeared on the stage of a university lecture hall to promote his book Triggered: How The Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us quickly morphed into even louder, openly hostile chants of “Q and A! Q and A!”

The 450-strong audience had just been told they would not be allowed to ask questions, “due to time constraints”.

At first, Trump and Guilfoyle tried to ignore the discontent, which originated with a fringe group of America Firsters who believe the Trump administration has been taken captive by a cabal of internationalists, free-traders, and apologists for mass immigration.

When the shouting would not subside, Trump Jr tried – and failed – to argue that taking questions from the floor risked creating soundbites that leftwing social media posters would abuse and distort. Nobody was buying that.
This guy is such a fucking tool.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #510
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:05 AM
i saw a remarkable piece of theater this past weekend, The Inheritance. it's a play about the aftermath of AIDS, of inherited trauma, and how we tell stories.

in it, there's a line about Trump that drew gasps, and then applause:

Quote:
“You could say that he is H.I.V., and that he’s attached himself to American democracy and is now destroying the American immune system. . . . He’s replicating his genetic material from tweet to tweet, from person to person.”
Old 11-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #511
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I mean, do I really need to? We've got a GOP that continues to defend Trump despite all his shitty behavior and the blatant evidence proving he's involved in criminal activity, and who will pull ridiculous stunts to show how far they're willing to go to defend him (see Gaetz' recent SCIF debacle). The few members of the party who do actually bother to speak up don't follow up those stern words with any sort of significant action. They're not listening to the voters on the big issues, either-they're doing nothing about climate change, gun control, they keep wanting to mess with healthcare, etc. So yeah, not exactly the sort of people I'm expecting to come to the table and work with Democrats on a lot of the important issues. And even if and when they do turn on Trump, it'll likely be because they know their own jobs are in jeopardy rather than because they know it's the right, honorable thing to do.

And regarding the voters, there is a little more hope in that there are some issues that do seem to matter just as much to Republicans as they do Democrats. But even then, Republican voters still by and large continue to support Trump, and the fact that anyone outside of his most diehard supporters still approves of his presidency in any way, shape, or form at this rate is still pretty sad and confusing in and of itself. Hence why it makes it harder for me to believe they'd be willing to support a Democrat.

I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, though.
Thanks for the reply. I think it was womanfish who said Senator Warren has to win the presidency first before accusing the other side of 'not reaching out to her. ' Kind of a big ask, too, with the resistance! grinding into it's fourth year now. No one is going to be reaching out to anyone, not anytime soon. Folks like Joe Manchin and Susan Collins get ripped for even appearing to do that, too. Happens right here.

I do believe Warren would need to moderate her message quite a bit in order to win it all. That's a normal thing as they transition from the primaries to the general, but Warren hasn't really showed any signs of it yet. The president isn't going to change, he's going to keep saying Trump stuff.

Then you have Joe Biden commenting on Warren's rhetoric thus far

Quote:
DANIELLE KURTZLEBEN, BYLINE: This all started with a fight over Elizabeth Warren's "Medicare for All" plan. Joe Biden criticized how she said she'd pay for it. Warren responded by suggesting he should run as a Republican. Biden responded on multiple fronts. He wrote a blog post saying that attack reflects, quote, "an angry, unyielding viewpoint that has crept into our politics." And he also went on Sirius XM's "Joe Madison Show" this week to push back.

(SOUNDBITE OF RADIO SHOW, "THE JOE MADISON SHOW")

JOE BIDEN: It's just an elitist attitude about you either - my way or the highway. You mustn't be - mustn't know what you're talking about if you disagree with me.
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/09/77795...against-warren
Old 11-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #512
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The president isn't going to change, he's going to keep saying Trump stuff.

right? Trump gonna Trump. it's totally the other side that needs to change and meet him where he's at -- it's the Democrats who are being unreasonable and inflexible and unyielding and cult-like in their politics. we know who Trump is -- he's Trump! what are we going to do? expect he behave like an actual statesman? negotiate with Democrats on, say, infrastructure and deficit reduction? the people didn't elect him for THAT! they elected him to scream at the people they've been conditioned to hate.

everyone else should change. it's the resistance that's unreasonable here, not the entire Republican party, the people who actually hold some measure of political power and have actual responsibilities to engage in actually governing.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #513
Blue Crack Addict

Saying that the angry comment is sexist is ridiculous and a prime example of how our society often reaches for reasons to get offended.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #514
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Woah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Giuliani is the gift that keeps on giving, truly.

But hey, Trump only hires the best people, right, Trump supporters?

Somebody's saying in the replies underneath that he isn't being fired now. But even if that's true and he does stay on, I have no problem believing that Trump certainly considered the idea of firing him, at the very least, or was going to do it until somebody made him change his mind.

Because, y'know, this is totally how truly innocent people behave after somebody's testified against them.
Yup.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #515
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I do believe Warren would need to moderate her message quite a bit in order to win it all. That's a normal thing as they transition from the primaries to the general, but Warren hasn't really showed any signs of it yet. The president isn't going to change, he's going to keep saying Trump stuff.
There aren't enough for this.

Yes, Elizabeth Warren must moderate "quite a bit" in order to win it all, but Donald Trump can be a lying, criminal, sexist, racist swine with an extreme message of "fine people" among Nazis and he can not only win that way, but nobody should even expect him to be anything else.

If this is your stance, then yes, fuck kumbaya and anything even closely resembling it. Burn it all down.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #516
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:35 PM
The right wing can go as far as they like, but anyone even mildly left-of-centre has to water down their beliefs/policies - essentially to almost nothing to be considered to be palatable.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #517
Blue Crack Supplier

From Twitter after a few trumphets said "who cares" about his quid pro quo, etc.
Quote:

Keith Perdue
Who cares? WHO CARES?!? I f'ing care! I care that my POTUS is breaking laws to help himself win re-election, I care if the POTUS lies to help himself & I care that my POTUS is a lying, ego-driven idiot who cares only about himself & not America who he swore to protect along with that pesky Constitution he was supposed to support & protect. Yeah, I CARE that America has a wanna-be dictator, I'm funny that way.
Well said.
A lot of us are "funny" that way.

And meanwhile...

federal judge rules trump can be tried for "profitting illegally"
ie: Emoluments Clause case.

OK... i suppose my parade will get rained on ...
so i had get my hurrays on now.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #518
Blue Crack Supplier

President Carter had to have an operation to release bleeding on rhe brain pressure.
Good outcome, Mr President!
Old 11-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #519
Blue Crack Supplier

Don't think i'll be on line tillbWeds or Thurs eve so ill leave you will this
for inspiration

and

The Hrarings
Old 11-12-2019, 11:18 AM   #520
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
The right wing can go as far as they like, but anyone even mildly left-of-centre has to water down their beliefs/policies - essentially to almost nothing to be considered to be palatable.
There's something to this. And for someone observing from across the pond, it must seem even more pronounced.

The presidential field seems to be growing for now, not shrinking, because of it.