US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever wrote that tweet imagining that turkey and russia are working together is ignoring about 500 years worth of context.

I don't read, how does this benefit Putin? Russia and Turkey aren't allies as far as I recall. This benefits Erdogan first and foremost.

True about Erdogan, but I would say that Russia benefits in the much more big picture way that Russia is so good at.
More chaos and instability in the mid east. Just as they have tried to do that in Europe, and the US through election meddling. Chaos brings weakness and desperate people that in turn are more easily manipulated.
And it again turns US against its partners, which seems completely consistent with what Trump has done his entire tenure.
God only knows what Putin really has on him. There are times when it seems that Trump's actions must come from Putin, just trying to see how far Trump can be pushed.

hoooo, boy.... :|

Remember when our far right interferencers tried to say that Hillary's bodyguard was carrying around a special anti stroke epi pen?

Man those were the days
Oh, i missed that supposition.

Hell froze over today, pos Lindsey Graham criticized Trump. About troop withdrawals from Syria. He called it a stain on America's honor. Left out the part that said just like our President and me.
Heh.
Leave it to the GOP to get outraged only when their bloodthirst for endless wars is threatened in any way. Everything else, they can live with. :|

Heh, sigh

Ha, at the back of my mind I had a small thought that one of the reasons for the betrayal would be to eliminate the only progressive, leftist force in some sort of power in the region - but part of it assumes Trump has done his research as opposed to chasing what would benefit him personally.

Ha, at the back of my mind I had a small thought that one of the reasons for the betrayal would be to eliminate the only progressive, leftist force in some sort of power in the region - but part of it assumes Trump has done his research as opposed to chasing what would benefit him personally.

Yeah, if some sort of deeper knowledge or understanding is necessary, we can rule that out straight away.

So in my mind, it's either following direct orders from his shirtless boy toy.
Or doing it out of pure personal benefit.

And all too often i think these two forces often overlap.

Good article.

At first, it was a mere curiosity. During the 2016 campaign, Graham had called Trump a “nutjob” and a loser,” as well as a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot.” He predicted that if the GOP nominated him, “we will get destroyed … and we will deserve it.”

Can't argue with him there. And I will have no sympathy for them as they fall. I mean, c'mon, this:

Graham told himself: by staying close to Trump, he could influence him and prevent horribly bad decisions.

If anyone seriously believed this, if anyone honestly thought that after the first time Trump made it clear he wasn't going to listen to professionals and experts, they were going to fare any better, they're even dumber than I thought. Don't sit here and act all shocked that Trump made another impulsive decision, GOP, you knew damn well he's been like this for the past THREE FUCKING YEARS. He's openly bragged about how he knows more than military officials, for God's sakes (which should've offended you guys, since, y'know, you love to brag all the time about how "patriotic" you are and how much you "support our troops" and blah, blah, blah, but hey, I guess it's more important to placate and encourage Trump's immature braggadocio instead, right?).

Like I said, if their turning on him means we get Trump out of here quicker, I'll go with it, but I don't want them to be absolved of their role in letting this insanity go on for as long as it has, either.

In my great and unmatched wisdom is in the next thread title, Emperor Trump decreed it yesterday.

I bet he is the real killer of Iron Man too, hate you 3000 for that Orange Clown

EGTHIWyUwAElgRq.jpg

A new poll out Tuesday from the Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University shows dramatic shifts in support of the impeachment process with 58 percent of the country now saying they support the impeachment inquiry and nearly half—49 percent—saying they support removing Trump from office.

The level of support for the impeachment process predictably differs along party lines, but none of the recent indicators are good for the president. “Since a July poll by The Post and ABC, there has been movement toward an impeachment inquiry among all three groups, with support for the inquiry rising by 25 points among Democrats, 21 points among Republicans and 20 points among independents,” the Post notes. Trump’s Ukraine phone call—which occurred in July but wasn’t reported on until September—has clearly altered Americans’ perspective on possible impeachment. It’s unclear how much Trump’s unhinged, all-caps response to growing impeachment pressure has changed opinions in the moderate corner of his own party, as well as among independents.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...increase-impeachment-inquiry-republicans.html

Pence better start warming up.

The best thing about the Trump folks is that they act guilty as hell about literally *everything* they are accused of.

So more blocking of testimony. You know, to talk about that perfect phone call.

I have this feeling that the Marie Yovanovitch testimony will be really important.
They are scrambling to block her now...

No puppet. No puppet. You’re the puppet.

amazing. :lol::lol::lol:
the moment when the child says he didn't eat the candybar and has chocolate all over his face.

Now that's an everyday occurrence. I'm not corrupt, Biden's corrupt and I'm the champion of anti-corruption. :|

Remember when the president made the vice president stay at a hotel on the complete other side of Ireland simply because it meant that tax payer dollars would flow into the president's own pockets?

Remember when he made air force cargo plane land in a remote Scottish airport located near a Trump resort, so that the airport would stay afloat, which was vital to his resort's survival, even though it was totally out of the way and would cost significantly more?

Remember when he planned to have the G7 at a shitty hotel near the Miami airport simply because it will make himself richer?

Remember how he spends every single weekend at a location which requires tax payer money to flow into his pockets?

Remember how foreign governments are buying out entire blocks of his DC hotel to cozy up to him?

Remember when he kowtowed to the Russians so that he could build a skyscraper?

Remember when he allowed the Saudi government to dismember an American journalist because Jared has real estate deals to think of?

Remember when he held up military aid to an ally that was being invaded in an attempt to aid his reelection campaign?

Last edited:
Remember when the president made the vice president stay at a hotel on the complete other side of Ireland simply because it meant that tax payer dollars would flow into the president's own pockets?

Remember when he made air force cargo plane land in a remote Scottish airport located near a Trump resort, so that the airport would stay afloat, which was vital to his resort's survival, even though it was totally out of the way and would cost significantly more?

Remember when he planned to have the G7 at a shitty hotel near the Miami airport simply because it will make himself richer?

Remember how he spends every single weekend at a location which requires tax payer money to flow into his pockets?

Remember how foreign governments are buying out entire blocks of his DC hotel to cozy up to him?

Remember when he kowtowed to the Russians so that he could build a skyscraper?

Remember when he allowed the Saudi government to dismember an American journalist because Jared has real estate deals to think of?

Remember when he held up military aid to an ally that was being invaded in an attempt to aid his reelection campaign?

That’s all well and good but I’d rather live in an America where it isn’t illegal to fly the American flag, like it was under OBAMA.

This doesn’t defeat your point, but Glasgow Prestwick isn’t a remote airport. I’m pretty sure it historically served both the USAF and the RAF, and for the most part is a dying airport that’s frequently used by Ryanair but might otherwise be converted into a space port.

But also Trump himself has personal dealings at Glasgow Prestwick, so it’s not exactly like, unclear that he chose it on purpose.

The best thing about the Trump folks is that they act guilty as hell about literally *everything* they are accused of.

Right? The one upside to them being so goddamn stupid, they're making this investigation so incredibly easy.

A new poll out Tuesday from the Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University shows dramatic shifts in support of the impeachment process with 58 percent of the country now saying they support the impeachment inquiry and nearly half—49 percent—saying they support removing Trump from office.

This is wonderful news. I sure hope our Trump supporting posters are reading all of this-if I were them (and had, y'know, any sense of shame or humility besides), I'd be feeling pretty embarrassed right about now.

So is there even a point to issuing a subpoena if they know it won't be followed through? The Dems aren't going to get any of these criminals to follow the law.

Start throwing them in jail or they'll continue to act like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom