US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #481
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I've already made my stance on old white dudes entering the race clear... and I'd like Bloomberg, at this point, to stay out and simply use his funds to back candidates up and down the ballot - which he's been doing rather effectively.


That said... I call bullshit on this thread. Huge bullshit.

He was instrumental in bringing the Cornell Tech Campus to Roosevelt Island while mayor - which could have been a massive real estate development instead. He donated $100 million of his own money to help fund the project - the main building on the campus is named after his two daughters - one of whom is a CEO of her own company in her own right. He's still on their board.

He's been a huge supporter of STEM.

Training the labor force to be more tech savvy was one of his main pillars in his plan to help NYC recover after the great recession.

He also just donated 2 billion dollars to Johns Hopkins specifically to fund tuition for low income students.

And he's a staunch pro choice supporter.

I think this Twitter user might have overheard Bloomberg say those things in a hipster coffee shop.

He can be abrasive, sure. And there's plenty to be critical of on his record in regards to income inequality.

But the way she's making him sound on tech education and women's rights flies in the face of everything he's actually done in that space and is not realistic whatsoever.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #482
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
-Donald Trump, Jr.

Happy Veteran's Day y'all!
Screw you donnie jr... Sounds about as greedy near as narcissistic as his dad.

Whine about your "sacrificies", as you STILL make $ now.
__________________

dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #483
The Fly
 
codeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: I live on U2 forums. TalkU2, interference mostly.
Posts: 86
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It seems like a wild leap to assume the reason behind this seeming oversight is Mueller’s incompetence. Let’s not forget that the conclusions of his investigation are pretty clear, and that a lack of consequences as a result is not because his investigation didn’t paint a clear enough picture, but because of political spin and a Republican Congress and senate that has demonstrated time and again that they lack the moral backbone to stand up to Trump.

I mean, had McGahn and Jr been interviewed, do you think the end result would have been any different?
Agreed. The only reason he's getting impeached now is because the Democrats run the House. Republicans are afraid to stand up to him.
codeguy is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 09:09 PM
I really wish Trump would stop saying the phone call/transcript was “perfect.”

Arguably barely falling short of proving extortion is not synonymous with perfect.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:00 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 11:09 PM
I'm tired of him saying that just 'cause dear god, Trump, pick a new word already.

Also, I am shocked, absolutely shocked, to hear that Trump Jr. isn't an emotional person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Come on, people.

Do those voters simply not get that if common ground can't be reached, it won't be because Warren failed to reach out to the Republicans, but rather the other way around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
...woooooooooow...

Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 12:09 AM
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,229
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I'm tired of him saying that just 'cause dear god, Trump, pick a new word already.

Also, I am shocked, absolutely shocked, to hear that Trump Jr. isn't an emotional person.



Come on, people.

Do those voters simply not get that if common ground can't be reached, it won't be because Warren failed to reach out to the Republicans, but rather the other way around?


Well, first she would need to win in order to get to the point to reach out to Repubs. And right now she is endangering that with her all in stance.

I think the issue is that as far as her campaign is being run, no "middle ground" is being offered. I still think she would be wiser in having a plan that initially revamped the ACA, and within that, maybe create a plan that would begin to allow transition to Medicare for people at a younger and younger age over a fairly long period of time.

The current, M4A, wipe out all private insurance, big and bold approach isn't setting up a place for more moderate swing state voters to hang their hat on.
womanfish is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 12:09 AM
i wonder how TRIGGERED don jr. is right now that the fact his sister is 15x richer than he is has been made public

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#2f55d2fb75ed
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,229
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Would be hilarious if after all this Li'l Lev was the one that brings Trump down

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...16038045896704
womanfish is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #490
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,229
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Trump still on the search of a sports venue he will not be boo'd at. This one my be it... we shall see!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...14035588304896
womanfish is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #491
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i wonder how TRIGGERED don jr. is right now that the fact his sister is 15x richer than he is has been made public

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#2f55d2fb75ed


Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Would be hilarious if after all this Li'l Lev was the one that brings Trump down

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...16038045896704
Wow (not totally surprised)! I forget that Ukraine stopped cooperating with the special prosecutor.
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 07:48 PM   #492
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 12:09 AM
From The Hill

Quote:

The Hill
Democrats aim to impeach Trump by Christmas
Scott Wong and Cristina Marcos 34 mins ago

House Democrats are moving aggressively to wrap up their historic, weeks-long investigation into President Trump before 2020, potentially setting up a climactic vote to impeach him just before Christmas.

Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi are posing for a picture: Democrats aim to impeach Trump by Christmas© Greg Nash Democrats aim to impeach Trump by Christmas
The timeline has come into sharper focus as Democrats have made a series of critical moves signaling they are shutting down the closed-door fact-finding phase of the inquiry and shifting now to Phase 2: making the case for impeachment to the American public.

Congressional investigators, led by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), appear to have wrapped up the last of 15 private depositions of current and former Trump administration officials. This week they began publishing thousands of pages of transcripts from those interviews.

And next week, Democrats will launch the first public, televised hearings of their nearly seven-week-long impeachment inquiry, calling three career foreign service officials who have already testified that Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and their allies were seeking a brazen quid pro quo with Ukraine.

"I think, without being hasty, again, but being expeditious and deliberative, that the House ought to set for themselves a target of having dealt with this in the Intelligence Committee and Foreign Affairs and Oversight and the Judiciary Committee and on the floor by Christmas," Rep. Denny Heck (D-Wash.), a member of the Intelligence Committee, told CNN's "The Situation Room" on Thursday night.

"That's a tough schedule. But it's a doable schedule, given where we're at and all the work that's been done thus far," Heck said.
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."





(caveat - maybe)
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 05:09 AM
All I can say is LOL

https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/k...055202783.html

Is his moto going to be Making America Genius Again?
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #494
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,184
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Come on, people.

Do those voters simply not get that if common ground can't be reached, it won't be because Warren failed to reach out to the Republicans, but rather the other way around?
Could you say more on this, Moonlit?
Bluer White is offline  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #495
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It’s like Marie Antoinette all over again.

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 11-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #496
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 12:09 AM
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status...82744461840384

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status...83735865286660
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 01:09 AM
If I am an elitist for rolling my eyes at all these morons, so be it.
anitram is offline  
Old 11-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 12:09 AM
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #499
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 01:09 AM
Fuck you Donnie Jr for your disgraceful despicable comparison of your family's "sacrifices". You are so far down your narcissistic rabbit hole, and so desperate for your father's approval, that you don't care one bit about insulting the men and women who truly sacrificed.

Not to mention that you never served a day and neither did your cadet bone spurs Daddy.

So delusional and offensive🤮
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #500
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 12:09 AM
https://youtu.be/Bo-QALR-J1Y
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×