US Politics XVII: Yes, squid pro row - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2019, 02:27 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Look, I'm in a tough spot. Generation X does not have anyone in politics at any notable level whose politics come close to aligning with mine. An entire generation punted on actual leftism, and the result is no candidates between the age of 35-75 who can run on a platform like Sanders'.

So I'm banking on him not dying. It's a better bet than trying what we've already tried.
I respect that position and I do understand it.

Though I wonder why you think that the Democrats you have no faith in (essentially 99% of the rest of the party), in combination with today's Republicans, would carry out any sort of revolution that Bernie is selling. Like, overnight they'll become leftist progressives?

Old 10-29-2019, 02:30 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

FOX News co-host, everybody:

Quote:
Co-host Dana Perino admitted that she never expected that Trump would get booed by the crowd. "I'm proved completely naive," she said. "I was the one who thought the president should go to the game. I never thought he would get booed. I thought Americans won't do that, Americans would cheer."
I told you, these people are all totally delusional.

Old 10-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
I object to your whole post, but this is based on absolutely nothing. Sanders consistently polls well with minority communities and young people. He is the most popular senator in America despite not polling all that well with elderly white people for a reason.

Where do you see this ? How did Sanders do in the southern primary states in 2016?

Why would 2020 be different ?
Old 10-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Where do you see this ? How did Sanders do in the southern primary states in 2016?

Southern primary states: home of the elderly white man.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

The second “most popular” Senator in America is also from Vermont — Pat Lahey.

It’s a misleading framing — it’s not that Bernie is the most popular Senator in the eyes of the US, it’s that he’s the most popular (as measured by his approval rating) with his (600,000 mostly white) constituents in comparison to the other 100 Senators.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Among women who did not attend college, Trump’s favorable rating stands at just 46 percent; he won that group with 61 percent of the vote in 2016. Among suburban women, only a quarter, 26 percent, approve of Trump.

Suburban women especially appear motivated to make their disapproval felt: Eighty-eight percent of suburban women said they would definitely vote in the 2020 presidential election, 10 points higher than voters overall.
Bring it home, ladies.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:48 PM
My daughter just won class President. I’m proud to say that she did so without accepting help from foreign powers.

NO COLLUSION!
Old 10-29-2019, 04:35 PM   #268
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
My daughter just won class President. I’m proud to say that she did so without accepting help from foreign powers.

NO COLLUSION!
BIGLY congratulations!
Old 10-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #269
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I respect that position and I do understand it.

Though I wonder why you think that the Democrats you have no faith in (essentially 99% of the rest of the party), in combination with today's Republicans, would carry out any sort of revolution that Bernie is selling. Like, overnight they'll become leftist progressives?
The revolution comes not from electoral politics, but from the confirmation to the masses that organizing still has a place. The election of Sanders would embolden protest movements and labor organization. Which is the only chance we have of enacting real change. It has to start from the masses, and I don't see any other candidate who has come anywhere close to building the sort of coalition at that level which could have a real impact.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:43 PM   #270
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
inb4 someone accuses you of making a freudian slip and proving that you've been a bernie-or-buster all along.
The idea of voting for Donald Trump for anything beyond a guilty verdict among my peers on a jury is nauseating.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #271
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
ok, a couple things.

First - I couldn't believe when i saw Morning Joe's response to the booing/chanting crowd. What a fucking joke.

Look around the world and see hundreds of thousands of people taking to the streets to stand up to the bullshit happening in their countries. This really should be what is happening here, but the public has been the frog in the boiling pot, lulled into complacency or depression or whatever about our mess here.

The fact that anyone would think that people sit there and politely applaud a man that is a serial sexual assaulter, a pathological liar, a racist, a misogynist, a russian asset, that calls anyone who doesn't support him "human scum" is beyond belief. Fuck him indeed.

Second - a comment on age.

i get not wanting a 70+ candidate. But look at Nancy Pelosi. 79 years old. And she is more skilled at the workings of government than anyone. She has successfully played this from the get go. She has played Rope-a-dope with the entire GOP for the last year.

People were deriding her for not going for impeachment right after Mueller. She gave Trump the rope and he hanged himself.

The witnesses have been timed in a way that has let Repubs argue a certain point publicly for days only to have witness come over and over and destroy the argument.

Why won't Pelosi just bring the inquiry to a vote??? She waited, and let the GOP mob of white male dolts come and storm into a SCIF, and build that argument up, and then she said, ok, we'll be doing a vote and public hearings within weeks. Slapping the goons into reality - where they are realizing - oh shit. Now the public is actually going to hear all of this.

It's been masterfully done.

If people would have caved to the progressive wing to have a new leader, possibly a Freshman!! take the leadership roll. This would have been a disaster. Impeachment would have been jumped on right away, it would have fizzled out and gone nowhere.

79 and kicking plenty of ass.
Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats as a whole have butchered every fucking step or this thing and are only in the situation they are in now because the dumbski was stupid enough to do it again.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Agree

Talk now Of Trump shutting down the government to throw wrench into impeachment
Old 10-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats as a whole have butchered every fucking step or this thing and are only in the situation they are in now because the dumbski was stupid enough to do it again.
Disagree. Case for impeachment would never had been this strong with Mueller report. At the time, Pelosi said - "he's self-impeachable" And it was true. The day after Mueller testified he made the Ukraine call.
And I don't think the Ukraine call would have been as big a deal if Mueller hadn't come before it. It just built up public sentiment that everything he does is sleazy.

The witnesses being called have been stellar.
While people yell and scream that she should have had the people that didn't show up to testify thrown in jail!! She sat back and, got a huge win in court and had a string of the best witnesses anyone could hope for file in and give damning testimony.

When the GOP knob parade came into the SCIF, they yelled - they should be arrested!! She sat back, saw it for the foolish overplay that it was and it only helped to show that their inane narrative is complete BS.

Not sure how that is butchering every fucking step?
Old 10-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #274
Acrobat

Quote:
ok, a couple things.

First - I couldn't believe when i saw Morning Joe's response to the booing/chanting crowd. What a fucking joke.
Look around the world and see hundreds of thousands of people taking to the streets to stand up to the bullshit happening in their countries. This really should be what is happening here, but the public has been the frog in the boiling pot, lulled into complacency or depression or whatever about our mess here.
The fact that anyone would think that people sit there and politely applaud a man that is a serial sexual assaulter, a pathological liar, a racist, a misogynist, a russian asset, that calls anyone who doesn't support him "human scum" is beyond belief. Fuck him indeed.

Second - a comment on age.
i get not wanting a 70+ candidate. But look at Nancy Pelosi. 79 years old. And she is more skilled at the workings of government than anyone. She has successfully played this from the get go. She has played Rope-a-dope with the entire GOP for the last year.

People were deriding her for not going for impeachment right after Mueller. She gave Trump the rope and he hanged himself.
The witnesses have been timed in a way that has let Repubs argue a certain point publicly for days only to have witness come over and over and destroy the argument.

Why won't Pelosi just bring the inquiry to a vote??? She waited, and let the GOP mob of white male dolts come and storm into a SCIF, and build that argument up, and then she said, ok, we'll be doing a vote and public hearings within weeks. Slapping the goons into reality - where they are realizing - oh shit. Now the public is actually going to hear all of this.

It's been masterfully done.

If people would have caved to the progressive wing to have a new leader, possibly a Freshman!! take the leadership roll. This would have been a disaster. Impeachment would have been jumped on right away, it would have fizzled out and gone nowhere.

79 and kicking plenty of ass.
Yeah, her talent and policy making skills have no bounds. Maybe now she can figure out how to keep the lights on in her own state.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

While Nancy deserves credit for properly politically maneuvering impeachment thus far, she definitely doesn’t deserve a great deal of credit otherwise. The Bush obstructionism attitude at her leadership led the full force tribalism we have today.

But I’m not sure what “the lights on in her own state” has anything to do with a senator or the federal government. Nor is California’s power cutting at the helm of the government. It’s precisely what happens when capitalism goes awry and wins out - a small few fat and bloated cats that, via capitalism, have destroyed competition and are incompetent at their own upkeep.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah....but HER EMAILS!!!
Old 10-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
While Nancy deserves credit for properly politically maneuvering impeachment thus far, she definitely doesn’t deserve a great deal of credit otherwise. The Bush obstructionism attitude at her leadership led the full force tribalism we have today.

But I’m not sure what “the lights on in her own state” has anything to do with a senator or the federal government. Nor is California’s power cutting at the helm of the government. It’s precisely what happens when capitalism goes awry and wins out - a small few fat and bloated cats that, via capitalism, have destroyed competition and are incompetent at their own upkeep.
I am not going to defend her entire history. Hell, I was one of the ones that pissed because I was certain she was going to let the Ukraine call slide. But I do think that the tribalism should more firmly be planted at the feet of Gingrich and McConnell.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Yeah....but HER EMAILS!!!
and in the case of Giuliani - Butt his voicemails.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:00 PM   #279
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
There is only one candidate who I believe could build the sort of movement that could actually enact change. Electoral politics cannot get everything done on their own. And only Sanders could actually rally laborers, young people, and non-voters to make real change possible.

I wish there was a younger candidate without health concerns running who had the same vision. There isn't.
Well, i was very tired (at least for a good reason) when i posted that reaction to abovequote to you. I'm not sure i'd totally take that back - right now, but i will reread your response again. And post later this evening. My subway train is aboutvto arrive
Old 10-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #280
Refugee

Quote:
I am not going to defend her entire history. Hell, I was one of the ones that pissed because I was certain she was going to let the Ukraine call slide. But I do think that the tribalism should more firmly be planted at the feet of Gingrich and McConnell.
Agreed.

We can add the infamous Senator Harry Reid to the list