US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder how many more times Biden will have to ramble incoherently before the press will finally admit something is up with him. There are so many sticking their fingers in their ears. Fucking Rahm Emanuel called Julian Castro mean for pointing it out at the debate. Rahm Emanuel!

I do wonder how many more times Biden will have to ramble incoherently before the press will finally admit something is up with him. There are so many sticking their fingers in their ears. Fucking Rahm Emanuel called Julian Castro mean for pointing it out at the debate. Rahm Emanuel!
It was mean.

And he should do it again. And again. And again.

We need to stop nominating candidates who are in their mid to late 70s for this job. Cognitive decline is a real thing. It's not ageist to suggest so. It's reality.

That said - Biden's gaffes have been discussed ad nauseum. His record player comment trended for days.

You are absolutely cracked in the head. Have Trump supporters had anyone killed? Are they out chanting "kill Hispanics" or "kill blacks"?

First of all, that kind of behavior is run of the mill, every day stuff for these BLM thugs. Find me a source where Trump supporters are out looting people, burning down businesses and committing wide spread assault? Find me a source where Trump supporters have hijacked and permanently destroyed cities by committing senseless violence against innocent people? Find me a source where someone was actually killed in the name of Trump? And again my original question, find me some video or source of Trump supporters chanting "death to Hispanics" or "death to blacks".
Moreover, Trump shot down the violence immediately. Unlike BLM, which after weeks of dead cops on the streets gives some half-ass apology.

The amount of "violence" caused by Trump supporters is so minuscule compared to that of BLM. It's not even remotely close. Have trump supporters tried to kill anyone?
An "environment of hatred"? Give me a break. Pay attention to the facts, not your personal agenda. Your agenda makes it about Hispanics, we make it about lawbreaking illegals.

these aged well.

only 10% of the vote has been counted and it's basically 50/50. no reasonable person would expect any politician to concede in those circumstances.

edit: https://votes22.bechirot.gov.il/nationalresults

the purple is likud (netanyahu's party) and the opposition is the blue underneath.

likud is winning 29% to 24% with only 19% of the vote in, but twitter is outraged that he didn't concede anyways.

and of course he whines about the media being unfair. literally every conservative/right wing politician does and lots of left ones do too, even when they win.

Last edited:
as an aside, if you go to that page and ask google to translate it into english, you get some good party names:

"Justice led by my father"

"A normal people in our country"

"The pirates - because we're all in the same boat and it's all the same cruise"

“He happens to be Hispanic, but I’ve never quite figured it out because he looks more like a WASP than I do. So I haven’t figured that one out. But I’ll tell you what — there is nobody that loves this country more or Hispanic more than Steve Cortes,” Trump said. (Cortes is a pro-Trump television commentator and member of Trump’s Hispanic Advisory Council.)

“Nobody loves the Hispanics more!” Trump continued, before asking Cortes a question that suggested Latinos have dual loyalties: “Who do you like more, the country or the Hispanics? He says the country. I don’t know, I may have to go for the Hispanics to be honest with you. We got a lot of Hispanics! We love our Hispanics.”

I just saw a clip on Colbert with the quote from that second paragraph, and there is not enough WTF in the world to describe that.

Just watch as he becomes a hero to conservatives as some sort of PC martyr. Conservatives clearly want to be able to say racist things (and attempt rape at house parties in Bethesda) without questioning. Because first amendment.

Just watch as he becomes a hero to conservatives as some sort of PC martyr. Conservatives clearly want to be able to say racist things (and attempt rape at house parties in Bethesda) without questioning. Because first amendment.

He has a god given right to make as much money as he can and any attempt to curtail that is an assault on his freedom of speech!

SNL hires man that constantly uses racist and homophobic slurs as part of his act, and then takes an entire weekend to ponder whether or not they should let him be on their show after all. many comedians and former cast members come out of the woodwork to defend his right to say these things as "taking risks" and deplore his firing.

meanwhile, jenny slate got fired from SNL for accidentally saying the f-word one single time and absolutely nobody stood up for her when it happened.

He said this stuff on his podcast, and not a stand up routine correct ?

I assume his podcasts he’s being himself and it’s not really an act ?

Forgot about Jenny Slate as i felt bad for her at the time. She’s hilarious and seems to be a much bigger talent than this dude

?

We hear this all the time in the press and its discussed endlessly in here.
I hear it discussed quite often on social media, but the major news outlets at best gloss over it from what I have seen. Then again, I'm not in DC so maybe it's a little more under the microscope there.

Trump had to make the death of Cokie Roberts from breast cancer about himself. What a classless infantile narcissist.

I guess her headstone should say sorry I wasn't nice to Donald Trump. Is that some sort of official requirement now, to be nice to Donald Trump?

I never met her. She never treated me nicely,” Trump said, per a pool report. “But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional and I respect professionals. Never treated me well, but I certainly respect her as a professional.

please tell me you're at least in a riding that is solidly voting one way or another and not a close race.

Last edited:
Truthfully I am finding it hard to be totally outraged about Scheer although I find him to be terribly off putting.

I have a real issue with the SNC scandal which makes me not support Trudeau. It's absolutely corrupt and as my livelihood depends on the very same industry which SNC has been gaming, with the tacit approval of the provincial and now also federal government, I have a personal stake in standing against it.

If I can drag myself to the polls, I will vote for the Greens. I tend to align with their views generally fairly well in any event.

i'm not all that bothered about scheer himself but he's so spineless that if they win a majority i'm very concerned that he won't be willing or able to restrain some of the more fanatical factions of his party from doing real damage.

please tell me you're at least in a riding that is solidly voting one way or another and not a close race.

Ha! I absolutely hear you and I would consider voting strategically if it was absolutely dire.

In the last 26 years, only once did my riding go Conservative. If that's any consolation.

yeah, i'm in one of those too. last i checked, the liberal incumbent had a comfortable lead so i'd prefer to go and vote for the greens to sort of make a point (they have no chance of winning here), but if it gets too close i'll definitely vote strategically.

The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom