US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Donnie would be responding to written questions (well someone else would be doing that for him). Speaker Pelosi said he's welcome to testify in person under oath.

SHOCKING!

Rudy Giuliani's son has a White House job where he doesn't seem to do much
The Week
Kathryn Krawczyk
The WeekNovember 18, 2019

Rudy Giuliani's unflinching love for President Trump didn't come out of nowhere.

Sure, Trump and his lawyer have a lot of shared history thanks to their reputations as some of most well-known and New Yorkiest New Yorkers of all time. But Giuliani's staunchest affinity for Trump comes from how the president brings Giuliani and his son Andrew Giuliani together, Giuliani tells The Atlantic.

The 31-year-old Andrew Giuliani has a White House job as an associate director in the Office of Public Liaison, with current and former White House officials telling The Atlantic he coordinates events with athletes. Yet "sports-team visits are more special-occasion than scheduling staple in the business of government," especially with teams often rejecting meetings with Trump, The Atlantic writes. That's led White House officials to say it's clear Andrew Giuliani got a "nepotism job" thanks to his father's name, with one saying "he's just having a nice time" and not exactly working hard.

But Rudy Giuliani says that's just not the case. This "wasn't the usual 'hire my kid' situation," Giuliani said, because even though his son has "known the president since he was a baby ... they also had a relationship independent of me." That relationship came into play when Andrew Giuliani was a teenager and Rudy Giuliani was going through a divorce with Andrew's mother Donna. Andrew Giuliani "credits Trump with helping him navigate" his father's divorce and "particularly with helping him repair his relationship with Rudy," two former White House officials tell The Atlantic — and Rudy Giuliani said he agrees.

Andrew Giuliani didn't return a request for comment. Read more at The Atlantic

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1194290696129265665?s=21

The rumor is she’s pushing for the VP (as Trump isn’t as high on Pence anymore and they need the women vote back)

Does she do anything for the electorate? Is she pushing for this because of the potential to be the first female president (if Trump were to leave office during 2nd term, for whatever reason)?

Tying herself to him will hopefully be what costs her any chance of a presidency later. She is an idiot for doing this, if that's what she's doing.

I love how nerdy Lt. Vindman is. It’s reassuring. These are the people you want in government.

Feds often get a bad rap — and are relentlessly smeared by the Right as somehow overpaid elitists who are also milking the government for benefits while not doing any work — but these are often highly educated people who work really, really hard and are sincere in their desire to make the government function as well as it can, regardless of administration. It’s somewhat similar to law enforcement, who I’ve worked with a lot in various ways. Sure, some cops are corrupt and power tripping assholes. But most are sincere in their desire to serve the community and actually want o do a good job. It’s unfortunate that they get smeared as well, albeit by a different crowd.

Pretty much says all you need to know about Repubs, that someone who speaks Russian and Ukranian, has to explicitly say - "No, I'm an American" out loud under oath, while he's wearing his US Military dress, adorned with a combat medal and purple heart.

Disgusting doesn't really cover it.

Gym Jordan witnessed the systematic sexual abuse of hundreds of athletes and didn't have the courage to speak up.

Amazing how he finds it so easy to be outraged, angry and yelling about anything to do with Democrats or anyone testifying that Trump is anything other than 100% perfect. But athletes being sexually abused...well come on now, stay calm.

One thing I find odd that the Dems are not directly correcting from Li'l Gym, the syphilitic badger, is that he keeps saying the at the time of the call, the Ukranians weren't aware of aid or meeting being held up - NO LINKAGE!

Well, i believe that pretty much every witness so far, including Vindman today, has said they did know before the call... Am I mis-hearing?

Either way, today you just see the Repubs spiraling further. Even though NumNutz and Gym pretty much are saying the exact same thing every single time.

like headache said - Enough.

What baffles me is that these fuck sticks keep saying read the transcript when a) dick for brains hasn't released it, and b) what they did release is pretty fucking incriminating.

I also blame the media for ever referring to it as the transcript. Most people in the general public probably think that's what it is. When in fact it's a summary memo essentially.

Pretty funny that Stefanik , who they wheeled out as the token woman to question and disrupt the Yovanovitch hearing, was almost nowhere to be seen today.

Possibly because her opponent in the upcoming election went from asking her supporters to get her to 20,000 dollars to getting 1.2 million in three days.

This is starting to happen in flippable races across the country.

Even ones that might seem safe, could be in trouble if your name is Jim Jordan, or Mark Meadows, or Devin NumNutz.

Here's an interesting challenger jumping into unseat Meadows

https://twitter.com/DemWrite/status/1196150728630210560

Welp. Looks like Sondland’s gonna burn it all down.

We shall see.
I have this feeling that even though he will say there was a quid pro quo and that's about it. Hell Morrison said that clearly yesterday.

I would think, if he is going to turn on Trump, he would turn hard and really just bring the whole shit down. If he really wants to be remembered in history, remembered as a patriot, that's what he would do.

As i type this, he is blaming the lack of his ability of seeing all of his old emails and records, was why he doesn't remember well....

We shall see how this plays out, but i feel like he is going to come up with some story to make it less bad.

How long until the GOP starts attacking him for having a wife registered as a dem???

And can we just say the word SHIT please?! Dear god, we are all adults. Trump call's Schiff, Adam Schitt in his tweets. I think that is the sort of impact that they need to get across to the public. Not sugar coat it, like calling the call memo a transcript.

How long until the GOP starts attacking him for having a wife registered as a dem???

I can't imagine the earful that ol Gordo is getting at home from his wife. She warned him.

Throwing away for his life for fucking Trump. As so many have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom