US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's entirely possible that he is in some sort of deteriorating cognitive state - thus explaining the paranoia, crazy nonsensical rants about outrageous conspiracy theories, etc.

It's also possible that he's just a woefully unqualified dipshit who gets all his information from Fox News, Breitbart and InfoWars - cause sames.

You make a strong point. LOL

Sondland's opening statement.

Looks like he is going to tear down the WH barricade that Rudy was acting as a rogue envoy, and that it was Trump himself that was directing all Rudy's activity and making everyone work through him before any decisions were made.

If that wasn't already done by prior people this week, it is a really big deal. Pretty much tying the president directly to this whole scheme that was months in the making.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/17/770714277/read-gordon-sondlands-opening-statement-to-congress

Sondland's opening statement.

Looks like he is going to tear down the WH barricade that Rudy was acting as a rogue envoy, and that it was Trump himself that was directing all Rudy's activity and making everyone work through him before any decisions were made.

If that wasn't already done by prior people this week, it is a really big deal. Pretty much tying the president directly to this whole scheme that was months in the making.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/17/770714277/read-gordon-sondlands-opening-statement-to-congress

I wonder if this has anything to do with the backlash at his properties/business ? He’s willing to speak out because not doing so will cost him $$$$

I wonder if this has anything to do with the backlash at his properties/business ? He’s willing to speak out because not doing so will cost him $$$$

Also heard that his wife is saying he needs to remove himself from this mess with Trump. She is Katherine Durant, a real estate investor and registered Democrat. And her point is exactly yours. Their businesses will be hurt if he doesn't turn on Trump.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/10/eu...his-wife-of-26-years-to-turn-on-trump-report/

also i'm really not sure how giving erdogan literally everything he wants for absolutely nothing in return can be called a "ceasefire" instead of a "surrender", but here we are.

When there are ZERO consequences to getting caught, then why hide it ?

Pelosi seems more interested in winning the news cycle and twitter than stopping this disaster in the White House

How many more kids have to be locked up in cages ? More Kurds with their heads cut off? Millions of people’s healthcare hanging by a thread? Gun violence , etc etc etc.

I get this is a process, but impeachment should have been done months ago. Right after the Mueller report was released.

The argument that it was too complex for the public says more about how stupid our society is than some legal process

When there are ZERO consequences to getting caught, then why hide it ?

Pelosi seems more interested in winning the news cycle and twitter than stopping this disaster in the White House

How many more kids have to be locked up in cages ? More Kurds with their heads cut off? Millions of people’s healthcare hanging by a thread? Gun violence , etc etc etc.

I get this is a process, but impeachment should have been done months ago. Right after the Mueller report was released.

The argument that it was too complex for the public says more about how stupid our society is than some legal process

Totally get the frustration. But if she moves fast it’ll go through the Senate and lose. Then he remains in office. I think she’s allowing him to hang himself and once he goes too far, and the GOP turns on him, then it’s time to strike.

RIP Elijah Cummings

If Orange Clown hasn't already tweeted something like "well he wasn't very nice to me but my sympathies to his family" (aka I don't give a damn because I only love myself), he will soon.

It's not so much what we're doing now

It's what wasn't done leading up to this point. Think where things would have been after Mueller Report dropped and he laid out clearly 10 cases of obstruction.

Here's my concern

What if none of this even matters? Even if the small chance that the GOP gets a spine and they convict him in the Senate, who's going to remove him? Barr? You cannot indict a sitting President according to their memo.

What if Trump decides during the 2020 Election that California's EV count doesn't count due to the MILLIONS AND BILLIONS of illegals voting??

The GOP/Trump have stacked the Federal Court system with their people, and not even qualified for Judges, just flat out extremist right wing cult members.

And even if things get to the Supreme Court, we all assume that John Roberts will save us cause he's "kinda" moderate.

The norms and/or rules do not follow anymore. The Democrats and Republicans still operate like the checks and balances will keep someone like Trump in line. They haven't, and they won't.

It's just maddening to watch unfold.

also i'm really not sure how giving erdogan literally everything he wants for absolutely nothing in return can be called a "ceasefire" instead of a "surrender", but here we are.

I had to re-read the ceasefire agreement several times because I couldn't believe it was real, it's absurd and an extension of the betrayal of the SDF.

It's not so much what we're doing now

It's what wasn't done leading up to this point. Think where things would have been after Mueller Report dropped and he laid out clearly 10 cases of obstruction.

Here's my concern

What if none of this even matters? Even if the small chance that the GOP gets a spine and they convict him in the Senate, who's going to remove him? Barr? You cannot indict a sitting President according to their memo.

What if Trump decides during the 2020 Election that California's EV count doesn't count due to the MILLIONS AND BILLIONS of illegals voting??

The GOP/Trump have stacked the Federal Court system with their people, and not even qualified for Judges, just flat out extremist right wing cult members.

And even if things get to the Supreme Court, we all assume that John Roberts will save us cause he's "kinda" moderate.

The norms and/or rules do not follow anymore. The Democrats and Republicans still operate like the checks and balances will keep someone like Trump in line. They haven't, and they won't.

It's just maddening to watch unfold.

I mean... In the unlikely event that the GOP grows a set and they convict him in the Senate? He'll be gone.

There's nothing the Supreme Court can do to overturn an impeachment.

I had to re-read the ceasefire agreement several times because I couldn't believe it was real, it's absurd and an extension of the betrayal of the SDF.

i'm so sick of all this winning.

I mean... In the unlikely event that the GOP grows a set and they convict him in the Senate? He'll be gone.

There's nothing the Supreme Court can do to overturn an impeachment.

i don't think BEAL was talking about impeachment, but the scenario he described where trump declares CA's electoral votes invalid or something and then having that go to the supreme court which upholds it. but he's got no power at all to make fiat decisions about its validity no matter how much he pretends he does, so that's kind of a non-starter anyways.

i'm so sick of all this winning.

i don't think BEAL was talking about impeachment, but the scenario he described where trump declares CA's electoral votes invalid or something and then having that go to the supreme court which upholds it. but he's got no power at all to make fiat decisions about its validity no matter how much he pretends he does, so that's kind of a non-starter anyways.
Here's my concern

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't discount the possibility of Trump holding up an election loss with lawsuits, specifically if it's close... but an impeachment removal is our best chance of having zero issues from the actual government.

I do fear some sort of violent reaction from the fringe right if/when Trump leaves office against his will - be that impeachment or by losing in 2020. I think there's a distinct possibility of an Oklahoma City style attack in the months/years following his eventual end.

Mulvaney is a terrible person.

Realistically, Trump is old, mentally unstable, obese and probably won't be around for much longer. What is imperative is that we all remember forever and ever until kingdom come if need be, all those people who propped him up and allowed this nightmare to play out. That includes his supporters and voters.

God, please let her get her ass handed to her in 2020

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/1184946997595430918

I think that you mean Collins. Lisa Murkowski is not up for re-election until 2022 and frankly she managed to get elected by a write-in campaign so she's really not going to be vulnerable. And at least she had the conscience to vote against Kavanaugh.

Collins is furrowing her brow in concern somewhere I'm sure.

I think that you mean Collins. Lisa Murkowski is not up for re-election until 2022 and frankly she managed to get elected by a write-in campaign so she's really not going to be vulnerable. And at least she had the conscience to vote against Kavanaugh.

Collins is furrowing her brow in concern somewhere I'm sure.

Oh shit LOL. :doh: that's a little embarrassing. But thank you for being kind by saying Collins is somewhere doing the same thing.

Mulvaney is a terrible person.

Realistically, Trump is old, mentally unstable, obese and probably won't be around for much longer. What is imperative is that we all remember forever and ever until kingdom come if need be, all those people who propped him up and allowed this nightmare to play out. That includes his supporters and voters.

Mulvaney really is. Go back and watch the news conference again. Knowing that he completely shit the bed and has people screaming at him right now... Just watch has smug and pompous he is. "Get over it" It will be interesting to see what fate awaits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom